BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

no surprised there. 

Rafa Benitez rumours with Leicester 

Cant see Leeds sacking Marsch. They are playing decent enough. Been plenty of rumours that Southampton are looking to replace Hassenlutti recently 

Dyche can be picky if he wants but I think he should seriously consider going for WBA job. Whether he gets it I don't know. I don't know who they want. Roy Keane was watching the WBA game against PNE, so he might want it. Scott Parker and Carlos Corberan will probably be in for it I guess

I'd give West Brom a wide berth. From what I've heard, they are skint and appear a bit of a basket case behind the scenes. But on the flip side, despite their lowly league position they haven't been as awful as the table suggests, suggesting there's a lot of scope for improvement. 

As for Parker, be interesting to see how he gets on. So far he's been a bit of a flat track bully; got two sides promoted who spent a fortune and were favourites, before struggling with the step up. 

Also can't see Leeds sacking Marsch anytime soon. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

I'd give West Brom a wide berth. From what I've heard, they are skint and appear a bit of a basket case behind the scenes. But on the flip side, despite their lowly league position they haven't been as awful as the table suggests, suggesting there's a lot of scope for improvement. 

As for Parker, be interesting to see how he gets on. So far he's been a bit of a flat track bully; got two sides promoted who spent a fortune and were favourites, before struggling with the step up. 

Also can't see Leeds sacking Marsch anytime soon. 

It's a tricky one. He might also be calculating that getting a job where we has i) a good squad, ii) resources to strengthen and iii) sensible people working above him all at once is going to be pretty unlikely, even with his track record.

He can't afford to be as choosy as his achievements deserve, and he could be looking at a squad including Jed Wallace and John Swift and be thinking he's a decent striker away from really kicking on. Equally, a bad six months and his hard earned reputation will take a serious knock. 

15 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

It's a tricky one. He might also be calculating that getting a job where we has i) a good squad, ii) resources to strengthen and iii) sensible people working above him all at once is going to be pretty unlikely, even with his track record.

He can't afford to be as choosy as his achievements deserve, and he could be looking at a squad including Jed Wallace and John Swift and be thinking he's a decent striker away from really kicking on. Equally, a bad six months and his hard earned reputation will take a serious knock. 

Good point. He will have a lot of goodwill there simply by not being Steve Bruce, and like you said it isn't a bad squad. Just not sure what would constitute success there! 

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He also can afford to be choosy, his reputation as a top manager is finite, he makes the wrong decision with his next job, I.e going to a Championship club on a downward spiral and that hard earned reputation quickly dissipates.

Not sure you can leave it too long.

Curbishley admits he turned down offers after he left West Ham, but then he didnt return quick enough and soon became forgotten and the offers stopped coming in.

8 hours ago, smiller14 said:

I don't know about them being skint, but I was reading an article on the athletic website which it was saying their recruitment process and policy was based on who Bruce and their CEO knew in the main which I think is a one of the problems there. They need a proper structure and recruitment structure in place. Their CEO need to bring in DoF, Head coach and given their head of recruitment Ian Pearce more of a role in recruitment, maybe even appoint him as DoF. 

West Brom should have stuck with Ishmael. He had them near (in?) the playoffs and was a striker and some finished chances away from getting it right. They weren't miles off. And had Dyke (the IS striker they got) not got injured when signed it could have been a different story. To me their problems were obvious but rectifiable under the old regime. Now there's a load more issues. 

On 12/10/2022 at 19:30, AllRoverAsia said:

EFL TV deal: League willing to consider scrapping Saturday TV blackout

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63226838

very bad idea from the EFL and will only damage stadium attendances and the EFL should be looking at ways to make games cheaper like a price cap of 25 pounds for away games or making prices for kids under 16's are a pound a game and 20 pounds for season tickets for them. 

On 12/10/2022 at 07:34, Mattyblue said:

Why should Ian Pearce get more of a role in recruitment, and even the DofF job?

Ian Pearce is already the head of recruitment at WBA and has been for 4 years now, From the article on the athletic website it reports that Bruce and Gourlay signed players they know which I think was the wrong move by them. They should have used Ian Pearce more in transfers and I would give him the DoF role there. 

On 12/10/2022 at 07:50, Blue blood said:

West Brom should have stuck with Ishmael. He had them near (in?) the playoffs and was a striker and some finished chances away from getting it right. They weren't miles off. And had Dyke (the IS striker they got) not got injured when signed it could have been a different story. To me their problems were obvious but rectifiable under the old regime. Now there's a load more issues. 

I think his style worked with the players for only so long, but I think the Bruce appointment was a massive problem and If I was WBA fan, I would want Carlos Corberan or Scott Parker. 

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So Pearce is that good at his job he should just be promoted? And ergo better than other potential DofF out there?

How do you have such an insight into the inner workings of West Bromwich Albion?

I've read plenty of football articles on different footballing sites and listen to football podcasts and watch football podcasts. 

I'm not going to want JDT or GB to leave their current job here 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've read plenty of football articles on different footballing sites and listen to football podcasts and watch football podcasts. 

I'm not going to want JDT or GB to leave their current job here 

Me neither, but what’s that got to do with the WBA situation?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So Pearce is that good at his job he should just be promoted? And ergo better than other potential DofF out there?

How do you have such an insight into the inner workings of West Bromwich Albion?

Workmate, I would think ?

• Like 1