BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Anyone worried about the season ticket holder exclusivity period can just get one in the Stanley end.

Barking mad this lot. Game was announced and Stanley had tickets on sale well over a week ago. We then put them on sale but decide to impose restrictions on sales. Probably just another foolish attempt by Waggott to cajole people into buying season tickets thinking they are going to miss out.

I won't succumb to such stunts I'll just go in the new bar and sit in the home end. They aren't going to force me into signing up - balls in their court - sort the managerial situation out properly and I'll pay top end prices.

Or the club is rewarding Rovers fans who have signed up as STH for next season to get their hands on tickets first. 

I see, so you believe there should now be a hierarchy of loyalty even before the season has kicked off! Maybe STs should now have a ‘Purchased on’ stamp so you can have exclusive perks on a sliding scale.

And despite it being the exact same product whenever you buy it, if you can’t afford one until pay day and are waiting till the claim your seat deadline, like every year, you are, of course, less loyal.

Don’t recall ever reading that in the Ts&Cs.

Didn’t expect any different from said poster though, what a strange view of the world he has…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I see, so you believe there should now be a hierarchy of loyalty even before the season has kicked off! And if you can’t afford one until pay day and are waiting till the claim your seat deadline, like every year, you are less loyal.

Didn’t expect any different from said poster though, what a strange view of the world he has…

Similarly I know fans who miss very few games but aren't renewing until the deadline for various reasons and could potentially miss out. I can't stand this dick measuring 'first to buy a season ticket' mentality. I have actually bought my tickets direct from Accrington even before we announced them.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Could potentially see Burnley,Preston,Blackpool and Bolton all selling more Season Tickets than us...let the good times roll!

Burnley had sold 12k+ a week or so ago, with Bolton also having gone through the 10k barrier. Blackpool at 4.6k, not sure about Preston. 

Burnley may well end up selling 15k and I wouldn’t be surprised if Bolton come close to that as well. 

I reckon Blackpool and us will be somewhere around 6-8k with Preston marginally higher.

Sh!t show.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or the club is rewarding Rovers fans who have signed up as STH for next season to get their hands on tickets first. 

Rewarding season ticket holders?

That's certainly the last thing on the minds of those making these decisions.

Only have to look at the disgraceful treatment of season ticket holders since 2019 to see how much they care.

It's nothing more than a cynical yet flawed attempt to try to pressure people into buying quickly, people risk missing out on a popular day at Stanley if they aren't quick.

Of course those not renewing yet for significant reasons - financial or waiting to see what happens on the manager front - aren't going to change their minds on that due to this. 

If they are that bothered they'll just get them from Stanley instead.

• Like 1

Bit of positivity around Wigan, I imagine they won’t be a million miles from us either.

Year upon year decline in sales for the flagship product of any football club, indeed hitting new lows in sales I wouldn’t have even believed possible a decade ago.

At a club with any kind of accountability heads would roll, but this is modern day Blackburn Rovers after 12 years of going through the motions…

Edited by Mattyblue

40 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Burnley had sold 12k+ a week or so ago, with Bolton also having gone through the 10k barrier. Blackpool at 4.6k, not sure about Preston. 

Burnley may well end up selling 15k and I wouldn’t be surprised if Bolton come close to that as well. 

I reckon Blackpool and us will be somewhere around 6-8k with Preston marginally higher.

Sh!t show.

Speaking to a Bradford fan at court this afternoon, they have sold 13,000 already. And he says the football has been awful!

• Like 1

The fact it's a big city compared to Blackburn not withstanding Bradford did heavily discounted STs years ago. Once you get them back in you can work on keeping as many as possible.

We have a starting point of one of the smallest catchment areas alongside one of the most deprived boroughs in the country. Heap in year on year price rises and a perceived lack of genuine ambition before last season and it's not hard to see why we are still struggling. 

