BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

12 minutes ago, GHR said:

Fuck what Sky Sports and whatever any other media outlet think, the only thing they care about is there being enough drama for the entire sport to resemble an episode of Corrie. Fuck the state those cunts have presided the game in this country descending into. I would wear their disdain of us as a badge of honour.

(Before anyone asks, I never have and will never subscribe to any of those mob and their packages.)

Exactly, it's all media driven. 

Moyes didn't help either, I'm always happy when his teams are getting dicked.

• Like 2

I was once in a pub one afternoon in Liverpool near the southern docks full of Everton fans. It was 10th September 2011 (it was a special occasion so I remember the date). They found out I was a rovers fan and all they could talk about was how unjust it was to be protesting so personally against Steve Kean when, after all, we were a lower league club who basically “don’t belong” in the Premier League and it’s not Keans fault it looks like we are going to naturally return to our level. And that wasn’t one or two, it was the whole lot of them.

I hope they keep Fat Frank and go down the arrogant swines.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

I was once in a pub one afternoon in Liverpool near the southern docks full of Everton fans. It was 10th September 2011 (it was a special occasion so I remember the date). They found out I was a rovers fan and all they could talk about was how unjust it was to be protesting so personally against Steve Kean when, after all, we were a lower league club who basically “don’t belong” in the Premier League and it’s not Keans fault it looks like we are going to naturally return to our level. And that wasn’t one or two, it was the whole lot of them.

Karma is a Bitch eh!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

I'll never forget when we played them in the Charity Shield as champions - Hendry and Berg were injured so the defence didn't look great and Sutton was at CB. We ended up getting beat 1-0 and Everton won the shield. The last time Everton lifted a trophy.

On the way back our bus driver took a wrong turn and took us to a services filled with Everton fans. What a nasty bunch, you wouldn't think they'd just won. All had a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. Swearing at us, unprovoked, as we were buying food. I saw people being shoved. And that was just the women and children.

I remember a woman with two angry little kids swearing at us as I was picking my items off the counter. I found it hilarious how tribal they were. Imagine if they'd lost!

It must be living in Liverpool's shadow for so long that's sent them bitter and twisted. Always been an odd bunch.

Everton are in quite the pickle. Surely surely surely this is fat frank’s last job in management. Didn’t deserve the derby job and only to them to the exact poison finished the season before under Rowett. Certainly didn’t deserve the chelski job and flopped. Didn’t deserve the Everton job and he’s still underperforming. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Everton are in quite the pickle. Surely surely surely this is fat frank’s last job in management. Didn’t deserve the derby job and only to them to the exact poison finished the season before under Rowett. Certainly didn’t deserve the chelski job and flopped. Didn’t deserve the Everton job and he’s still underperforming. 

His teams have always conceded too many goals, always going to be a struggle.

Can't imagine he'll get another premier league job anytime soon but there is always someone out there in football that will give him a job if he wants it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

His teams have always conceded too many goals, always going to be a struggle.

Can't imagine he'll get another premier league job anytime soon but there is always someone out there in football that will give him a job if he wants it.

Probably. He could even rock up at rovers. People would convince themselves that he’s got premier league experience, a championship play off under his belt and will have contacts at chelski for loans. Mowbray had his journey that failed. Jdt and his project will no doubt fail. I can’t wait for 2025 and fat Frank’s 4 year stratagem. 

• Like 1

I personally think Lampard is one of the entitled 'golden generation' of England players (who didn't deliver btw) who thinks football owes them a living. He is out of his depth and can't set teams up to get results. He'll get sacked for sure by Everton, go away for a couple of months and then reemerge somewhere new with a lucrative deal, fail and then repeat the process.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Would you now agree that he deserves to be potted or would you still stick blindly with him?

I wouldn't sack him myself but actually make 2 or 3 good January signings that will keep them up. Messing around sacking him right now is wasting time and Everton need signings in attacking areas not more mess and disruption to the club. Massive problem at the club in all areas of the club. 

