BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I ain't missing out thanks. 

I sometimes watch German or Scottish football but Serie A isn't good now like 30 years ago. 

If you only listen to what Sky Sports and TalkSport are telling you then you'll believe that no other leagues are good. Give Serie A a go Chadster, it can be pretty chaotic but the atmosphere and fans are great and it's currently the best/most interesting it's been in a long time. Great managers too, e.g. you'd have known about De Zerbi years ago instead of months ago.

Back to the Championship, would rather Luton win the final I think.

Edited by frosty
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, booth said:

Annoying to see that wanker Wilson celebrating. Cheating bastard.

He is a wanker - pity we don't have one or two of those in our ranks to give us an edge.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, frosty said:

If you only listen to what Sky Sports and TalkSport are telling you then you'll believe that no other leagues are good. Give Serie A a go Chadster, it can be pretty chaotic but the atmosphere and fans are great and it's currently the best/most interesting it's been in a long time.

Back to the Championship, would rather Luton win the final I think.

Cant say im an avid watcher of any foreign league but seen a few Serie A games this season and there have been some very entertaining games. Napoli a joy to watch, as I thought were Inter in the first half of the Champions League semi final last week.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Did you go to Kenilworth Road phil?,  because I did - and  we were never at the races from the first minute to the last

They won easily without really trying 

We have never, ever won at Kenilworth Road. We were saving it for this year’s play offs but the Coventry keeper had other ideas 😡

3 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

So it's the footballing giants of Luton and Coventry gracing Wembley eh..

Hits home hard just how much we bolloxed matters up in the last few games.What a chance we squandered.

Yep. And I hope it makes it more impossible to scrub around the abject mismanagement of in the transfer window..

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, A Northern Horde... said:

So it's the footballing giants of Luton and Coventry gracing Wembley eh..

Hits home hard just how much we bolloxed matters up in the last few games.What a chance we squandered.

Yeah. It's a season long but for me the hand of wilson beat us. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DE. said:

One of Coventry or Luton on their way to the Premier League. Coventry who were in League Two six years ago, only been back in the Championship a couple of seasons and were in such dire financial straits at the start of the season that they sold us their best defender on the cheap just to get by. They've struggled recently to even find a stadium to play in. No wonder we can't compete, right? What chance does our club have against a powerhouse like that? And let's not point to Gyokeres - he was bought for something like £1m whilst we pissed a combined £12m up the wall on Brereton and Gallagher. Meanwhile Luton and their 10,000 seater stadium are in their second playoff campaign, having also been in League Two as of six years ago. Beyond our abilities to compete with them either, clearly.

In the meantime we haven't had a single playoff appearance in the 10+ years since we were relegated. Just on an endless "journey" to nowhere under a succession of nearly men. People championing this season where we finished 7th on 69 points as the most memorable ever season under Venky's, which says it all. 

No shade being thrown at Luton or Coventry here for the record, fair play to them for what they are achieving against the odds, amazing effort by both clubs - but give over with the excuses for Venky's, Mowbray and everyone else. Don't tell me we can't compete whilst Luton or Coventry are about to get promoted. The only reason we aren't competing like they are is because the club has been and continues to be owned by clueless fools and staffed with people at the top levels lacking any kind of drive or motivation. Excluding JDT from that for the record.

I hope I live long enough to see Venky's sell this club so that we have an actual chance to thrive again. I say that as someone in their mid-30s, but it genuinely feels like they're going to go on owning us for decades at this point. Never even a whisper of a remotely serious inclination to sell and finally end this dark chapter of Rovers' history. 

Good post. Sums up the frustration felt by many when we see clubs that were out of the Football Leaguer and/or on the brink of extinction a few short years ago get within reach of the promised land while we continue to languish under one continuing "project" after another and an Ewood management clearly lacking any vision or dynamism or basic ability to drive the club forward

Burnley and Sheff U are good team but overall the Championship has been weak this season and we could'should have been in the top 6 at least. A huge opportuinity missed

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cesus said:

Am I right in thinking the lad who scored the winner was the one taking those deadly corners against us? Can't half strike a ball!

Yep, Gustavo Hamer. Another who cost buttons and plucked from Dutch league.

Edited by Penwortham Blue
  • Like 1

I'm happy for Coventry and their long suffering fans. We've had it shite under Venky's but it's nothing compared to what they have gone through over the past 20 years. They've paid their dues and have got their 90 minute shot at a return to the big time, good luck to them in the final.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, philipl said:

Coventry v Luton

What a sickener

It is - no one to blame but ourselves because we fecked everything up so badly including the transfer window.

I think everyone at Rovers should hang their head in shame.

Robins and Edwards have done terrific jobs at those two clubs.  Their teams are well organised, hungry, physical and aggressive.  What's more they have bottle.  They are everything we aren't.

Rovers' position is indefensible.  Fed up of reading crap that we are punching above our weight, we can't compete financially - it's all sh1te.  We are almost a shambles from top to bottom and that's why we've fecked it up so badly this season.

There are no excuses.  It's just the simple truth of the matter.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It is - no one to blame but ourselves because we fecked everything up so badly including the transfer window.

I think everyone at Rovers should hang their head in shame.

Robins and Edwards have done terrific jobs at those two clubs.  Their teams are well organised, hungry, physical and aggressive.  What's more they have bottle.  They are everything we aren’t.

Rovers' position is indefensible.  Fed up of reading crap that we are punching above our weight, we can't compete financially - it's all sh1te.  We are almost a shambles from top to bottom and that's why we've fecked it up so badly this season

There are no excuses.  It's just the simple truth of the matter.

Coventry finished one point above us, clearly a very important point, but not the enormous gulf in quality your descriptions would suggest.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 3