BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

I don't have a problem with the fans going personally, if you get the chance to call waggot a prick to his face, take it but it's this secrecy bit that baffles me, what do they owe waggot to keep his secrets for him? If he's announced the sacking of the manager before due process has been followed (or something else), leak it and expose him for the unprofessional dick he is. 

Fucking hell Dom it’s a madness. It’s completely unprofessional from everybody involved

What are the Rovers Trust doing? They are supposed to be our professional body holding the club to account. How have they done that tonight? 
I would have walked out. As soon as the players started talking about how the atmosphere and lack of fans is affecting them I’d have respectfully left. The whole dissatisfaction with the club is shown by the lack of fans in the ground. And the conman who is overseeing it all, who has produced the biggest price rises in a  generation, is sat in the room 

The other day they had a family fun zone where kids kicked a ball into a bin. There were memes comparing the club to Phoenix Nights.

It’s a fucking joke.

Now I know there was no agenda beforehand I have some sympathy for those who went. Why you didn’t walk out when you realised JDT wasn’t there is beyond me. I couldn’t have done it. A senior council of players, the CEO and the PR man basically telling me boos are hurting their feelings? This is not what our issues are. 
Our problems lie in the fact we have been a discarded and poorly run club for over a decade. The place is a forgotten cupboard with more than its fair share of skeletons

It is an incredible oversight from us as a fan base to have put this out in the way it has been. This whole secrecy thing is the cherry for me. It does not feel right. At the same time I couldn’t give a toss. I think the damage is done. The protests will be stopped in their tracks. Waggot has played his fiddle, and he’s got a tune out of it this time 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think it was one of the better known local journos who mentioned the body language of a lot of players and those in the tech area right from the off as 'just not looking right'.

What does that say ?  Fans pick up on this stuff pretty quickly and that i'm afraid is down to players themselves and coaching staff.

I totally agree, body language is massive, it's why struggling teams start "doing a huddle" before kick-off - it's a two-way street with players and fans. Football is about hope, we've come from behind once to win in 2 seasons under JDT, I can't remember the similar stat during Mowbray's reign off the top of my head, we have little hope in the bank, the fans know what to expect and it's that grinding inevitably that stops us getting off our seats, we know what's going to happen.

Yet, the paradox is, this team has real elements that I love, some of the moments we've experienced have been the best in years (and some of the worst), and that's what is messing with everyone's heads. 

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Do better? Since when have venkys appointed any decent managers apart from jdt himself? Do u really think their next appointment will be up to scratch?

Mowbray was a very good appointment. He just ran his course.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Ultimately I decided to go so that I could say my piece and I feel like I did do. Between me and Glen we made it abundantly clear what the problems at this club were and who is at fault… in our opinion, of course. 

Don't blame you for going as you didn't know what was transpiring  but ultimately the only effect of the meeting as far as I can see it is that the fans will now view the players (with some justification) as a bunch of slapped arses and the players having been told some home truths about the ownership will be even more demoralised than they were before and wondering how they've ended up here at such a dysfunctional Club.

And that's before you take into account they don't even know whether or not the Coach is going to walk out in disgust.

If Waggott was hoping this meeting would provide a bridge with the fans and have some sort of galvanising effect he's even more stupid than he appears. If he was hoping to drive a further wedge between players and fans, this should do it perfectly.

Did anyone have the courage ( despite all the other problems you listed) to stand up and say the players were being a bit precious complaining about the atmosphere when we were losing match after match after match?

• Like 2

If as suspected the bits where attendees swore to secrecy were concerning JDT's as-yet-unannounced departure, or the McGuire transfer fiasco, I presume the reason for the need for secrecy would be to protect the club from legal action (in the case of JDT) & to protect the McGuire transfer appeal.

I may be wrong, but that would be an entirely valid reason for a cloak of secrecy at the present time, & not something to level at the fans who attended as being in cahoots with Waggott or somehow lured into his trap. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

This is a move right out of the Steve Kean playbook from the bastard that is Waggott. There's a reason why he is the CEO here. Don't fall for the 'Mowbray recommended him' tosh.

