BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

Pleased that season tickets are finally out and I'm not surprised by the season ticket prices in all fairness. I will renew my season ticket but the price is not going to attract to new customers by loads sadly. 

I came up with a number of different pricing strageties for different customers in different situations. I won't offer just a weekend season tickets cos midweek attendance would massive plummered. 

The club cash offer is a joke and if fans renew or new customer buys than its just been at least 50% of a new club season shirt or something like that. 

Also I wonder when the new shirts for next season will be releas

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pleased that season tickets are finally out and I'm not surprised by the season ticket prices in all fairness. I will renew my season ticket but the price is not going to attract to new customers by loads sadly. 

I came up with a number of different pricing strageties for different customers in different situations. I won't offer just a weekend season tickets cos midweek attendance would massive plummered. 

The club cash offer is a joke and if fans renew or new customer buys than its just been at least 50% of a new club season shirt or something like that. 

Also I wonder when the new shirts for next season will be releas

The thing is attendances will not "plummit" for midweek games. Because the crowds for week-end games will be poor.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

God only knows what damage Kean, Jerome and Venky’s would STILL be doing if it wasn’t for the fans, and particularly Glen’s activities in those early days. They’d still be here causing havoc, if the club was still in existence at all - which it probably wouldn’t be.

Amazes me how people still state “we’d be screwed without Venky’s”. We will always be screwed with them. We’d be nothing more than a cautionary tale and a collection of memories if they’d have continued on as they were. It wasn’t about taking the club forward, it was about saving it.

Maybe there is scope for taking it forward now, but it’s just as likely we are on the verge of another period of absolute disaster. Crisis is never far away with Venky’s.

Like the summer when another crap manager is appointed, then the we could be bury line will be trotted out. Without any understanding as to what actually happened at bury !. Glens done more for this club then most of us put together he stuck he name and head above the parapet. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

1. Never been AWOL, one by one had the parasites moved from the club. Presented the the F.A, Premier League, Football league, and at Parliament. Subsequently, the sports minister issued a bill for regulation in football ownership and changes in the fit and propper test, which we are now seeing the inpact today, through other clubs not easily getting lumbered. 

2. Took our story from one side of the globe to the other, which includes a book two documentaries and another which is coming out which i've been in dialogue which will go on TV.

3. Organised the legends match which brought back some of our greats including tugay, and kick-started the former players association being a support network for former players. They have subsequently kicked on with many more events 

4. Opened the first walk in centre in Europe run by volunteers, as a charity for football related concerns, but also homeless, foodbanks, domestic violence, which was supported by the European football supporter federation (ESF)  and Football supporters federation (FSF).

5. Elected member of the National council FSF

6. Formed and was elected as Chairman to the largest supporter group.

7. Former secretary of the rovers trust

8. Organised open meetings, supported by the council, mayor and local MPs, and got club representatives to answer the supporters in these meetings.

9. Was part of a group who fund a trip to Jersey on Jacks anniversary every year to lay flowers.

10. Opened up direct contact with the Raos in india, speaking with guy who signs the cheques and also his son who is chairman elect 

11. Presented the views mandate of supporters, minuted, transparent to the club and left my own views at home.

12. Have sponsored various matches at the club

13. Provided season tickets to four people

14. Organised for under privileged children, working with childrens services to attend matches at Ewood, including food and transport.

15. Carried/funded out a full investigation of illegal activity at Blackburn rovers and presented the case and shared the findings, which have also been published by media outlets

Thats just a few things off my head.

Your ideas of aggression are misguided, I dont hide behind alias's, I have never been in trouble, I have direct contact and dont need to stroke people. Negotiation is very much that, its ruthless both ways, and not for shrinking violets.

16. Working capital, investment, is down to their intentions. One thing is for certain, financial backers is one thing I do have, its one thing the supporters have always had. They have no intention in selling, they've had offers from both supporters and other investors. 

I want what most of the supporter base want, a football administration given autonomy to run the club. Honest, hardworking board who understand the demographics, heritage, but can run the ship to return us to the administration model it was before they bought the club. I want transparency.

Finally, i dedicated everything I had to be a strength for others, and stand up for those who wanted/needed action.

Sadly it has contributed to me missing out on my 5 daughters growing up.

Its not a secret, I now have an illness where my immune system is shutting down, and the my bio-therapy has been canned due to my body unable to fight the side affects. 

My quality of life within my health is not good at all, but I work bloody damn hard to ensure my family are looked after, and damned with the energy i have left, am I gonna roll over and . have my belly tickled by leaches, parasites, and damn right ignorant people. Our club, our supporters  our town and Jacks Legacy deserves better.

I'm very much for people trying to get a better rovers, but cannot and will not buy into secret societies, and at some point secret societies need to realise that without the supporters you actually do not have a purpose.

