BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

A few Championship related musings:

1) Connor Wickham is signing for Cardiff. Now I don't really rate him, however he is a free agent and has a few goals at this level and a bit of physicality when fit. All in all that's a massive upgrade on Vale. Disappointed given our glaring need for a striker, we didn't go for him. 

2) Surprised Brum beat WBA tonight. Thought Albion were on a roll so a very impressive win. It works in our favour too, and shows that whilst we are determined to arse it up, that the championship will give you chance after chance to get it right. 

3) Smart move for Hudds getting rid of their boss. There's still a decent championship team in there. Not winning when ahead with a man advantage Vs a poor Blackpool team showed how much he was struggling. 

4) For all Swansea managers protestations of moving on and everything being fine after their own deadline day debacle I get the feeling it's not a happy camp and he'll be off soon, maybe at the end of the season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

A few Championship related musings:

1) Connor Wickham is signing for Cardiff. Now I don't really rate him, however he is a free agent and has a few goals at this level and a bit of physicality when fit. All in all that's a massive upgrade on Vale. Disappointed given our glaring need for a striker, we didn't go for him. 

2) Surprised Brum beat WBA tonight. Thought Albion were on a roll so a very impressive win. It works in our favour too, and shows that whilst we are determined to arse it up, that the championship will give you chance after chance to get it right. 

3) Smart move for Hudds getting rid of their boss. There's still a decent championship team in there. Not winning when ahead with a man advantage Vs a poor Blackpool team showed how much he was struggling. 

4) For all Swansea managers protestations of moving on and everything being fine after their own deadline day debacle I get the feeling it's not a happy camp and he'll be off soon, maybe at the end of the season. 

Big Club 32% possession, 4 shots on goal, 2 end up in the back of the net. WBA 68% possession, 1 shot on goal. Nada in the back of the net. Were you watching JDT ?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Wickham would be a really desperate signing, he isn't particularly good on the rare occasions that he is fit enough to play.

Is he better than Vale? Yes, every striker in the league is but Vale shouldn't be playing even amongst our limited options. Brereton, Dolan and Gallagher should be the 3 choices.

Yep he's a bit of a desperate signing but we are in a pretty desperate signing. I'd imagine he'd be pretty cheap and on a pay as you play deal a bit of physicality and someone to get on the end of Thomas's crosses could be just what we need. It's a very bargain basement signing but that's where we are at and he's a huge upgrade on Vale and gives us another option. Agree as to who our front 3 should be but even then, the 2 bigger names are misfiring so much we're crying out for another option. Would I recommend it if there was y'know a transfer window? No. But as there isn't I think he's the best of a poor situation. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Smart move for Hudds getting rid of their boss. There's still a decent championship team in there. Not winning when ahead with a man advantage Vs a poor Blackpool team showed how much he was struggling. 

Blackpool was the better team even with 10 men. Surprised Huddersfield didn't have someone line up but difficult to see who their appoint with them only offering a contract until end of this season. 

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Big Club 32% possession, 4 shots on goal, 2 end up in the back of the net. WBA 68% possession, 1 shot on goal. Nada in the back of the net. Were you watching JDT ?

Birmingham was defensive solid but WBA was lacking quality in their final third despite having quality attacking players

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've enjoyed watching Birmingham this season both live and on tv. I still think they were the best team to come to Ewood this season although we fortuitously beat them. I think their strength is in their aggression and intensity, something that we have lacked for long periods this season. Eustace, in his first managerial role has done an excellent job and has spent very little.

• Like 3

Feck it, let's just play the rest of he season like Sheff Utd against Wrexham - hungry, aggressive, counter-attacking and desperate to score.

Sack this tippy tippy keep possession bollix, which more often than not just sees us lose the ball and invite attacks. We don't have the right quality of players for that anyway. 

We can't be relegated at this point so time to try something different with the resources we've got. 

COJDT Blues!

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Feck it, let's just play the rest of he season like Sheff Utd against Wrexham - hungry, aggressive, counter-attacking and desperate to score.

Sack this tippy tippy keep possession bollix, which more often than not just sees us lose the ball and invite attacks. We don't have the right quality of players for that anyway. 

We can't be relegated at this point so time to try something different with the resources we've got. 

COJDT Blues!

Personally I would say to Diaz, sign for us now and you are in line to play. Don't sign for us and you won't play or train with the club.

Famed right winger, Ryan Giles, continues to make a name for himself at left back for Boro, who look destined for the play-offs. Carrick has got the players performing, with Lenihan a regular after a rocky start - and with Alex Mowatt and Isaiah Jones on the bench, their squad looks impressive, though, looks like they can't catch Sheff Utd.

Moreover, as we struggle to find a striker with a goal in them, Boro managed to get in Cameron Archer on loan from Villa. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Famed right winger, Ryan Giles, continues to make a name for himself at left back for Boro, who look destined for the play-offs. Carrick has got the players performing, with Lenihan a regular after a rocky start - and with Alex Mowatt and Isaiah Jones on the bench, their squad looks impressive, though, looks like they can't catch Sheff Utd.

Moreover, as we struggle to find a striker with a goal in them, Boro managed to get in Cameron Archer on loan from Villa. 

they have competent staff,we have chancers.idiots and general guttersnipe behind the scenes

• Like 2

I remember back in 2016 that people said we should avoid him because of his age and because he would only be around a short while before retiring.

He can't. He obviously loves it to keep coming back at that sort of age. Some relief on my part we aren't in that particular battle because my money is now on Huddersfield stopping up. Biggest worry is our match there in a few weeks.

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gives Hoyle time now to sell Huddersfield to the US investors interested in the club with Warnock in charge 

Another struggling, town Championship club attracting foreign investment?

Can't be true I keep getting told Venkys are the only show in town and that nobody would ever be interested in buying such clubs.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Can't be true I keep getting told Venkys are the only show in town and that nobody would ever be interested in buying such clubs.

If we were put up for sale there would be a lot of interested parties willing to buy us.

Our problem is that Venky's never sell their businesses but close them down when they lose interest or don't want to invest anymore in them. 

Sadly I think we are stuck with them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

These talks have been ongoings for number of months/a year now so lets see if it happens. 

I am sure they are plenty of people who want to buy us but plenty of us would be extremely concerned about any new potential owners until, we knew alot more about them and what their plans would be and what finances they have behind them  

Burnley v. Watford and Sheff Utd v. Boro play today and tomorrow.

Threadbare Rovers are still in the playoff hunt (it may be a different story in April) so I'd go for the home teams to win both games.

Burnley aren't getting caught, and I doubt Sheff Utd are either. 

Carrick has Boro playing like a promotion team though.