BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

John Eustace for me.

He'd be excellent. JDT has been poor this season imo so I'm not too disappointed that he's going.

The circumstances around why he's going and the general state of the club is very worrying though.

The rumours don’t sound right. Managers who know they are going don’t normally hang on for one more game. They walk away and don’t look back. Let’s see but I’d be surprised if he left after the QPR game

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I don't understand why he would take the game and then leave 

Surely you just leave

We'll if it's the choice between resigning on the spot and forgoing your severance pay, or going through one last match, saying goodbye to the fans and getting your money, it seems like an easy choice. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

He'd be excellent. JDT has been poor this season imo so I'm not too disappointed that he's going.

The circumstances around why he's going and the general state of the club is very worrying though.

It's just a rumour he isn't gone yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

He would but like @islander200 said we would need to offer a lot for him to come…Eustace is waiting in the wings for the likes of Leeds, Ipswich, West Brom etc 

If JDT goes, he goes. Coaches / managers come and go in football. It is what it is

I think he's a good manager and with the right resources he will manage at very good levels. He isn't irreplaceable though. As Mowbray shows - there's always somebody else waiting

Our worries won't begin or end with JDT. They are squarely with the owners. They are the ones who need to go for us to turn a new leaf

• Like 6

3 hours ago, booth said:

I'm baffled. How anyone can think the owners are brilliant?

Maybe people who are too young to remember those days could think this is how a club should be ran, but I'm seeing older people defending them.

I find it's the older generation who seem to be pro-Venky's, certainly via social media.

Maybe they believe everything they read online, like the flat-earthers or those who think Bill Gates was secretly popping microchips into our arms, so he could see how many times we nip t'Asda in a week.

Anyway, hopefully Tommy is right and it's something and nothing.
Losing the best manager we've had since Big Sam would not improve the current situation in the slightest.

• Like 2

Absolutely not getting ahead of myself (, he lied) but if I were to be:

How many times have you just left a job, on the spot? I get that football is generally different, but on the eve of a game is a bit extreme and if it’s a genuinely mutual decision, he could be mindful of leaving a squad without a bit of guidance for an important match (it’s important in its context). He can wave to the fans on the way off and nobody can criticise him for a moment. It’s a classy move, honestly.

I am reluctant to commit to any particular line of thinking after the abject chaos of yesterday, but the kind of scenario that should seem unthinkable anywhere else is now par for the Ewood/Brockhall course.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He would but like @islander200 said we would need to offer a lot for him to come…Eustace is waiting in the wings for the likes of Leeds, Ipswich, West Brom etc 

He’d be waiting a while I reckon. 60 games as manager with a 33% win percentage? How’s he in line for jobs like that?

I’d be happy with taking a punt on (and could see the logic from “the model” point of view) someone like Lee Carsley.

But truthfully, our reputation and finances are in the shit. If JDT walks it’s going to be painful and we could end up with absolutely anyone.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

I find it's the older generation who seem to be pro-Venky's, certainly via social media.

‘Too many spoilt by Jack Walker’ is often their refrain.

Like having standards for Blackburn Rovers and wanting to uphold his legacy is some sort of negative trait.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, SBlue said:

He’d be waiting a while I reckon. 60 games as manager with a 33% win percentage? How’s he in line for jobs like that?

I’d be happy with taking a punt on (and could see the logic from “the model” point of view) someone like Lee Carsley.

But truthfully, our reputation and finances are in the shit. If JDT walks it’s going to be painful and we could end up with absolutely anyone.

The model has never and will never exist with these owners. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah but if we can just pretend for long enough to get him through the door… like we did with Jon!

7 minutes ago, SBlue said:

I rate Lee Carsley as a shout, but he must be eyeing up the main England job after Southgate leaves. Their policy seems to be keeping it internal.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Indeed so. It's like asking someone to paint you a masterpiece and then providing them with crayons and toilet paper. You can say that's what you want, but if you don't provide the resources then it doesn't matter. JDT did a great job last season trying to implement what was asked of him with a squad that was not really suited for it, but since then he's had less and less to work with. At some point it just becomes an impossible ask. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's just a rumour he isn't gone yet.

A club doesn't ban their Head Coach from speaking to the media unless that person is on their way out. It will be announced pretty quickly after the game I would imagine.

The defensive record has been shocking and the results have been incredibly poor this season so he's been lucky not to have been potted earlier. Still, I dread to think who we appoint next. They'll be a puppet.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Mark Robins would be my preference, but like any other decent option probably doesn't want to work in a mental asylum 

With all due respect, we’ve as much chance of convincing Klopp to do a Dalglish.

• Like 2

If Tomasson does go I hope Broughton goes with him. I don’t like the dual role model and would prefer a traditional manager in charge of player recruitment and the team. Broughton as far as I can see has added little extra value in the players he’s recruited, one or two good ones but plenty of duds too. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2