BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

Disagree.

Mowbray simply played into their hands by going narrow and trying to dribble through them presumably on the basis his midgets wouldn't win anything in the air.

Rovers have twice matched Luton this season by making the pitch big and running into space.

• Like 1

Sunderland falling to the fate I imagined we'd have in mid April. A tight close contest at home with either a narrow win or a draw, only to be out muscled and overawed at Kenilworth Road and comfortably beaten.

The playoffs are so brutal on any teams that 'sneak in' not since Blackpool in 2010 has a side finishing sixth been promoted to the Premier League, even then the difference between 6th and 3rd (Nottingham Forest) was 9 points as opposed to this years gap of 11 points.

Boro v Cov tonight. I like Robins as a manager but find it unfair how Coventry got into the play offs. They should have had points deducted, and after their keeper basketballed it into our net, stealing two crucial points, justice will be served if Boro win.

It’s such an odd governance to punish one team and two players for not getting their paperwork in on time, but less strict on a team for not having a ground to play on which affects many clubs. Either be strict with the rules or don’t.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I'm not sure they have a stadium for next season either. The agreement with that tosser Mike Ashley was to finish this season there, and therefore they need to negotiate with him again. That will be fun.

They reached a deal a few weeks ago:

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/news-coventry-city-and-frasers-group-plc-agree-new-five-year--licence-for-club-to-play-at-coventry-building-society-arena/

Edited by wilsdenrover

It's a shame for Robins who appears to be an excellent manager but with his own share of stupidity to deal with behind the scenes. Robins completely deserves it, but looking at the bigger picture, if we couldn't get O'Brien over the line then they shouldn't have had the points deduction suspended.

Maybe there's more to it than that but it just seems the EFL are as inconsistent as the match day officials they employ.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

It's a shame for Robins who appears to be an excellent manager but with his own share of stupidity to deal with behind the scenes. Robins completely deserves it, but looking at the bigger picture, if we couldn't get O'Brien over the line then they shouldn't have had the points deduction suspended.

Maybe there's more to it than that but it just seems the EFL are as inconsistent as the match day officials they employ.

How many clubs have been actually punished for breaching FFP apart from Rovers? 

9 minutes ago, booth said:

"Inconsistent" doesn't come close in describing the EFL and Referees

11 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

How many clubs have been actually punished for breaching FFP apart from Rovers? 

This may (or may not 😁) be of interest:

https://www.footballsite.co.uk/DYK/DYK29-PointsDeductions.htm

Brentford being awarded the win for Bolton being unable to fulfil their fixture is interesting (re Coventry’s ‘punishment’)

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

• Backroom
3 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Sunderland falling to the fate I imagined we'd have in mid April. A tight close contest at home with either a narrow win or a draw, only to be out muscled and overawed at Kenilworth Road and comfortably beaten.

The playoffs are so brutal on any teams that 'sneak in' not since Blackpool in 2010 has a side finishing sixth been promoted to the Premier League, even then the difference between 6th and 3rd (Nottingham Forest) was 9 points as opposed to this years gap of 11 points.

I mean, you can call it brutal but you could also argue it's more just reflecting the reality of the situation - that the team in 6th are not as good as any of the teams above them, so it's a slim chance they defeat two of those - one over the course of two legs - to get promoted. 

Watching Luton and Sunderland last night I also don't think we would have gotten past Luton. I don't think we could have coped with how they played in the second leg especially.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Disagree.

Mowbray simply played into their hands by going narrow and trying to dribble through them presumably on the basis his midgets wouldn't win anything in the air.

Rovers have twice matched Luton this season by making the pitch big and running into space.

Luton batted us aside fairly comfortably at their place.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, DE. said:

I mean, you can call it brutal but you could also argue it's more just reflecting the reality of the situation - that the team in 6th are not as good as any of the teams above them, so it's a slim chance they defeat two of those - one over the course of two legs - to get promoted. 

Watching Luton and Sunderland last night I also don't think we would have gotten past Luton. I don't think we could have coped with how they played in the second leg especially.

They’d have bullied us just they bullied Sunderland. Too many nice lads on our team and Sunderland’s and not enough bastards. Clarke, Diallo Geldhardt all shit their pants last night.

8 minutes ago, 47er said:

Understatement of the year!!

I was watching Pompey v Wolves Div 2 on the “ Heavy Roller “ site the other day. A lad I used to know, Vince Radcliffe, was playing for Pompey. Probably around 1967 or 68. 3-2 to Wolves. The game was just like last nights. The ball was consistently put into the opponents  half right away. Midfield players either defended or attacked. Not much play went through the middle. It was still exciting to watch with more goal mouth incidents in one game than we get in five games at the moment.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They’d have bullied us just they bullied Sunderland. Too many nice lads on our team and Sunderland’s and not enough bastards. Clarke, Diallo Geldhardt all shit their pants last night.

They didn't bully us at Ewood, what makes you think they've have bullied us at their place?

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Did you go to Kenilworth Road phil?,  because I did - and  we were never at the races from the first minute to the last

They won easily without really trying 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Rubbish. We got pasted at their place. They just overpowered us and closed us down easily. It was in the middle of our 'suicide' phase admittedly.

Go back and read the match thread reaction from the final whistle https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36343-v-luton-town-a-17922/page/16/

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Rubbish. We got pasted at their place. They just overpowered us and closed us down easily. It was in the middle of our 'suicide' phase admittedly.

Go back and read the match thread reaction from the final whistle https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36343-v-luton-town-a-17922/page/16/

Big mistake leaving Adam Wharton out

If our season had a tombstone, this would be the inscription.

• Like 1