BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/bradley-dack-injury-blackburn-rovers-24483990

I find these quotes really worrying about Dack and the potential for continuing injury and fitness issues.

The problem with the "U23's with a few U18's" tag is that in the absence of recruits which may or may not arrive before the season, it was also a display featuring our second choice players who could be needed at the start of the season if we get any knocks. It perhaps suggests that these players are not ready to be squad players if the attitude around them is one of very low expectations due to their age,

Not factoring in that it was seemingly a second string Dundee side with a few trialists.

What is this recent "negativity shaming about?"

A poster admittedly with a track record of hyperbolic nonsense shared a phone call he had with a Rovers fan on an internet messageboard. What does "we really don't need right now" even mean.

It's so frustrating and it is becoming more and more common sadly.

It’s getting frustrating to read a lot of people telling people what to think and when they’re allowed to judge anything.

The only people who should be moderating content are the (drums please) moderating team! We try to let things flow as much as possible- don’t think I’ve hidden a post all week tbh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Not really too difficult to understand, "we really don't need MORE negativity right now"

Keep up...

I don't see how one poster on an internet messageboard sharing the opinion of another supporter who was at the game on aforementioned messageboard is "not needed" as if it makes a difference to the team.

3 hours ago, damo100 said:

Don't really care if your friend was an ex player who played at 'a good level' I stand by my post stating he/you are being harsh on the lads who played last night.

Sort of negativity we really don't need right now.

For goodness sake, the six I mentioned are 23 years old and older!  They are not lads!

Given the general nature of your posts, I suspect you are a Rovers' plant and some of the stuff you come out with is, IMO, very reminiscent of mogadon Mowbray. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't see how one poster on an internet messageboard sharing the opinion of another supporter who was at the game on aforementioned messageboard is "not needed" as if it makes a difference to the team.

I was referring to our negative fanbase.

1 minute ago, damo100 said:

and what do you expect when, IMO, the fan base have had to put up with 12 years of sh1te!?  Go and feed that to your lord and masters.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

For goodness sake, the six I mentioned are 23 years old and older!  They are not lads!

Given the general nature of your posts, I suspect you are a Rovers' plant and some of the stuff you come out with is, IMO, very reminiscent of mogadon Mowbray. 

You're way out here Mercer, seems more likely as soon as anyone comments and shares an opinion of their own that doesn't match yours, you clearly don't like it, spit your dummy out and seemingly want the last word.

Rovers plant?

mogadon?

Far from it..

4 minutes ago, damo100 said:

You think Rovers fans specifically are negative compared to other teams and their supporters?

And even if you do, considering the last 12 years as Mercer says, do you blame people?!

I hate this negative shaming fad as it is done in the absence of constructive debate. At games, this "negative" fanbase that you speak of doesn't seem to really exist.

"We don't need it" implies that it has had a negative impact on the team that people are sharing what you perceive to be negative opinions on places like on here. If that is your implication, and if not then fair enough, then it is bollocks.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

and what do you expect when, IMO, the fan base have had to put up with 12 years of sh1te!?  Go and feed that to your lord and masters.

You clearly don't understand, maybe you're one of the negative fans I'm referring to.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You think Rovers fans specifically are negative compared to other teams and their supporters?

And even if you do, considering the last 12 years as Mercer says, do you blame people?!

I hate this negative shaming fad as it is done in the absence of constructive debate. At games, this "negative" fanbase that you speak of doesn't seem to really exist.

"We don't need it" implies that it has had a negative impact on the team that people are sharing what you perceive to be negative opinions on places like on here. If that is your implication, and if not then fair enough, then it is bollocks.

Like Mercer you've completely misunderstood the post. 

Of course we have negative fans, I sat in front of around 6 mature know it all at Stanley on Saturday, moaning and slating players throughout. 

Then you look at most social media formats, right now negative posts regards no signings, ticketing, maintenance at Ewood, Venkys etc etc..

Do you attend matches at Ewood and see 20k empty seats?

2 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Of course we have negative fans, I sat in front of around 6 mature know it all at Stanley on Saturday, moaning and slating players throughout. 

Then you look at most social media formats, right now negative posts regards no signings, ticketing, maintenance at Ewood, Venkys etc etc..

I do indeed attend matches and even with Brereton for example when the narrative was that he was treated horribly by our nasty, negative fans, that simply was not the case.

Lots of fair criticisms there, no? No signings and lots of gaps in the squad. Ticketing policies again off the mark. The ground showing huge signs of not being looked after. Venkys, nothing else needs saying on them.

Fans on the terraces saying they don't rate x and y, people go to football and give their opinions to each other, was it audible to the players?

How about we discard the negative narrative and instead all have constructive discussions whereby positive/negative has no bearing on the validity of an opinion?

