BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

Just having my first proper look at this.

So if you’re a young adult, possibly at College or Uni, sitting in the cheapest seats in the ground your season ticket goes up by over 16% from the 4th June.

But if you’re sat in the expensive seats in the JW central it only goes up by 6%

Ok. 👏

Edited by Hasta

In fact this is in general.

They’ve put young adult prices up by 16%.

They’ve  put 12 to 18 year old prices up by 25%.

Thats some price hike in 12 months!

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would I not renew my season ticket since I have one for over 20 plus years now? 

I enjoyed going to Ewood Park every time to watch my team play

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would I not renew my season ticket since I have one for over 20 plus years now? 

I enjoyed going to Ewood Park every time to watch my team play

But do we need to be reminded ?

I've been wondering about people's experiences of former season ticket holders who they associate with. What I mean is in my own experience the season we started in the Championship our group had 10 season ticket holders. This number is down to 2 now.

Of the 8 gone, there are 2 that have young kids and do other things on Saturdays but still attend when they can. Scarily though 6 want nothing to do with Rovers whilst Venkys are in charge. 2 watch Stanley now but the other 4 kinda drift in and out of even watching football that religiously as they feel a disconnect from the game due to owners doing as they please and fans having no say whatsoever.

I wouldn't fancy trying to sell something when 75% of my former customers won't buy until the owners go. Does anybody else have a similar experience?

Edited by cesus
  • Like 3

My main experience isn’t particularly of lapsed fans having any abiding issue with the owners, just the age old issue of once they stop their ST, for whatever reason (and it may well initially have been due to owner decisions), they just drift away and find other things to do with their Saturday, indeed many of them realise just how big a commitment it is to give up half your weekend (and a fair few midweeks) every other week and would now never come back regardless.

It has been amplified here by just how many ST holders walked away between 2011 and 2012 (c8,000) and then again in 2016 with Coyle (c2000). We’ve never recovered…

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

My main experience isn’t particularly of lapsed fans having any abiding issue with the owners, just the age old issue of once they stop their ST, for whatever reason (and it may well initially have been due to owner decisions), they just drift away and find other things to do with their Saturday, indeed many of them realise just how big a commitment it is to give up half your weekend (and a fair few midweeks) every other week and would now never come back regardless.

It has been amplified here by just how many ST holders walked away between 2011 and 2012 (c8,000) and then again in 2016 with Coyle (c2000). We’ve never recovered…

Good points, I suppose it just shows what a job the sales team have on their hands. In most businesses your best sales people are put on the retention/renewal teams, if your former customers who have literally got the history of buying the product drop off it must be hard. Therein lies why this club have chosen to hit the loyal unfortunately!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cesus said:

I've been wondering about people's experiences of former season ticket holders who they associate with. What I mean is in my own experience the season we started in the Championship our group had 10 season ticket holders. This number is down to 2 now.

Of the 8 gone, there are 2 that have young kids and do other things on Saturdays but still attend when they can. Scarily though 6 want nothing to do with Rovers whilst Venkys are in charge. 2 watch Stanley now but the other 4 kinda drift in and out of even watching football that religiously as they feel a disconnect from the game due to owners doing as they please and fans having no say whatsoever.

I wouldn't fancy trying to sell something when 75% of my former customers won't buy until the owners go. Does anybody else have a similar experience?

I know a few people who used to be STH but now have children and got on to property ladder so they have cut back on certain things and their children have activities so can't come to games as often as they would like. Plus their working pattern has changed meaning they can't make games. 

Rovers need to make more affordable for people with cheaper season ticket prices. match day prices plus food and drink cheaper and better quality if you want to get people back plus we need to be getting more into schools, youth clubs and local football teams to give away free tickets, merchandise and etc. 

• Like 1

As John Williams always said it’s a hell of a lot easier keeping a ST holder than trying to get them back, so you do everything you can to keep them in the tent… this shower never bothered learning that key lesson from day one.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, cesus said:

I am in this group. Stopped my ST after Lambert. Won't go back until they leave.

Was hard at first. Angry on matchdays.

Now its made easier by this magic stick from South America which means I don't have to pay to suffer.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers need to make more affordable for people with cheaper season ticket prices. match day prices plus food and drink cheaper and better quality if you want to get people back plus we need to be getting more into schools, youth clubs and local football teams to give away free tickets, merchandise and etc. 

I think the lads who go and watch Stanley who used to have Ewood season tickets who I know, certainly go there as its better for them socially. Better beer, facilities and cheaper tickets is a tick for them after their desire for heading to Ewood dwindled.

If you are just somebody looking for something to do socially or are genuinely priced out of your club then going watching another local side fair enough.

If you are a dyed in the wool supporter though who genuinely loves your club i can't see how anyone can just jump ship. It's the blue and white you are there for, the badge, the ground, the history.

You don't get that elsewhere no matter how good the facilities or beer.

• Like 3

My group here in Cheshire went down from 5 to 2 in the summer of 2012, with the last one dropping off in 2015. (Although we're back to 2 now considering my lad started coming at the start of the 15-16 season).

All have probably been to a handful of games since (mostly early after the relegation).

I still see them occasionally around town and all seem fairly clue'd up on whats going on football wise i.e with results and players etc, they just have no desire to attend games anymore. 

One lad was my age, while the other 3 were older and are in there mid 60's now.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

100%

If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.

And here we wait.

I'm still waiting, but unfortunately Mowbray, Waggott, Cheston, Venus, Lowe Park and Benson haven't floated by just yet.........

• Like 5

you`ll only get fans back by playing winning football with competetive prices,we`ve had neither for 12 years with added terrible owners,it`s no wonder people have walked away,the next manager decision is crucial,get the right man in and back him,the team has potential to go up imo,if huddersfield and luton can get in the play offs with a bunch of journeymen why the hell can we not,just need the right manager

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm still waiting, but unfortunately Mowbray, Waggott, Cheston, Venus, Lowe Park and Benson haven't floated by just yet.........

Lowe and Benson have contracts beyond 30 June 2022, anyone know how long remaining?

What proper manager would want those 2 on their staff going forward?

No proper manager would have a goalkeeping coach giving outfield players instructions in-game whilst Lowe looks like he's thinking about which bridge he can sleep under that night.

Honestly, what a shambles that many accept as normal.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

About time for an update on season tickets.

We now know most of the teams who will be in the Championship next season or are in with a chance of being. So lets look at their cheapest adult season ticket prices, in descending order

Norwich - £534

Middlesbrough - £450

Luton - £430

Watford - £402

Rovers - £399

Nottingham Forest - £385 - could be promoted

Rotherham - £380

Bristol City - £365

Sheff Utd - £357

Millwall - £350

P'boro - £349 - since relegated

Coventry - £345

Stoke - £344

Wigan - £329

West Brom - £329

Swansea - £322

Blackpool - £309

Reading - £299

Huddersfield - £299 - could be promoted

Barnsley - £285 - since relegated

Preston - £280

Cardiff - £249

Birmingham - £225

QPR, Hull and Derby still to announce prices. Derby are in the midst of a takeover, Hull have a strange membership system and QPR are fitting rail seating at Loftus Road which will impact their ticketing policy.

So as it stands we are the 5th highest starting price in the Championship. Two of those higher have just come down from the PL. Luton have extreme limits on their tickets which means they can charge more.

Pay top end I expect to see a top end managerial appointment and staff. Cheap and cheerful just won't cut it in this economic climate at these prices.

• Like 1