BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

4 hours ago, DE. said:

With Rovers, Mowbray proved he could lead a club to solid mid-to-upper table finishes in the Championship with a relatively small budget (albeit not having to sell players regularly) and even have the club flirting with playoff positions. He could never get us beyond that point though. It'll be interesting to see if he's given time at Sunderland to show he can go beyond that. 

He'll have to. There's no long journeys with Sunderland fans. Rovers fans are meek compared to the mackems.  Mowbray took us for a ride with his journey bullshit. I know that sounds weird.  He knows at Sunderland his head will be on the block. That's probably why he has them in playoff contention unlike at rovers where it took him 5 years 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He'll have to. There's no long journeys with sunder fans. Rovers fans are meek compared to the mackems.  Mowbray took us for a ride with his journey bullshit. I know that sounds weird.  He knows at Sunderland his head will be on the block. That's probably why he has them in playoff contention unlike at rovers where it took him 5 years 

That's exactly what it is. He was under zero pressure here. He could plod away to his heart's content and never have to answer to anyone for total failure year after year. That's why I will always label him as a dolloper.

JDT has done very well given we have no proper midfield or any decent strikers. Especially when you take into account that the club deliberately sabotaged any attempt to get some of these players in.

There is a long way to go before he can be classed as a top manager, too many game thrown away with bullshit tactics and far too many games where we didn't turn up at all. Those results are costing us dearly right now.

All in all he is still the best manager we've had since we were inflicted with the venkys virus, which shows the damage that it has caused.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So he purposely didnt get into the play offs just to coast, rather than it being down to not quite being up to it?

50/50

I don't think he's up to it fully but without any pressure applied he didn't need to be.

He found his comfort zone and stayed in it. He was never challenged by anyone and he never challenged himself. Dolloper.

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

What Mowbray inherited at Sunderland seems to be a pool of young talented forward players and that is paying dividends for him. 

For the most part you'll read the same comments from Sunderland fans as there was here, yet hes only been there 5 mins, however they've just hit a bit of form at the right time.   Something that never happened at Ewood under him but i'd suggest up there he's being pushed/pushing himself a little bit harder.

He doesn't have free reign over the place he's under a DoF and has 30k fans scrutinising him not 12k so easy street isn't an option.

Added to that he is a solid very experienced manager at this level and probably would've had us in the play offs last season if he'd been able to sign a striker ( if he wanted one) and applied a little more urgency. So it's no real surprise he might have them finishing up there.

It's somebody else's squad not one he's been holding back for years.

And he can go home and see his family every night 🙄

• Like 2

Mowbray landed on his feet at Sunderland with a club with everything in place despite languishing in a lower league for a few seasons.

At Ewood he walked into a lunatic asylum and we will forever be in his debt gor restoring us to a football club.

JDT is different class again and if he stays for any length of time I am sure we will see the benefit.

The contrast between the two as managers will be as great as the contrast between them in playing achievement. 

• Like 3

Managers can only do so much. If Hedges hadn't had an unbelievable brain fart with a few seconds to go we'd have been hailing a great victory.

If Hedges had done just about anything else but what he did we would have won.

Find it hard to forgive that one. Bloody clueless.

• Like 5

Bizarre from him considering whenever he gets it on the right he cuts to his left and shoots, then when it's on his left foot bearing down on goal unchallenged......

Not lumping it all on him though theres been too much of that the fact is there was ample opportunity to intercept or clear it. Acres to run into maybe not helped by the tactical change and Wharton totally fluffed his lines then Hyam suffered a cruel once  in several seasons wicked deflection.

A combination of factors and brain farts all round.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I know it’s ridiculous. All it takes is a lot of practice. You can work on two footedness on your own if need be. All you need is a ball and a wall.

Like a certain Norwegian winger we once had!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I know it’s ridiculous. All it takes is a lot of practice. You can work on two footedness on your own if need be. All you need is a ball and a wall.

Too true, like Bobby Charlton. 

I’ve always thought that a professional footballer who can’t use both feet is like employing a painter and decorator who can paint but not hang wallpaper. 

Edited by Ianrally

4 hours ago, Ianrally said:

Too true, like Bobby Charlton. 

I’ve always thought that a professional footballer who can’t use both feet is like employing a painter and decorator who can paint but not hang wallpaper. 

I ran the ball most of the time with my dominant right foot but when it came to shooting, crossing, passing I used either without hesitation. I could take a corner with either foot off either wing and land the ball in the danger area. In swinger or out swinger. Lots of nights spent under the street lights.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I ran the ball most of the time with my dominant right foot but when it came to shooting, crossing, passing I used either without hesitation. I could take a corner with either foot off either wing and land the ball in the danger area. In swinger or out swinger. Lots of nights spent under the street lights.

I think I read that your knees have gone (sorry if I’m confusing you with someone else!) but I think I’d still put you on our bench.

Heck, I’d be half tempted to put you in the starting eleven…

Rewatching the melee at the end, nice to see JDT getting stuck in. I enjoy his passion and he's a winner, he might be calm and charismatic but I'd love to know what he's like behind the scenes. That comment about Hedges v PNE "I'd have put it in" - class.

Bankrupt Bellamy can feck right off an 'all, nice to see a security guard giving him some stick back too. 

JDT needs to drop mentioning the referees though, still going on about the Coventry equaliser, unless he's just taking the attention away from the players. Those incidents don't matter if we put the ball in the net. 

• Like 6