BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

8 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I've not even received my renewal pack.

If I did not do social media, my renewal would pass me by as would the deadline. Has the club stopped posting renewals and is hopeful that everyone logs into their website or follows them on social media?

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I did get something in the post, but I wouldn’t call it a ‘renewal pack’, just a leaflet directing me to the website.

It was an advertisement flyer informing you of the season ticket details and prices

• Like 1

I know, I received one, but thanks.

It’s not a ‘renewal pack’, as there is no pack with DD details to complete, a SAE for return etc, it’s a flyer telling you to buy one on the website.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

It is not beyond the realms of possibility or for some to think logically about it.

We know that season tickets are on sale therefore the options are simple and as follows:

1. Ring the ticket office.

2. Visit the ticket office.

3. Go online and purchase one.

4. Get someone else to do it for you using options 1, 2 or 3!

🙂

Edited by 1864roverite

Glen asked if people received a ‘pack’, I said no, it was a leaflet directing to you the website. A statement of fact.

So not sure why you have to go into full club defence mode again, have a day off.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Glen asked if people received a ‘pack’, I said no, it was a leaflet directing to you the website. A statement of fact.

So not sure why you have to go into full club defence mode again, have a day off.

Not defensive it’s simple explanatory information 

No you thought you’d patronise folk instead. Yes, of course you can use a website or ring up the TO.

But if you aren’t particularly tech savvy/internet literate (as many older fans aren’t) so you miss all the tweets and FB posts, and you haven’t even received a flyer (Glen hasn’t, so presumably many others haven’t either), never mind a DD pack, then your marketing strategy is failing.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No you thought you’d patronise folk instead. Yes, of course you can use a website or ring up the TO.

But if you aren’t particularly tech savvy/internet literate (as many older fans aren’t) so you miss all the tweets and FB posts, and you haven’t even received a flyer (Glen hasn’t, so presumably many others haven’t either), never mind a DD pack, then your marketing strategy is failing.

it is your good self who is patronising MB and without getting into a bitch fest (again).

To simplify, even the element of our support who are not tech savvy know the season ended and know that ST's are on sale, the mega screen advertised it, everyone knows the new season starts in July because of the world cup and everyone else knows how to get a renewal be it online, over the phone or through a third party. It is NOT a new phenomenon.  Stop being so petty in making an excuse so you can offer criticism. Try being a tad more positive, you will like it, probably enjoy it and it will make your day fly by😀

*Everyone* knows all these things, do they? You have some serious knowledge of our fanbase, obviously. Though I bet if you asked a 100 ST holders when next season starts I wager you wouldn’t hear many responses of ‘July’.

I want the best for the club, so on all matters I point out where they are going wrong and how we can improve, that is positive. We sold our lowest numbers of STs for thirty plus years last summer, so obviously the club needs taking to task on this issue and any way to improve comms and marketing around STs obviously needs looking at.

Merely parroting the lines of incompetents that have somehow got themselves into senior positions at the club is not positive from my standpoint, but is actually working against the best interests of Blackburn Rovers, but some folk on here obviously enjoy the relationships they have developed within Ewood, fair enough if that’s how they get their kicks.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

• Moderation Lead
37 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

it is your good self who is patronising MB and without getting into a bitch fest (again).

To simplify, even the element of our support who are not tech savvy know the season ended and know that ST's are on sale, the mega screen advertised it, everyone knows the new season starts in July because of the world cup and everyone else knows how to get a renewal be it online, over the phone or through a third party. It is NOT a new phenomenon.  Stop being so petty in making an excuse so you can offer criticism. Try being a tad more positive, you will like it, probably enjoy it and it will make your day fly by😀

To be fair, you need to start telling us things to be positive about, instead of this cryptic nonsense that things are better than they are, but then not explaining why.

Who’s doing what to improve what else and why are things better then? The floor is yours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

As long as you request it before 4th June, then no.

How? I can't go online and change seat. I can only renew my existing seat.

And I also won't know what seats are available from lapsed ST holders until after the renew deadline  (when the prices go up).

There should be a gap between the "reserve your own seat" deadline and then the prices going up.

Edited by Hasta

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

And I also won't know what seats are available from lapsed ST holders until after the renew deadline  (when the prices go up).

There should be a gap between the "reserve your own seat" deadline and then the prices going up.

You have to ring the ticket office to request a seat change.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, you need to start telling us things to be positive about, instead of this cryptic nonsense that things are better than they are, but then not explaining why.

Who’s doing what to improve what else and why are things better then? The floor is yours.