After watching their game at West Ham last night on Sky Sports at 8.30pm, I felt that Lampard went too defensively with his starting 11 and I would have gone with attacking team with Gordon in the 10 role with Gray and McNeil Wide. Plus Holgate in centre midfield for Gueye. Plus Dropped Mina for Gordon and go 4-2-3-1. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

They are going down without a change. There is obviously all manner of issues at that club that won’t be sorted overnight. However, a first team manager change right now could be the one short term measure that does make a difference. Total no brainer at this juncture.

Good job you aren’t in charge of a business looking at an enormous drop in revenue whilst in the middle of building eye-wateringly expensive new infrastructure…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't sack him myself but actually make 2 or 3 good January signings that will keep them up. Messing around sacking him right now is wasting time and Everton need signings in attacking areas not more mess and disruption to the club. Massive problem at the club in all areas of the club. 

After watching their game at West Ham last night on Sky Sports at 8.30pm, I felt that Lampard went too defensively with his starting 11 and I would have gone with attacking team with Gordon in the 10 role with Gray and McNeil Wide. Plus Holgate in centre midfield for Gueye. Plus Dropped Mina for Gordon and go 4-2-3-1. 

I don't think they have the money for signings which is why they are trying to bring in players on loan. Clearly that limits the quality of the players they will be able to bring in. Right now you would think they and Bournemouth are the two most likely to be relegated but I agree with you that yet another change of manager is not the answer; the constant chopping and changing of managers is a large part of the reason why they are where they are.

11 hours ago, booth said:

I'll never forget when we played them in the Charity Shield as champions - Hendry and Berg were injured so the defence didn't look great and Sutton was at CB. We ended up getting beat 1-0 and Everton won the shield. The last time Everton lifted a trophy.

On the way back our bus driver took a wrong turn and took us to a services filled with Everton fans. What a nasty bunch, you wouldn't think they'd just won. All had a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. Swearing at us, unprovoked, as we were buying food. I saw people being shoved. And that was just the women and children.

I remember a woman with two angry little kids swearing at us as I was picking my items off the counter. I found it hilarious how tribal they were. Imagine if they'd lost!

It must be living in Liverpool's shadow for so long that's sent them bitter and twisted. Always been an odd bunch.

I went to that game. Had my ill fitting rovers top on. It was sweltering.  A day that I quickly forgot about.  I was probably on that coach. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

They'd be wasting time keeping him. His teams can't defend, they never have been able to. He's 'going defensive' because it's not working playing the way he wants to. If he goes back to that they'll still be shit.

For all the money they've spent, that squad isn't great. So it's not entirely his fault. But Everton could do a lot better than Lampard. Look at Eddie Howe, he's built a defence around Dan Burn and they've only conceded 11 all saeson - best defence in the league. Watching Dan Burn in the Championship I would never have guessed he would be the rock on which the best defence in the Premier league would be built. 

Lampard is out of his depth. 

Lampard surely is done. Mind you that was obvious to everyone. 

Struggled when he could get bring in better quality at Derby (and when could spend at Chelsea too) and hasn't improved a single teams position that he has had. 

And given Everton are broke he can't even bring in said qualify to bit make a difference. He and Everton are goosed. 

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't think they have the money for signings which is why they are trying to bring in players on loan. Clearly that limits the quality of the players they will be able to bring in. Right now you would think they and Bournemouth are the two most likely to be relegated but I agree with you that yet another change of manager is not the answer; the constant chopping and changing of managers is a large part of the reason why they are where they are.

They are lining a move for Sheff Utd forward Ndiaye from reports. Sheff Utd need money to remove their embargo. 

One of Everton's biggest problem is this constant change of manager season after season which has lead to problem of facing relegation and buying players season after season with no clear transfer plan or strategy from the owner or board which is another big problem there. 

I think its between 8 clubs who go down now. Wide open still and depending on who these clubs sign in the next 9 days