BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It isn't as simple as that, many people (not you as you've previously mentioned working shifts and as ever don't empathise) work 9-5 and that is when the ticket office is open. But point being, they should make it as easy and be as accommodating of everyone as possible rather than work off a "everyone should know how" policy!

My advice to Hasta was what I would do in the situation as I would want to someone face to face about moving seat. He could ring the ticket office or email the club for advice

On renewing your ST, as I said I did mine online and I had no problem. 

Yes I worked nights shifts as I do that cos its suits my family, home life and football needs, But many Rovers fans worked a vast variation of working shifts and hours which means the club can't be open 24 hours sadly but you phone call or email can be made to the club for advise or any other matters people have. I emailed the club sometime during the night cos during the day I am asleep for most of the day and I tend to receive a reply with 24 hours.  

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

it is your good self who is patronising MB and without getting into a bitch fest (again).

To simplify, even the element of our support who are not tech savvy know the season ended and know that ST's are on sale, the mega screen advertised it, everyone knows the new season starts in July because of the world cup and everyone else knows how to get a renewal be it online, over the phone or through a third party. It is NOT a new phenomenon.  Stop being so petty in making an excuse so you can offer criticism. Try being a tad more positive, you will like it, probably enjoy it and it will make your day fly by😀

Well one things for certain, you don’t know much about Marketing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Bang on the money.

Yet, you are seemingly ‘negative’ to want and expect better (though this can only be for the good of the club), whilst you are ‘positive’ if you meekly accept the club’s approach to sales and marketing (which is to merely repeat what failed so badly last summer).

Exactly. That applies on a broader scale too. Want better for the club, call out Mowbray, call out Venky's, the way the club is run and you are 'negative' in the eyes of many (outside of this forum, definitely).

Meekly accept mediocrity, the excuses coming out of the club and parrot club propaganda about exciting changes, the young squad and the PR exercise about Sporting Directors and you are 'positive' and a 'real fan'. Waggott had some of the fans on strings, ready and willing to sell off our superb training ground. How? By simply using the words "state of the art" in reference to a potential new facility.

That's how easy it is for some of the fans to be swayed by these slippery gits. Do not be taken in by the words of such people. That's not aimed at anybody specifically, just a general point.

In terms of the lack of season ticket packs, how likely is it that this is another cost cutting exercise? No need to do all that printing and get them sent out, just direct the fans to do it online.

"What about the older supporters who may not have access to the internet or know how to renew online?"

"It'll be fine. It's 2022, the modern world, everybody has a smartphone these days. If not, they could get a relative to help them. Or they could ring up the ticket office or come down in person to renew".

"Great. That's sorted then".

It's another example of the standards being lowered further at this club and another show of a lack of care towards the fans. That touch of class and appreciation the club had when John Williams was here is all but gone. I don't buy the nonsense about it being easier online and that "people should know". There will be a saving being made here somewhere along the line on costs.

Social media advertising doesn't reach everybody particularly older supporters. This is an inconvenience to supporters without there being any need for it. Make things more difficult for the fans and then charge an extra £30 after a certain date. Brilliant strategy.

"What about the manager situation though?"

"Tell the local press we are interested in Farke and Carvahal, that will get people interested and excited".

"Great".

Farke and Carvalhal is PR bullshit (in my view).

For anybody claiming we are just looking for anything to complain about, just remind yourselves of the standards this club used to have. Standards that we were used to and lived through as fans.

Why is what we see and hear today, okay now and justifiable? Why should we not call for things to be better? Staying quiet and accepting whatever we are told isn't being 'positive' in my opinion.

• Like 8

I see that Preston are out distributing leaflets advertising their season tickets (Much cheaper than ours). Seen posts from people sticking them through letterboxes in Garstang.

Wonder what the extent of our promotional material will be? Will we be posting flyers through doors in Leyland and Chorley?

We aren’t even posting flyers to all our existing (and dwindling) ST holder base, nevermind trying to attract anybody new - the £30 premium for any potential new purchaser tells us that.

Still, *everyone* knows how and where to buy one in this day and age, don’t they? So why go to the bother of trying to market them?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Nobody at the club actually gives a toss how many season tickets we sell, the owners will stump up the annual £30m to cover running costs, we all get paid, job done.

For the main players running the place in Blackburn its only a job, they're not emotionally involved, they're earning a decent crust running a club that won the Premiership 1995, looks great on CV that. 

I don't blame Waggott and rest of this brigade, this apathy comes from the top, anyone in business or employment knows the leadership set the standards, if they're missing in action or simply useless, that filters down through the organisation and spreads like wild fire. 

Plenty of talk in the media at the moment about working from home, Venkys have been working from home since 2011 and look at the results.

Venkys Out

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

Of course Venkys aren't the best, but to simply lay the failings of everything and everybody at the club at their doorstop is rather a simplistic view.