I don’t have to do anything at all Khod - there is a breeding ground of total and complete negativity spread by some and yes some of it is well founded but the majority is utter horse shit and unfounded speculation and rumour. Yet some hang on every whim of the negative aura, slagging everyone and everything as well as offering abuse because of alternative opinion and views. It’s becoming rife and tiresome as well as boring 🤬. If people really think there is no work going on to replace Mowbray good luck to you. Same with those who think it’s going to be a 5th division non runner with no plan no budget no players no ground or decent pitch and no new shirt to play in oh yea without sponsorship etc etc etc ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I can't think of one positive about how the season ticket news has started:

- The pricing (5th most expensive in the league and our cheapest of £399 compared to £280 for PNE)

- The marketing (barely anything from what i've seen and others have fed in)

- The timings (Hadn't Bolton already sold 10k or so before we even released ours?)

- The competence (We're going to release X, Y and Z - more details to follow....But still no details e.g. International Flex Ticket)

- The 'Waggot Tax' - extra £30 charge if you don't renew by a certain date or if you're new....what a brilliant way to put off new fans or on the fence fans

I hope you don't work in marketing or make significant decisions for a business of any nature if you think they way the club has gone about this has been in any way positive.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 6

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Come on @1864roverite, you must know this one seeing as you seem to know everything else (apart from the difference between a leaflet and a renewal pack, it seems).

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

It is not beyond the realms of possibility or for some to think logically about it.

We know that season tickets are on sale therefore the options are simple and as follows:

1. Ring the ticket office.

2. Visit the ticket office.

3. Go online and purchase one.

4. Get someone else to do it for you using options 1, 2 or 3!

🙂

By now everyone should know how to renew the season ticket and the days of the club sending out packs to fans are out of date. The club has used different social media and even a leaflet to tell all ST holders about renewing and how to do. 

I did my online which took about 2 minutes to sort out

25 minutes ago, Hasta said:

My advice would be go down to the club shop/ticket office and talk to member of staff about moving seat

35 minutes ago, superniko said:

I can't think of one positive about how the season ticket news has started:

- The pricing (5th most expensive in the league and our cheapest of £399 compared to £280 for PNE)

- The marketing (barely anything from what i've seen and others have fed in)

- The timings (Hadn't Bolton already sold 10k or so before we even released ours?)

- The competence (We're going to release X, Y and Z - more details to follow....But still no details e.g. International Flex Ticket)

- The 'Waggot Tax' - extra £30 charge if you don't renew by a certain date or if you're new....what a brilliant way to put off new fans or on the fence fans

I hope you don't work in marketing or make significant decisions for a business of any nature if you think they way the club has gone about this has been in any way positive.

Bang on the money.

Yet, you are seemingly ‘negative’ to want and expect better (though this can only be for the good of the club), whilst you are ‘positive’ if you meekly accept the club’s approach to sales and marketing (which is to merely repeat what failed so badly last summer).

Keep on with the failed polices for another summer and positive think the ST’s out of the door is the plan, obviously!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

And to make matters worse there is a major item on the agenda that wavering fans might want to see the answer to before they commit to such a substantial outlay - this being the managerial situation.

Appoint a bold, ambitious, exciting manager before the end of the month and sales could be boosted. Do nothing or make yet another ridiculous appointment and many will just not bother. Imagine another dismal Venky appontment followed by a £30 price hike in June - who in their right minds is going to renew or sign up then?

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

By now everyone should know how to renew the season ticket and the days of the club sending out packs to fans are out of date. The club has used different social media and even a leaflet to tell all ST holders about renewing and how to do. 

I did my online which took about 2 minutes to sort out

My advice would be go down to the club shop/ticket office and talk to member of staff about moving seat

It isn't as simple as that, many people (not you as you've previously mentioned working shifts and as ever don't empathise) work 9-5 and that is when the ticket office is open. But point being, they should make it as easy and be as accommodating of everyone as possible rather than work off a "everyone should know how" policy!

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I don’t have to do anything at all Khod - there is a breeding ground of total and complete negativity spread by some and yes some of it is well founded but the majority is utter horse shit and unfounded speculation and rumour. Yet some hang on every whim of the negative aura, slagging everyone and everything as well as offering abuse because of alternative opinion and views. It’s becoming rife and tiresome as well as boring 🤬. If people really think there is no work going on to replace Mowbray good luck to you. Same with those who think it’s going to be a 5th division non runner with no plan no budget no players no ground or decent pitch and no new shirt to play in oh yea without sponsorship etc etc etc ! 

It could easily be said that your positivity isn’t realistic though to be fair.

Venky’s have been horrendous owners and that’s been a constant for the last 11 years, so people base their views on past events. If there’s a reason for people to be cheerful, then what is it?

• Like 3