BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

13 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Should find out more about the Dack situation after the game. Maybe it's just a case of training being quite intense (sounds like it is under Tommo) and he needs an extra day or two of that under his belt before being risked in a low-key friendly game. We might have to get used to this situation with Dacky (injury niggles), but fingers crossed he gets game time on Saturday.

Or it could be that Dack does not fit JDT's plan A, and Dack might have to except only being part of a plan B system. I am not saying this is true, it is just an idea. Dack may be on the bench quite a bit this coming season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm curious why you think that is? The points count the same. Spending 15% of the season pissing around with formations and lineups risks essentially starting with a handicap.

I think Hasta's post, was tongue in cheek. I may be wrong. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, goozburger said:

For the Hartlepool United game, their official Twitter account states that it will be audio-streamed on their Mixlr page. I don't know if it's free, or if it even works (clicking on previous recordings doesn't seem to for me), but it might be an option for those that can't make it but want to follow it live.

Thanks. It's free and works fine.

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

Or it could be that Dack does not fit JDT's plan A, and Dack might have to except only being part of a plan B system. I am not saying this is true, it is just an idea. Dack may be on the bench quite a bit this coming season.

Dack might not be the same player he was after those injuries but if he is anywhere near, JDT needs to get him on the field, he's one of our best players.

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Quite possibly. Seen people post similar in all earnestness so it's hard to tell sometimes!

Lol. It was.

But it’s worrying that so many people seem to think that way that it’s plausible to be a genuine opinion!

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Plus he’s clearly balding and refusing to admit it

He needs a few more months off to have a sneaky hair transplant session!

Sadly I can't see him being much more than an occasional cameo player for us now until his contract is up, then i think he'll be off to lucrative retirement league like the mls or some mongy middle east league. 

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Seems strange we aint got many pre season games, and of the ones we do have one is being used for mainly fringe players, 

JDT has openely said that the pre season games where arranged before his arrival and arent really to how he'd like it. (or words to that effect) 

That was he only time so far that I've heard Tomasson say anything remotely negative

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

How’s Markanday doing? 

His name keeps coming up, mispronounced by the commentators, but doesn't sound like he has done anything impactful. Then again it doesn't sound like most have.

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

qpr winning 0-6 at half time🙈

Hopefully they're just blowing their load early.

• Like 2

We just hit the post with the keeper tipping it, commentators think it was Buckley.

Then from the resultant corner, sounded like we nearly scored but they got a good block in.

Edited by bluebruce

Sounds like Hartlepool coming into it now and putting us under some pressure. Pool commentators feel they look like the Championship side right now. Not sure they realise how few of our starters are out there.

Bit tired of hearing them call Markanday 'McAndre'

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Sounds like Hartlepool coming into it now and putting us under some pressure. Pool commentators feel they look like the Championship side right now. Not sure they realise how few of our starters are out there.

Bit tired of hearing them call Markanday 'McAndre'

They seemed impressed by this "McAndree".  Saying he's been our best player and someone rovers fan can be excited about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't have an issue with how JDT is managing the workload pre season it's a new approach so lets go with it.

I just hope he knows what he's in for with the Championship.

swedish football could`nt be more different to english football,lets hope jdt has remembered his spell at newcastle,every game is full on,pretty sure you don`t get that in sweden

• Like 1