BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

31 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would suggest, at the moment we haven't sold 5000 season tickets. This is just a guess and not based on fact. If you have facts about how many we have sold, let the messageboard know. 

All I know is that I and my best friend who I go with have renewed. Plus a few other Rovers I speak to have or will renew before the deadline passed. 

I will wait until we found out from the club about how many we have actually sold before making comments on the sales figures

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The prices are still the same as last season for existing season ticket holders and new season ticket holder face a £30 increase. 

Yes we know Chaddy. Which is why what he says is bang on.

We sold less than 8000 last year. In order to sell more we need to get new season ticket holders. IF we only get existing season ticket holders we can only sell a maximum 8000 rain. And yet for new season ticket holders the price has increased since last year. 

Utterly moronic. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hasta said:

Yes we know Chaddy. Which is why what he says is bang on.

We sold less than 8000 last year. In order to sell more we need to get new season ticket holders. IF we only get existing season ticket holders we can only sell a maximum 8000 rain. And yet for new season ticket holders the price has increased since last year. 

Utterly moronic. 

Woosh

On 27/05/2022 at 11:35, arbitro said:

Accrington Stanley are hosting Showaddywaddy tonight in what is a sell out. That is likely to bring in a few grand. They certainly know how to maximise their assets there. I also noted that the hospitality in Chairmans Lounge is sold out for when we play there on July 9th.

I know it's not season ticket related but the common denominator should be comparative income streams.

A bit late but I went on Stanleys last Home game as we had moved the Preston game, They have spent between 2m and 2.5m on a new club house what a good job they have done.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jodrell said:

A bit late but I went on Stanleys last Home game as we had moved the Preston game, They have spent between 2m and 2.5m on a new club house what a good job they have done.

I was there too. They are building new changing rooms which should be ready for next season.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

It will get extended about 4 times like it does every year.

Unveil a top class manager, a marqee signing and a promotion strategy and people will get off the fence.

Saying from Monday it's £30 quid more will possibly not have the same effect.

You heard it here first!

Bielsa as manager, Lasarte as DoF, they're bringing Vidal and Sanchez to Ewood, and Brereton's signed a new 5 year deal.

#RakingInThePesos

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

There will be imminent announcements regarding attractive season ticket packages, particularly for families, in the next few days.

Think that says it all about sales thus far and what a compete debacle the pricing has been.

‘Things are improving’ down there, indeed. On ticketing they are actually, inexplicably, getting worse. They are utterly clueless and Swag needs removing from post ASAP.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Season tickets  £250 - £300

How is it that hard to do?

The prices should be re evaluated to that and anyone who has paid already gets a £200 refund. 

Agreed. If the ticket was £299 instead of £399 it is actually and also sounds more palatable. 

I hadn't had a season ticket for 6 years before last season as I deemed my son now old enough to attend regularly. I absolutely loved it even the games I ended up attending alone, but the price with all of life's other increases and trimming back going on feels like a lot to fork out now.

I'm on the fence so I really hope what @darrenrover said above comes to fruition...and pronto!

Pretty obvious the sales are on their arse if they're scrambling about thinking of promotional activity now.

For what it's worth, most lads I know are more than happy to renew IF we get the right manager in soon.  The likelihood is they would do anyway though, there's just less sense of urgency.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to fathom out that people are watching the pennies a bit more and prioritising.  Loads of our fans will be getting that family holiday paid off first, after 2 years without for the most part.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, darrenrover said:

There will be imminent announcements regarding attractive season ticket packages, particularly for families, in the next few days.

Unbelievable,just unbelievable.

They really thought they could get away with those prices at this period of time,in this area.

#outoftouch

I often bang the drum about getting tickets released early and that this might make a difference. I can only speak from a personal perspective but it would for me.

Usually February and March are quiet months and relatively inexpensive stage of the year. I don't have much on and don't usually go away. So if the Club had released an attractive early bird package at that time with a strong incentive to renew early I would probably have just done it to get it sorted and benefit from the lower cost.

Then usually May and June are expensive times of the year, the weather gets better, weddings to go to, usually a holiday in June, go out to the pub more, cricket. So disposable income drops and other things take priority. The last thing on my mind right now is handing over £400+ to Rovers for something I won't be able to 'enjoy' until July/August, especially not when there is little incentive - ok there's a £30 increase if I wait - but that isn't enough to force me into taking action now.

If the Club had dealt with the managerial situation effectively - and had communicated properly vis a vis Mowbray's departure or had already appointed a competent new manager then this might sway me into action. For example if Farke was announced this afternoon I would probably show my support to such a decision by renewing right away. But I continue to retain a feeling of dread and concern about what they have planned and will not blindly hand over my money without seeing what it is they do next.

I said this last summer but Covid has altered my outlook on things and I've arrived at a stage where I am very relaxed about things to do with Rovers. If I renew it will be when I'm ready to do so and not before. As the new season approaches I might well 'get the bug' again and do it but I'm not playing games with Waggott and co. Sick of being taken for granted and treated like sh1t by Rovers.

Top end Championship prices I expect a minimum standard of product and professionalism to be delivered. We certainly haven't had that and if we are looking at half the names in the betting for a new manager then that isn't acceptable.

• Like 5