Right now, the Rovers trust is the only credible vehicle for engagement with the clubs hierarchy for change which benefits the wider community ad their mandate is clear and in the domain.

I've missed off so much, but if you'd like to elaborate what you've done, now would be a good time to share, you never know you may actually get the support which you will need.

But what have you done for me lately 😂

(see who the Eddie Murphy fans are in the house 🙌)

In all seriousness that’s staggeringly impressive. I hope you health stays manageable . One day we will win and it will be down to people like you 💪🏻💪🏻

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

We really need more imaginative people in the marketing dept.

What about a 'saturday only'/non-midweek season ticket option?

Or something like a membership that gives you discounted ticket prices? Pay £40 now, get all tickets for £20 per game on the days you want to go.

Maybe renew your ticket and buy an extra for a non-current ST holder and get 25% off both?

Family tickets, discounted all in price for two adults and two kids buying together?

May not be very fair in all cases but these are just off the top of my head.

£15 club cash? For what? A shirt that may change sponsor half way through the season and may or may not be released before August? There's just no incentives to get bums on seats, and its 6 weeks too late, again.

I’ve been advocating this for ages, when myself and Duncan sat down with Steve prior to Christmas. I said they’ll be loads like me that have young kids who can’t come midweek but still buy season tickets. Can’t we look at something usual we’ll take it on board then do nothing with it 

• Like 3

Can I throw it open to the MB...what would you interpret as a good Season ticket deal?

Btw darrenrover,we're all mightily pissed off with how our Club has been used and abused over the last 12 years...that just might explain the 'negative vibes and back biting'.

Think on.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Can I throw it open to the MB...what would you interpret as a good Season ticket deal?

£399 across board all areas of ground for renewals and new applicants. Obviously ratchet for senior,  young adults,  kids etc.

Suddenly people who could afford 1 in some areas can perhaps stretch to 2. Bums on seats increase atmosphere.

Alternatively people love a good deal.

My wife forever buying 3 for 2s of stuff we didnt need 1 off.

3 for price of 2 brings new fans to ewood potentially, 

Family tickets.

We have an all seater stadium half empty, bums on seats generates sponsorship, more shirt sales, more food sales, more merchandise sales, an electric atmosphere.

This offer dont inspire 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I would have been delighted with an announcement of Mowbray's departure at the same time as announcing tickets were £359 or so.

I would have been happy with a new manager and a price freeze FOR EVERYONE ALL SUMMER LONG.

I would have understood a silence on the managerial front with a big price drop.

This is pathetic. I will only renew with a decent appointment that implies at least that lesson has been learnt (I remain unconvinced).

Edited by Riverside under the drip
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

£399 is definitely too much, £300 seems more realistic.

Cant remember what i paid last season, i think the £399 offsets the young adult season tickets, although a big gulf between the two prices. Although id be up for £300, but trying to be realistic in terms of revenues which do need to be generated 

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Cant remember what i paid last season, i think the £399 offsets the young adult season tickets, although a big gulf between the two prices. Although id be up for £300, but trying to be realistic in terms of revenues which do need to be generated 

But £300 would likely increase the quantity, so it is a fine balance. Might be in a different thread but we are one of the very highest in the league in regards to cheapest available season ticket, considering that Blackburn is not the most affluent area, that isn't acceptable nor is it constructive.

Most clubs have a few thousand seats in the non popular stand at eye catching cheap rates so they can say" Season tickets from*.

The Riverside should be £329. At least it still gives people struggling a chance/option to buy one. 

£399 cheapest seat makes maybes no chances,

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Old Rover said:

Most clubs have a few thousand seats in the non popular stand at eye catching cheap rates so they can say" Season tickets from*.

The Riverside should be £329. At least it still gives people struggling a chance/option to buy one. 

£399 cheapest seat makes maybes no chances,

I do believe the Riverside price hike was brought in for the 2020/21 season under the guise of 'if we have to enforce social distancing it's easier to move people around if everyone has paid the same'. I can somewhat understand that logic being retained last summer but it's abundantly clear that all of that is well and truly in the past. But this is Waggott we're on about, and stealth price rises are his speciality.

I'm in a minority but I don't think the prices are THAT bad on the face of it.

However - the levels of apathy are spiralling out of control at the moment so the numbers will be way down on last year and at rock bottom I think.

People would be prepared to pay a bit more if the product is worth it. As it stands we're really not sure of the product on offer though. There remains the chance that Mowbray is still in charge and hell fire I dread to think of the numbers if that was the case. If they announced I dunno,  Farke as the new manager about to take us on an exciting journey it would stir more interest.

The deadline is unreasonable for the 'cheaper prices too. From the end of the season to the deadline is roughly a month. If we're still none the wiser at that stage who our manager is why the hell are folk going to commit? We don't rush things so even if they announced Mowbray is leaving, how long would they piss fart about getting a new man in? Till after the deadline you can guarantee!

• Like 3