A divide and conquer move whereby, once again, the press and everybody else is going to paint Rovers fans as being the bad guys. Exactly as it was in the Kean days. The FB/twitter brigade and all who blame fellow Rovers for our troubles will lap this up.

The devious tossers behind this meeting knew exactly what they were doing. A ploy to take the heat off the owners and any resulting infighting amongst the fans, which is inevitable, is just an unfortunate coincidence.

IMO, that clip of the meeting has been deliberately leaked and will be spun by the press, bots and plants to make it look like the "poor Rovers players had to reason with angry Rovers fans".

This has been the enemy's strategy from day one. Make the fans look like the villains and everybody else inside the club the poor victims.

As for the players that attended, they can all get stuffed!! I have zero respect left for them. They are lucky to be at this club at all and aren't a patch on real Rovers players that we have witnessed.

Dom Hyam sitting there complaining about the atmosphere? How about you show some bollocks and stop yourself from crumbling when the play offs are in sight? Bit of pressure's on and you're shushing the Blackburn End? Eff off, you aren't my captain or centre back!

I'm fuming with this shambles. If anybody was in any doubt as to what Waggott is about, this meeting should answer those doubts. This sits alongside any stunt that Steve Kean pulled.

It's important all of us see this deflection tactic for what it is and make sure we keep the heat on the enemy.

Waggott Out. Silvester Out. Venky's out.

I agree with most of this, but the players are just pawns. I wouldn't blame them, they are being used by a sneaky chancer. A bit soft sure, but we already knew that with the way they crumble after conceding a goal, have a player go off injured or haven't scored within the first fifteen minutes.

• Like 2

Just now, Pedro said:

Yes you can. Have a look back through the results from last January...it's his job to pick the team, coach the team, drive the team on...surely he is culpable for the horrendous run of results, abject performances, cock-ups, missed opportunities etc?

If you genuinely it is all JDT's fault that  'As we stand, since 2001, we haven't been in a promotion position for the league that matters' then you are crackers.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Atko's Engine said:

If as suspected the bits where attendees swore to secrecy were concerning JDT's as-yet-unannounced departure, or the McGuire transfer fiasco, I presume the reason for the need for secrecy would be to protect the club from legal action (in the case of JDT) & to protect the McGuire transfer appeal.

I may be wrong, but that would be an entirely valid reason for a cloak of secrecy at the present time, & not something to level at the fans who attended as being in cahoots with Waggott or somehow lured into his trap. 

Absolutely, no one should jump on the reasons for secrecy just yet, it's obvious it's about JDT and the McGuire deal. 

Did they have to sign an NDA though? 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

I totally agree, body language is massive, it's why struggling teams start "doing a huddle" before kick-off - it's a two-way street with players and fans. Football is about hope, we've come from behind once to win in 2 seasons under JDT, I can't remember the similar stat during Mowbray's reign off the top of my head, we have little hope in the bank, the fans know what to expect and it's that grinding inevitably that stops us getting off our seats, we know what's going to happen.

Which I believe was the Millwall match last season where the pressure was effectively off as at that point we only had a slim chance of getting into the playoffs. The same thing we saw under Mowbray - comfortable as underdogs, uncomfortable when there are any expectations. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You are good at scraping the positives...whereas I see the negatives and failures.  I don't want to clog up the feed debating it but I do value your opinion. I am glad he is going because I have been certain for weeks that what is unfolding was always coming. 

We can do better than him and one win in eleven is pitiful when you have a guy with twenty-odd goals.

Sort the defending, we stay up. If we don't, down we'll go.

Weirdly come full circle and agree to agree here.  If the rumours are true around the refusing to allow him to resign, the performances of last few weeks is evidence as you say.  Also agree on the defending piece.  

Just now, DE. said:

Which I believe was the Millwall match last season where the pressure was effectively off as at that point we only had a slim chance of getting into the playoffs. The same thing we saw under Mowbray - comfortable as underdogs, uncomfortable when there are any expectations. 

