BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

I’d take Steve Gerrard  I am sure he wouldn’t consider his time at Villa as a success he will be dying to get back in a job and prove a few people wrong . I’ve also been impressed with the lad at Ipswich will be a few interested clubs seeing how he gets on in the championship this year . Ryan Mason is another one I would consider , he’s not going to get the Spurs job and reports are he’s desperate to get a management job 

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Oh, come on. It sounds so shallow and a symptom of a highly unsophisticated recruitment process-the sort that brought us Steve Kean, Owen Coyle, Henning Berg, Michael Appleton etc

It just sounds like someone getting a character reference. It happens all the time in football. 

I think if Nathan jones got the job he would have to get off to a flier. Nobody likes him so my concern would be he started slow . It wouldn’t take long for the fans to turn . I’d rather we looked elsewhere tbh. However if he got the job I’d back him

• Like 1

• Backroom

The problem for me isn't so much that they're asking MGP, more that they are so actively involved to begin with. I was hoping they had taken a back seat and were letting the people at Ewood get on with fixing their mess. By the sounds of it that isn't the case, which I am concerned by as I don't want them involved at all in the footballing side of things at the club. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, AJW said:

I’d take Steve Gerrard  I am sure he wouldn’t consider his time at Villa as a success he will be dying to get back in a job and prove a few people wrong . I’ve also been impressed with the lad at Ipswich will be a few interested clubs seeing how he gets on in the championship this year . Ryan Mason is another one I would consider , he’s not going to get the Spurs job and reports are he’s desperate to get a management job 

Might as well look at Frank Lampard if all we are doing is looking at ex Premier League players who have failed as managers.

Look at Villa post Gerrard when they put a qualified manager in place right after Steevy G left.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

As long as that manager isn't expected to play passing football. If he is the best candidate, then he would surely then pick the tactic he feels suits the squad we have plus a few additions. If he didn't think that was possession focused, for example if he thought that the current defenders aren't good enough on the ball to do that, then fine, that's the managers prerogative. 

Long way away as we don't know if Feyenoord will go for Tomasson or even if their manager will be poached, but if so, just go for the best choice and let him decide. A new manager may think we are better suited playing counter attacking football for example, whatever gets us the most points will do me

I have explained what my thinking would be if we need to replace JDT and what I would want the new head coach to do which is carry on the playing style and formation that JDT has played and developed this season. 

Yes we are long away from that at the minute cos we have numourous managers/head coaches being linked with Spurs like Rodgers, Glasner, Slot and Nagelsmann. Plus they have been turned down by Feyenoord Sporting Director for the Spurs Sporting Director. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Nathan Jones is an interesting name, possibly as good as we would likely be able to get, even if I hate him as a person, I would stomach it if he did well.

Not someone I would appoint ever here

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Unfortunately yes.  I broke my right leg twice within 9 months and it was in plaster for a long while. My right knee was a bit problematical after that. Over the years it’s just got worse.  I’ve got an appointment for injections in it next month when we get back from Spain. Let’s see how that goes.

🤞

• Like 1

Firstly let’s remember that this story is coming from a complete hack. Rarely gets anything right. Second JDT has done a decent job and will be a loss but we have a structure in place to find a replacement. The chicken fools can totally screw it up but GB will surely be in charge 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eire3382 said:

Firstly let’s remember that this story is coming from a complete hack. Rarely gets anything right. Second JDT has done a decent job and will be a loss but we have a structure in place to find a replacement. The chicken fools can totally screw it up but GB will surely be in charge 

i would`nt trust greg to find me ice in the arctic,then again we don`t have to worry jdt is going nowhere for the time being

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Gerrard's next job is a big one for him. Failure will likely see him on the scrapheap but his work at Rangers shouldn't be dismissed. Yes, it's the SPL and he was the manager of one of only 2 clubs that ever win it but win it he did.

Hindsight is obviously a wonderful thing but probably jumped into a premier League job too soon. 

A move to an ambitious championship should be where he is looking and only needs to look at his mate Lampard to see how badly it can go if you keep believing your own hype and not doing the hard yards in the lower leagues for longer.

That said, I doubt he'd be on Rovers list of replacements for JDT if he left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Just to put an alternate slant on this story from Nixon....

Led to believe JDT and family have bought a house over here and his missus is opening a shop.....

Heard this today as well but didn’t post it. I doubt a 12-month lease on a shop in Whalley is enough to stop someone taking the Feyenoord job, mind. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have explained what my thinking would be if we need to replace JDT and what I would want the new head coach to do which is carry on the playing style and formation that JDT has played and developed this season. 

Yes we are long away from that at the minute cos we have numourous managers/head coaches being linked with Spurs like Rodgers, Glasner, Slot and Nagelsmann. Plus they have been turned down by Feyenoord Sporting Director for the Spurs Sporting Director. 

Not someone I would appoint ever here

Out of interest, why are you so against Jones? Don't like him as a person or don't rate him despite the job he did at Luton?

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, why are you so against Jones? Don't like him as a person or don't rate him despite the job he did at Luton?

don't like him personally, his antics on the touchline and not his style of play. 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

don't like him personally, his antics on the touchline and not his style of play. 

Many didn't like Alf Ramsey's style of play (wingless wonders) but we won the World Cup in 1966!!!

Most fans don't give a flying feck if we have 30%, 50%, 70% or 90% possession or complete 200, 400, 600 or 800 passes.  They just crave success and want to be in the Premier League.  Let's be blunt, some of JDT's football was boring and cr@p - don't talk about style - and it didn't deliver at the business end of the season with very poor results.

I would rather have a manager who wears his emotion on his sleeve rather than a morose Mowbray type who, IMO, at times, looked and behaved as though he didn't give a toss on the touchline / in the dug out.

If Jones could get us to the PL every single supporter should rejoice including yourself.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seems a bit of a petty reason to dismiss someone, as much as I dislike him as a person myself, I wouldn't say no if he was the best man for the job, but each to their own.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

Heard this today as well but didn’t post it. I doubt a 12-month lease on a shop in Whalley is enough to stop someone taking the Feyenoord job, mind. 

Absolutely - cost involved would be chicken shit to JDT.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt trust greg to find me ice in the arctic,then again we don`t have to worry jdt is going nowhere for the time being

But he did find us JDT in 6 days.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Even if he was backed in January and we had finished in the play offs this season, he isn't turning down Feyenoord to stay here.

That's not the point, we had an excellent chance of the automatics season. A decent striker and O'Brien and we'd have been challenging Sheffield Utd.

If he goes to Feyenoord that's any progress down the drain and I won't blame him at all. Totally on the idiots above that we didn't strike when the iron was hot.

And now with the egg confirming we haven't a pot to piss in we've got a fate worse than Coyle if he goes.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, J*B said:

No you're right on both parts though 👍