BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

17 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/tomasson-contract-venkys-blackburn-rovers-27678684

Will JDT extend his contract with us? What's his future - immediate and long-term-wise?

Of course, he was linked with moves away this summer and that never materialised. He told us in pre-season he had turned down offers to stay at the club. Then the India issues left him frustrated and he didn't bite his tongue either.

Well well well...

i think we are safe for this season,i can see him announcing he`s off at the end of the season though,unless venkys start running us properly(more chance of putin being given a nobel peace prize) there is no way jdt will want to carry on here,far to good a coach to want to work with idiots and incompetents

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think we are safe for this season,i can see him announcing he`s off at the end of the season though,unless venkys start running us properly(more chance of putin being given a nobel peace prize) there is no way jdt will want to carry on here,far to good a coach to want to work with idiots and incompetents

Yeh I agree..

I was just surprised by the comment that he was offered a new deal and he chose to publicly say he rejected it. Very transparent 

12 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Yeh I agree..

I was just surprised by the comment that he was offered a new deal and he chose to publicly say he rejected it. Very transparent 

I think you have read it wrong.

It means he has turned down offers from elsewhere, to stay at Rovers.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Asked about the 3 million offer from John Buckley he said an offer didn’t come in from his understanding FOR WHAT THATS WORTH. 

Sounds  like he’s being kept in the dark to me and isn’t happy with how things are being ran behind the scenes

Edited by Oldgregg86

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Asked about the 3 million offer from John Buckley he said an offer didn’t come in from his understanding FOR WHAT THATS WORTH. 

Sounds  like he’s being kept in the dark to me and isn’t happy with how things are being ran behind the scenes

The person answering the questions is the reporter, not JDT - so the reporter not knowing for certain isn't a massive surprise, to be fair.

Regarding JDT's contract situation, I was told that there was some discussion about a new one a number of weeks ago - but if it happened, it would have been easier for either party to walk away.

No idea if it's live / dropped / etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

JDT is burning with ambition, no comparison to TM.

I'm sure the Sunderland manager was too when he arrived, but Venkys tend to knock that out of you after while, as we're currently witnessing with JDT.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'm sure the Sunderland manager was too when he arrived, but Venkys tend to knock that out of you after while, as we're currently witnessing with JDT.

No he really wasn't his job was stay up, get promoted then 100% feet up cup of tea and settle in for the midtable journey.

There are a lot of things to be grateful to TM for in the first two years but he was never burning with anything. 

44 minutes ago, Gav said:

Mowbray had been sacked by league one Coventry who were rooted to the bottom of the table when he departed and was overlooked for a league one job prior to coming here

JDT came on the back of winning 2 league titles and guiding Malmö to the group stages of the champions league knocking Rangers out along the way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Mowbray had been sacked by league one Coventry who were rooted to the bottom of the table when he departed and was overlooked for a league one job prior to coming here

JDT came on the back of winning 2 league titles and guiding Malmö to the group stages of the champions league knocking Rangers out along the way.

You couldn't get two more different guys or coaches although JDT is a lot younger to be fair and also less weary.

Only time will tell who turns out the best i hope we get to find out and i hope Mowbray doesn't get sacked in summer and the supertanker doesn't come to pinch this one.

Would love to see what he could've done with TMs budgets and fees of 5 and 6 million !

• Like 3

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Great to see JDT in such an upbeat mood in his Rovers TV interview ahead of the Boro game! 

"We only got two, I would rather have kept Buckley in the building as well. In my understanding, if Buckley and Jack Vale went away there would be a third option coming in as well. Why this third option didn’t happen, I don’t know. We all know it has been a difficult and very unclear situation for the club and if you talk about finances, we are probably in the relegation zone.”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23793224.tomasson-doubles-rovers-deadline-day-stance/

Agreed.. his rovers TV interview was lovely. However his interview published in LT above seems interesting. Any ideas where we can hear the full interview? Would like to know what he said with out all the LT edits and comments.  He's clearly talking about the lack in transfers again which is important to show his dissatisfaction with the "party line" despite what GB claims 

9 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no,i think it will be announced in march that a "mutual termination" has been agreed,can`t blame him either

No chance they'll pay him off no chance whatsoever just look at the Mowbray situation.

Unless he has something stipulated in his contract then he'll have to walk or get another club to come to an agreement with Rovers.

Considering he moved his family over here, has settled in the Whalley area and has even got local school places for his boys, it’s hard to imagine that he’s battering the door down to leave.

He will go if/when he receives a much better offer - no difference to any of us in our own careers.

But I can’t see him leaving any time in the immediate future.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 5