BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

I seen a post on facebook from a couple of Rovers fans who have met JDT and some of the players. said the players are really enjoying the intense of the training, talks positive and they love his energy. says The players looks sharp and great team spirit and togetherness. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I seen a post on facebook from a couple of Rovers fans who have met JDT and some of the players. said the players are really enjoying the intense of the training, talks positive and they love his energy. says The players looks sharp and great team spirit and togetherness. 

Think @J*Bposted this last week

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

after the rain cloud that was mowbray no doubt it`s a nice change to have some positivity and sunshine

• Like 4

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Was this the guy that said Dack looked particularly sharp? I hope that's the case, I can't imagine he's had much of a holiday and has concentrated on getting his fitness to the next level. He was clearly still way short last season (understandable) so hopefully getting there now.

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Was this the guy that said Dack looked particularly sharp? I hope that's the case, I can't imagine he's had much of a holiday and has concentrated on getting his fitness to the next level. He was clearly still way short last season (understandable) so hopefully getting there now.

According to @Paul ManiDack is really struggling with the "high press" part of training.

Edited by MarkBRFC

There's no way Dack turns into a high press player for 90 mins every game.  Rhodes couldn't do it either.

His talents can still be harnessed though just get others around him doing it whilst leaving him to find space.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ossydave said:

yes he did say that. 

I would imagine that Dack ahs been working on his fitness and training throughout the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

The thing is with this high press malarkey...most championship teams punt it anyway so I'm not so sure about this at our level.  And it doesn't suit our most talented player so...

If we go back to the “ pass it around at the back until we lose it “ style of play that Mowbray tried I won’t be happy.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we go back to the “ pass it around at the back until we lose it “ style of play that Mowbray tried I won’t be happy.

Look at JDT's comments of how he wants us to play. We see a massive change starting at Stanley fixtures?

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

The thing is with this high press malarkey...most championship teams punt it anyway so I'm not so sure about this at our level.  And it doesn't suit our most talented player so...

But the most important question and the only relevant one is, does it suit JDT ?

• Like 1

The high press has worked well for us when it has been used but it's difficult to take it into every game.

Under Bowyer we had it once every 6 games, under TM last season we had it quite often first half of the season but once it stopped it rarely appeared again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d say does it suit the skill set of our existing players ? If it doesn’t he better bring some new players in that are up for it.

Personally I would think JDT's opinion is more important than a players, in the future way we are going to play.    

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think that's style suit this squad tbh and that including Dack. 

I'm a big fan of Dack and the idea of a high pressing game but to say Dack is suited to said style is blatantly untrue. He's never shown any tendancy to do so, it's not been part of his game even before two very serious injuries, and he has never looked the fittest of players. All in all I cannot see a shred of evidence to back up said claim. 

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I'm a big fan of Dack and the idea of a high pressing game but to say Dack is suited to said style is blatantly untrue. He's never shown any tendancy to do so, it's not been part of his game even before two very serious injuries, and he has never looked the fittest of players. All in all I cannot see a shred of evidence to back up said claim. 

Bloody hell this isn't a court room you can just speak normally

• Like 4