BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Might be an odd suggestion but I've heard Duffer is turning into a decent Manager over there in Ireland.  I'd offer him and Johnno it till end of season....can't think of anyone else

I wouldn’t want him to ruin a promising career 

• Like 7

Can't see him walking out and forgoing any compo, can't see us sacking him in order to avoid having to pay him said compo, it could be a game of relegation Russian roulette for the rest of the season based on how well or badly the few teams still currently below us do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't see him walking out and forgoing any compo, can't see us sacking him in order to avoid having to pay him said compo, it could be a game of relegation Russian roulette for the rest of the season based on how well or badly the few teams still currently below us do.

Agreed, and can't see the situation improving - we are only going one way.

We'll be like Reading soon, if not worse.

• Like 1

Just a hunch based on the summer...but it would not surprise me to see these clowns bring Lee Bowyer out of the wilderness in Montserrat to replace JDT.

His mate, "Woody", might also be looking to get back into management after spending time as an assistant at Boro.

The shortlist for JDT's replacement is going to be telling, imo.

I do not share the same belief as some that Broughton will find us a decent coach/manager.

• Like 1

I cant see JDT resigning. Compensation aside future potential employers will remember your last job the most and to leave now will close  doors to him. Lambert resigned early enough to get away with it, JDT looks at the moment like a total incompetent. What decent club would touch him?

On the other hand I can see us sacking him. That we dont seem to be responding in any way to the huge amount of goals conceded must be concerning people across the club. Theyve now seen the financial impact of league one, so I can see changes happening if we cant turn it around in the next three games.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Pains me to say it but Sweden coming in and paying up his contract might be the best thing all round.

If he goes though Waggot and the assorted cretins in the shadows need finally rooting out as well. Otherwise the next one will be hung out to dry, whilst they pocket about half a mill per year between them for doing nothing but degrading the club.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Pains me to say it but Sweden coming in and paying up his contract might be the best thing all round.

If he goes though Waggot and the assorted cretins in the shadows need finally rooting out as well. Otherwise the next one will be hung out to dry, whilst they pocket about half a mill per year between them for doing nothing but degrading the club.

Here here.

Allow a manager to come in and clear out the coaching staff too.

• Like 1

New manager?
Checklist:-

Who is dirt cheap?
Who is desperate?
Who is willing to work with no budget?
Who is willing to bring in none of his own staff and keep present coaches/off-field set up etc?
Who hasn’t heard of the Venky reputation?
Will the numpties pay compensation anyway?

Venky easy option:-
Make it simple and promote from inside

JDT would be a good international coach.

It's all the hallmarks of the Lambert scenario this has.

New set up big ideas big promises then just pull the rug and start getting rid of the main assets and earners. I'm pretty certain if JDT had a release clause he'd have activated it by now.

We know what followed that !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's all the hallmarks of the Lambert scenario this has.

New set up big ideas big promises then just pull the rug and start getting rid of the main assets and earners. I'm pretty certain if JDT had a release clause he'd have activated it by now.

We know what followed that !

Surely he can get another job relatively easily.

I'd applaud him for resigning - this club has absolutely no ambition.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Youd imagine Sweden would be thinking "we need a manager who can galvanise a team and get then organised, competitive and solid against superior opposition "

Can't imagine JDT ticks many boxes 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Boss Jon Dahl Tomasson told BBC Radio Lancashire that he does not blame his players for mistakes after the defeat.

"Don't blame the players for individual mistakes, give the coach the blame," he said.

"If you look at the whole game we were just as good as West Brom but games are won in each box, by winning personal duels and are you smelling danger and scoring goals? That's football.

"November was a good month for Rovers, December was not a good month, a period when there were too many games for a stretched squad."

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Boss Jon Dahl Tomasson told BBC Radio Lancashire that he does not blame his players for mistakes after the defeat.

"Don't blame the players for individual mistakes, give the coach the blame," he said.

"If you look at the whole game we were just as good as West Brom but games are won in each box, by winning personal duels and are you smelling danger and scoring goals? That's football.

"November was a good month for Rovers, December was not a good month, a period when there were too many games for a stretched squad."

We’re feeling sorry for our selves as a team. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, aletheia said:

New manager?
Checklist:-

Who is dirt cheap?
Who is desperate?
Who is willing to work with no budget?
Who is willing to bring in none of his own staff and keep present coaches/off-field set up etc?
Who hasn’t heard of the Venky reputation?
Will the numpties pay compensation anyway?

Venky easy option:-
Make it simple and promote from inside

JDT would be a good international coach.

Who is out of work and has a mortgage to pay and food to buy ?