100%, which is an attitude that only bleeds down from the top, happens everywhere in business. And why teams with small budgets too like Luton, and Brighton etc are in the Prem and we're not. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Fucking hell Dom it’s a madness. It’s completely unprofessional from everybody involved

What are the Rovers Trust doing? They are supposed to be our professional body holding the club to account. How have they done that tonight? 
I would have walked out. As soon as the players started talking about how the atmosphere and lack of fans is affecting them I’d have respectfully left. The whole dissatisfaction with the club is shown by the lack of fans in the ground. And the conman who is overseeing it all, who has produced the biggest price rises in a  generation, is sat in the room 

The other day they had a family fun zone where kids kicked a ball into a bin. There were memes comparing the club to Phoenix Nights.

It’s a fucking joke.

Now I know there was no agenda beforehand I have some sympathy for those who went. Why you didn’t walk out when you realised JDT wasn’t there is beyond me. I couldn’t have done it. A senior council of players, the CEO and the PR man basically telling me boos are hurting their feelings? This is not what our issues are. 
Our problems lie in the fact we have been a discarded and poorly run club for over a decade. The place is a forgotten cupboard with more than its fair share of skeletons

It is an incredible oversight from us as a fan base to have put this out in the way it has been. This whole secrecy thing is the cherry for me. It does not feel right. At the same time I couldn’t give a toss. I think the damage is done. The protests will be stopped in their tracks. Waggot has played his fiddle, and he’s got a tune out of it this time 

I almost posted about the wheelie bins a bit earlier but for anyone who's not seen it

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2024/02/07/blackburn-rovers-fans-fume-over-event-labelled-a-disgrace/

19 minutes ago, Pedro said:

He led us to more failure and it blows my mind why there is so much love for a manager who is almost incapable of getting points from anything but a winning position.  Only we could have messed up that last season and it followed suit from the previous couple of seasons. Nearly men who bottled it.

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That blows my mind.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Millwall this season too

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

He was bang average at best. And that's being kind. He relegated us despite having plenty of time to keep us up. Got promotion with probably the most expensive squad in league 1. Then had us treading water claiming we had no right to anything better. Tactics were woeful.  Patronised the fan base. The only thing he did right was player purchases but the club allowed players to run down their contracts

• Like 1

Going back to JDT - it sort of pales into insignificance a bit given the Club's entire future is on the line and the head coach may be about to walk out - but we still have the little matter to attend to of winning enough points this season to stay up.

The players can't be expected to perform to their full potential if they don't know if the Coach is fully committed or if he's staying or going. Either we need to know whether he's staying until end of season at least or going and being replaced and that needs to be done and dusted before the next match.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Mowbray took us down to League 1 and never finished as high in 6 seasons as JDT did in 1. That despite him having a lot more funds at his disposal.

Mowbray's reign was needed at the time but quickly become totally stagnant and a comfortable and easy ride for all involved, coupled with some of the worst contract negotiations we've seen, which we are now bearing the full repercussions of. I would pay good money to find out what was said at half time in that home game against Derby when he started with Johnson up front.

Please, if there is a god, I want JDT in charge with Bowyer's squad (with a better defence) and John Williams sat in the expensive seats please. 

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, phili said:

Have you forgotten Mowbrays runs which were much worse than this. 

He just couldn't mould our kids since December. I am not sure what you expect, we have no experience through out the side, no fight and no forwards. Mowbray was always allowed to sign experience, the season we just haven't been able to sign that due to budget cuts.

No, JDT's run is worse but both managers have had multiple crap runs of results.  But that make me think that we (the fans) are part of the problem. Being so abject and accepting of such low standards. 

Those of us who still bother going barely make a peep at the utter dross that has been served up at Ewood this season.  I've lost count of the defeats at home. I've lost count of the goals conceded. I know when we face relegation fodder, we make the look like world beaters and I have NEVER seen such abolutely dogshit defending in forty-odd years of going to Ewood.  Apparently, we now have players who can't cope with a few boos in the midst of a run of 1 win in 11. How weak-minded can they be?  

Genuine question - at what point does JDT shoulder any of the blame for that (to some of you on here)?  

Edited by Pedro
  • Like 1