Waggot is a highly paid CEO of a large company. It is his responsibility to set the tone on the ground floor, and to deflect noise and uncertainty away from staff. That's what good leaders do.

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Of course Venkys aren't the best, but to simply lay the failings of everything and everybody at the club at their doorstop is rather a simplistic view.

Waggot is a highly paid CEO of a large company. It is his responsibility to set the tone on the ground floor, and to deflect noise and uncertainty away from staff. That's what good leaders do.

The owners appointed a cheap, 4th rate CEO in Waggott, he's working way above his pay grade in my opinion.

The buck stops with the owners, the enablers of mediocrity and until they leave this doesn't improve. 

1 minute ago, Gav said:

The owners appointed a cheap, 4th rate CEO in Waggott, he's working way above his pay grade in my opinion.

The buck stops with the owners, the enablers of mediocrity and until they leave this doesn't improve. 

That may be true, but doesn't excuse him from his responsibilities and accountabilities.

Whether he's capable is another matter, and yes, that is down to the owners to sort.

• Like 2

It's such a cushy number once feet are under the table at Ewood with the great buffer zone between Blackburn and India.

Those who occupy that are having a great ride on the gravy train as well whilst hiding in the shadows.

As has been said nobody in key positions in upper office really cares beyond trying to tick their boxes. Because they all get well paid regardless and don't have owners standing over them.

Waggot has never even hit his own targets in season tickets but he has overseen year on year price hikes. Taking Rovers from being amongst the top 5 cheapest to joining the top 8? dearest.

If his pay depended on it he'd be hand delivering leaflets for discounted tickets all across Lancashire. Fact is he doesn't need to his wages plus expenses and benefits will be paid out of the 7k we sell.

They need to get this next managerial appointment bang on because this fella can't grow a wart never mind a football club.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We aren’t even posting flyers to all our existing (and dwindling) ST holder base, nevermind trying to attract anybody new - the £30 premium for any potential new purchaser tells us that.

Still, *everyone* knows how and where to buy one in this day and age, don’t they? So why go to the bother of trying to market them?

I see the latest marketing ploy,, is to say that you get to see four local derbies if you buy a season ticket. It is a given that you will be able to see all home games if you have a season ticket.

Are Rovers trying a bit of blackmail over the Accrington tickets with them being on sale now to 22-23 season ticket holders? Most supporters I know will only renew either on or just before the deadline for existing season ticket holders to renew. If they are it's cheap shot.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Are Rovers trying a bit of blackmail over the Accrington tickets with them being on sale now to 22-23 season ticket holders? Most supporters I know will only renew either on or just before the deadline for existing season ticket holders to renew. If they are it's cheap shot.

Of course they are.

I have never known tickets for a pre season friendly go on sale to ST holders first before.

55 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Could potentially see Burnley,Preston,Blackpool and Bolton all selling more Season Tickets than us...let the good times roll!

Yeah but at least we've done all we can and can't compete at this level.

Oh that reminds me - now that Derby have gone down and Forest may well go up which of the remaining clubs in the Championship can the naysayers use as examples of clubs we can't compete with? About 4-5 at the very most can argue they are materially 'bigger' than Rovers.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Could potentially see Burnley,Preston,Blackpool and Bolton all selling more Season Tickets than us...let the good times roll!

41 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Imagine saying that before this shower turned up…

Any of us could turn the clubs fortunes around in 12 months, maybe not on the playing side, that requires significant funds, but marketing, ticket deals, community engagement, ground maintenance, sponsorship, new initiatives, you get the picture. 

The owners don't care, its blindingly obvious, the CEO and his skeleton staff are just happy picking up the wage and I know I sound like a broken record, but I can never see this changing until the owners piss off.

Until then the club limps along with no end in sight, its criminal.  

• Like 2

Yes, of course.

But where this is different is they are prioritising ST holders for a season that hasn’t even kicked off. We are not even at the claim your seat deadline yet, so as some of your most loyal fans won’t be renewing until the end of the month, they are excluded.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, of course.

But where this is different is they are prioritising ST holders for a season that hasn’t even kicked off. We are not even at the claim your seat deadline yet, so as some of your most loyal fans won’t be renewing until the end of the month, they are excluded.

Totally.

I suspect a good number - myself included - have budgeted for getting paid at the end of the month before renewing.

Anyone worried about the season ticket holder exclusivity period can just get one in the Stanley end.

Barking mad this lot. Game was announced and Stanley had tickets on sale well over a week ago. We then put them on sale but decide to impose restrictions on sales. Probably just another foolish attempt by Waggott to cajole people into buying season tickets thinking they are going to miss out.

I won't succumb to such stunts I'll just go in the new bar and sit in the home end. They aren't going to force me into signing up - balls in their court - sort the managerial situation out properly and I'll pay top end prices.

• Like 2