BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

And £500- £550 in the JWU… ‘cheap as chips’, I keep getting told.

It’s the old boiled frog analogy, they’ve relentlessly increased in price since Swag arrived and plenty of fans haven’t realised that we’ve gone from one of the cheapest to most expensive in the league. And that’s for a club with a limited fanbase with poor demographics, at a ground with far more supply than demand.

A ridiculous way to do business.

• Like 8

Absolutely.

And if we look at those more expensive than us you could say only Middlesbrough are comparable when it comes to stadium, empty seats and economics. Difference is that they have a 50 mile radius to share with Hartlepool whilst we have 17 other League clubs in that area almost all offering cheaper tickets.

Norwich a relatively affluent area with no billionaire owners and know they will get 20,000 turning up come what may expecting a promotion push

Watford expecting to be up there challenging

Luton having the best season in living memory and a ground that can only accommodate about 8000 home fans.

Its absolutely ridiculous yet I could accept it if the product or effort was there that you might not get elsewhere. If you got solid investment or a top manager like Middlesbrough have, or a nice stadium and facilities

Instead it is just excuse after excuse.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Are we not £429 cheapest price for new customers (as in the ones we need to attract to increase attendances)?

Therefore above Watford and level with Luton

That's what I thought as well.

Yes that's right. The prices I have put up are the cheapest available at each club including their renewals/early birds. So whilst our standard non renewal price is £429 most of those other figures will be higher for other clubs new customers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Absolutely.

And if we look at those more expensive than us you could say only Middlesbrough are comparable when it comes to stadium, empty seats and economics. Difference is that they have a 50 mile radius to share with Hartlepool whilst we have 17 other League clubs in that area almost all offering cheaper tickets.

Norwich a relatively affluent area with no billionaire owners and know they will get 20,000 turning up come what may expecting a promotion push

Watford expecting to be up there challenging

Luton having the best season in living memory and a ground that can only accommodate about 8000 home fans.

Its absolutely ridiculous yet I could accept it if the product or effort was there that you might not get elsewhere. If you got solid investment or a top manager like Middlesbrough have, or a nice stadium and facilities

Instead it is just excuse after excuse.

9A7B19F4-3327-445E-90B4-6D03FB8A5914.jpeg

1 minute ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Now put how far clear of boro we were before wilder took over 

As hard as it is to accept - our league position is due to 46 games not pre and post Christmas.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

So Middlesbrough finished above us, spent more than us, have a top manager who outperformed Mowbray after taking over when they were going nowhere in November.

Out performed with a bigger budget, wage bill, inherited squad and still only managed a 1 point gap.

A “top manager”…? Sounds like the opposite of sour grapes to me JHR.

I find it incredulous that you can swivel from calling ours a rip off and theirs a good deal, purely down to this and the local geography.

Each to their own.

11 minutes ago, JBiz said:

As hard as it is to accept - our league position is due to 46 games not pre and post Christmas.

Out performed with a bigger budget, wage bill, inherited squad and still only managed a 1 point gap.

A “top manager”…? Sounds like the opposite of sour grapes to me JHR.

I find it incredulous that you can swivel from calling ours a rip off and theirs a good deal, purely down to this and the local geography.

Each to their own.

I didn't call theirs a good deal. They are expensive just as we are. Just pointing out that at least for their relatively high prices they get more bang for their buck so to speak in that they have facilities that are looked after, don't have to slash costs under the guise of FFP every few years etc, can bring in a good manager when things aren't going too well.

And yes, Wilder is a top manager for this level.

They should introduce a flexi ticket for domestic fans too really.

Other clubs do them, i have a few mates around here who support Port Vale and they offer 10 & 15 game ST's aswell as the full one.

Accept that they would probably have to be slightly more pro rata per game but i'm sure it would help a lot out.

Does any finance wizards know what credit score would be needed to get a season ticket on a direct debit and if you can set one up with the club like a gym membership or does it go through a company . How likely are you to be rejected etc.

I have a very poor credit score as I grew up in the if you can’t pay cash you can’t afford it house. I have never had credit and recently got refused a sofa due to me never having any credit. I’ve just started the processes required to improve it, getting a credit card etc so I was just wondering what the criteria was to meet getting a season ticket in this manor 

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Just knowing we are playing Burnley twice is worth buying your season ticket alone

That'll be Waggotts new season ticket selling strategy.get a season ticket and guarantee your seat for the Burnley game.

It’ll have little impact on season ticket sales I’d wager will just mean more walk ons for that game. I fully expect the club will be all over it to try and drum up interest in season tickets. I suppose they could appoint a decent manager to drum up interest but as that hasn’t happened yet it’ll be unlikely now. 

So i'm sat round at a pals this afternoon in the heart of Chorley near the railway station. Having a coffee and an argument about football (yet another plastic Liverpool fan) and what drops through the door but a glossy 2 sided leaflet advertising North Ends discounted season tickets.

I was in Blackburn the other day and noticed on the back of a bus Rovers season ticket prices......from 2019.

Kind of says it all.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2022 at 11:48, Blackpool_Rover said:

Anyone heard what this ‘international Flexi’ season ticket is gonna be? They said more details to come on the official site but nothing yet.

Interested in some news on this too. I suspect we'll be waiting for the fixture list first as I imagine it will exclude certain fixtures knowing Waggott (Boxing Day, New Year, Bank Holidays if they're at home and Burnley)

Edited by superniko