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, damo100 said:

You clearly don't understand, maybe you're one of the negative fans I'm referring to.

Don't feckin patronise me.

I've supported Rovers for 60ish years home, away and in Europe.  I've experienced the giddy heights and the horrible lows of our club.  I know what I see, I know what I hear and I know what I feckin understand.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do indeed attend matches and even with Brereton for example when the narrative was that he was treated horribly by our nasty, negative fans, that simply was not the case.

Lots of fair criticisms there, no? No signings and lots of gaps in the squad. Ticketing policies again off the mark. The ground showing huge signs of not being looked after. Venkys, nothing else needs saying on them.

Fans on the terraces saying they don't rate x and y, people go to football and give their opinions to each other, was it audible to the players?

How about we discard the negative narrative and instead all have constructive discussions whereby positive/negative has no bearing on the validity of an opinion?

Amen

• Like 1

He’s obviously on the wind up today for some reason as he himself has been enormously ‘negative’, to use his barometer, all summer on the season ticket thread.

But I’ll bite.

A percentage of football fans moan and groan constantly at grounds, it’s not a Rovers thing.

Go and sit with any other set of fans or read any other clubs forums or social media interactions, that’s fandom.

And it’s the fans fault is it for the empty seats? Maybe a decade of decline and season tickets for second division football in a town like Blackburn priced at £429 to £529 for any potential new fans might have something to do with it, maybe…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, damo100 said:

There are 20k empty seats partly because this stadium was too big for the town unfortunately.

If Burnley, Preston, Bolton or Blackpool had a same sized stadium they'd have a similar number of empty seats.  That's just the way it is although personally i think we should have a few more turning up there are obviously reasons why most don't beyond being negative.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There are 20k empty seats partly because this stadium was too big for the town unfortunately.

If Burnley, Preston, Bolton or Blackpool had a same sized stadium they'd have a similar number of empty seats.  That's just the way it is although personally i think we should have a few more turning up there are obviously reasons why most don't beyond being negative.

It is now. Jack built the stadium for PL football, until the Loons rocked up, the ground was absolutely right. 30,000 against Liverpool, I think the highest attendance. Another Loon achievement.....we don't thank you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

It is now. Jack built the stadium for PL football, until the Loons rocked up, the ground was absolutely right. 30,000 against Liverpool, I think the highest attendance. Another Loon achievement.....we don't thank you.

Yes i should have said 'for our level'.

Cheaper season tickets are needed above anything as other local clubs have shown.  Even then though there'd still be at least 10k empty in home sections - which is better than 20 obviously.

But the moaners who constantly moan about this negative fanbase we are suppossed to have would still moan.  'Oh our fans are shit we should be getting 18/20k, after all they turned up for the Oxford and Bournemouth games'

Some just don't grasp it's a historical small town fanbase and always has been.  If you want numbers at this level you need success and cheaper tickets.  And if you can't have both you definitely need one !

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes i should have said 'for our level'.

Cheaper season tickets are needed above anything as other local clubs have shown.  Even then though there'd still be at least 10k empty in home sections - which is better than 20 obviously.

But the moaners who constantly moan about this negative fanbase we are suppossed to have would still moan.  'Oh our fans are shit we should be getting 18/20k, after all they turned up for the Oxford and Bournemouth games'

Some just don't grasp it's a historical small town fanbase and always has been.  If you want numbers at this level you need success and cheaper tickets.  And if you can't have both you definitely need one !

From memory, I think we averaged 25k or more on about 10 seasons when in the PL peaking at about 28k following PL title win.

Prior to that, I think you'll need to go back to 1959/60 season for an average of 25k or more.  Following the Wembley Cup final ticket fiasco in 1960, Rovers then lost about 6k fans overnight many vowing not to return and they didn't (5 or 6 were my dad's mates and they were seriously p1ssed-off).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Don't feckin patronise me.

I've supported Rovers for 60ish years home, away and in Europe.  I've experienced the giddy heights and the horrible lows of our club.  I know what I see, I know what I hear and I know what I feckin understand.

I see, however it's ok for you to patronise others?

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/bradley-dack-injury-blackburn-rovers-24483990

I find these quotes really worrying about Dack and the potential for continuing injury and fitness issues.

Therefore I think JDT is talking directly to you when he says “"He just did a little bit too much for him, nothing serious. I understand the concern because he did those two cruciate ligaments so people can be afraid. Don't be afraid."

Team Id like to see versus Celtic

Kaminski

Brown.     Carter.        Wharton.     Pickering

Travis.        Wharton

Dolan.           Buckley.      Brereton

Gallagher

What worries me is that defence.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, damo100 said:

So people should be positive about the ticketing, maintenance of Ewood, no signings, Venkys etc etc?

• Like 1