Burnley are retaining a lot of their Prem support, they will do for a while and so would we if they'd potted Kean.  Wigan and Bowton alongside Blackpool are just off the back of their best seasons in years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

The fact it's a big city compared to Blackburn not withstanding Bradford did heavily discounted STs years ago. Once you get them back in you can work on keeping as many as possible.

We have a starting point of one of the smallest catchment areas alongside one of the most deprived boroughs in the country. Heap in year on year price rises and a perceived lack of genuine ambition before last season and it's not hard to see why we are still struggling. 

Burnley are retaining a lot of their Prem support, they will do for a while and so would we if they'd potted Kean.  Wigan and Bowton alongside Blackpool are just off the back of their best seasons in years. 

But that is the point, 293,000, but in the shadow of Leeds, they are are a division further down, but have made an effort. No effort at all from deadwood Ewood.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Rewarding season ticket holders?

Yes they are. 

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

If they are that bothered they'll just get them from Stanley instead.

For my own point of view I want to sit with Rovers fans not sit with Stanley fans

Edited by chaddyrovers

I had a Preston season ticket flyer handed to me on my drive last night, I thought it was pretty random in Clitheroe. The bloke told me fans had been dishing them around all of Lancashire. I had a look on their fans twitter page and they think they've dropped around 170k flyers. 

Prices for early bird are about 1/3 cheaper than the previous season £280/£300 for an adult. They are aiming for 10,000 sales. Mr Waggott went for a very different approach!

• Like 2

Mr Waggot needs a one way ticket off this gravy train the guy has overseen a year on year decline in ST sales after hiking prices year on year.

All our local rivals seem to have been cutting prices and selling more, some of them in the same division with smaller fanbases and problems of their own.

Surely being a failure in this very important dept is a sackable offence ?

2018 it was £279 in the Riverside, £299 in the Blackburn End, £329-£349 in the JWU.

For a new ST holder this time (in the midst of a cost of living crisis)…. £429 BBEnd/Riverside, £489-£529 in the JWU.

Absolutely insane.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

2018 it was £279 in the Riverside, £299 in the Blackburn End, £329-£349 in the JWU.

For a new ST holder this time (in the midst of a cost of living crisis)…. £429 BBEnd/Riverside, £489-£529 in the JWU.

Absolutely insane.

Wow! £150 increase for the Riverside in 4 years. That's worse than insane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Wow! £150 increase for the Riverside in 4 years. That's worse than insane.

It's simply crazy. Whether you can or can't afford it, it's the feeling of consciously having the piss ripped out of you that is stopping many renewals.

If you have an early bird price, have an early bird price. Offer it to potential new season ticket holders. At the moment it makes no sense whatsoever for any potential new season ticket holders to even engage until the week before the season.

If you are going to do a loyalty discount then do a loyalty discount. We've just tried to blend the two here and come up with a pretty shit deal on top of high and increasing prices.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

On 24/05/2022 at 14:53, Wheelton Blue said:

Totally.

I suspect a good number - myself included - have budgeted for getting paid at the end of the month before renewing.

For those intending to renew their Season Tickets in the last few days before 4th June deadline, please be aware that Rovers are closed on Thursday 2 June and Friday 3 June for the Bank Holidays, but they are open on Saturday 4th June.  Just a heads up.

• Like 1

I have had a pne flyer with the lunchtime post. The 280 adult price goes up to 400 after June 4. First time had anything like this from north end who are clearly looking to grow their fan base in surrounding areas. Meanwhile the club I support who have my details including email have done bugger all to entice me. If pne have a success of 1‰ with there flyer thats 1700  season tickets which is 4.76 million on adult tickets. Worth the effort.

2 hours ago, Rogerb said:

If pne have a success of 1‰ with there flyer thats 1700  season tickets which is 4.76 million on adult tickets. Worth the effort.

Only if they're selling them at £2,800! There's an extra 0 in there - £476,000. But still...

• Like 2