BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said this time and time before that his tactics and coaching methods don't work in the modern day.

He got Hull City promoted into Premiership a few years back, his tactics and coaching methods were fine then.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gav said:

He got Hull City promoted into Premiership a few years back, his tactics and coaching methods were fine then.

That was over 6 years ago Gav. Time move on and His tactics have to. He can't get Grant scoring goals or the best out of him. His main 2 summer signings in Wallace and Swift. Thomas his signing from Salford as a good start for him and I would be starting him and Grant up front as pair in a 4-4-2 formation. 

If West Brom owner and Chairman then public back him and say we are backing him and he will get support from the club in the next transfer window

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Huddersfield deserved their win today against Hull. Better team. Hull need a new head coach in and it will be interesting who they go for. 

Looks like a 3 way race for Boro job between Corberan, Edwards and Carrick for next head coach job. 

Michal Helik was immense today. 
would of loved it if we signed him. 
Huddersfield played well today, enjoyable game. Thought it would be a borefest tbh

Just for interest, this website predicts games and final league positions.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/championship/

Now you might be tempted to argue I like this only because it is predicting a decent season for us but it changes each week and you can see the predictions they made throughout the season. Each match also has a percent prediction per match outcome. It's just a bit of fun to watch and compare the predictions to the actual result - for example it was way off on the Norwich and Stoke games this last weekend.

Edited by longsiders1882
spelling error

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Always felt like those two would be a match made in heaven.

Well what might have been a good job for him, at Forest, may not become vacant for a while now. Having said that - if they keep losing a new contract for Cooper will mean nothing. I think Leicester would see Dyche as below them if they pull the trigger on their guy soon.

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well what might have been a good job for him, at Forest, may not become vacant for a while now. Having said that - if they keep losing a new contract for Cooper will mean nothing. I think Leicester would see Dyche as below them if they pull the trigger on their guy soon.

I think you are right about Leicester - though, like Nick Pope before him, once they leave us and go to a "big" club it's like they are a recently discovered treasure so maybe they would rethink. He would actually be ideal as they don't want to spend as well.  

Not sure Dyche would want WBA - think too much wrong with club's structure, politics etc and they are skint!

Think Forest extending Cooper's contract to 2025 is utter idiocy.  Rated Cooper but he seems to have lost the plot with 20+ signings at some £150m+.   He simply can't buy a result.  Think he'll be fired by Jan..

Would think Dyche would take either Forest or Leicester if offered.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Not sure Dyche would want WBA - think too much wrong with club's structure, politics etc and they are skint!

Think Forest extending Cooper's contract to 2025 is utter idiocy.  Rated Cooper but he seems to have lost the plot with 20+ signings at some £150m+.   He simply can't buy a result.  Think he'll be fired by Jan..

Would think Dyche would take either Forest or Leicester if offered.

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Or Southampton or Leeds if they became available.

To be fair I'm not up to date with the West Brom set up these days - historically always thought they were solid and well run.

The Cooper thing seemed bizarre, one minute there is talk they are about to bin him then "boom" new contract. I think of all the clubs Leicester are the one Dyche would want most of all.

Dyche isn't the hot property some would have you believe or indeed he was made out to be during his time at the dingledome.

I kept on saying that his near 10 year spell there wasn't because he was unusually dedicated and loyal to their project, but instead because very few serious alternatives came along for him during that time.

He's now been unemployed for 6 months during which time by my count there have been 20+ vacancies arise in the top 2 divisions and none have gone to him.

I think the likelihood of a PL club giving him a job is close to zero and someone like WBA is the best he is going to get - sorting out a struggling side making them harder to beat at a club that will tolerate dull football having been used to it under Pulis, Allardyce and Bruce.

A Championship relegation scrap not exactly the 'future England manager' stuff some were predicting a few years ago.

The struggles of Wilder and Bruce have surprised me but that doesn't mean they are finished or outdated. I see the latest 'sexy' name linked with everywhere is Rob Edwards - for some reason considered to be hot property after 1 good season at FGR and a short failed spell at Watford. He is portrayed as some sort of up and coming modern coach with very little to back that up whilst Bruce is seen as a dinosaur despite achieving more than most at Championship level.

• Like 3

Couldn't give a flying feck for Steve Bruce or WBA. Bruce got a crazy payoff from the barcodes not long ago, and will be laughing all the way to the bank with the Baggies dosh in his swagbag too. I always thought WBA were a well run club too, not dissimilar to Rovers some years back, before chicken fever took its toll. But to be fair, I'd not lose any sleep if they succumbed to the disorientating drop into the third tier before getting some of their mojo back in a few years.

As for Dyche - well, I think the lad has enough between the ears to know when to make a comeback. I doubt it will be with a current Prem outfit, and think it unlikely he'd fancy something as stale as the sloppy seconds on offer at the Baggies. Again, he's well off enough to not give a shite in the first place, and is probably strolling around some pleasant golf course thinking about a nice bit of lunch before a soak in the hot tub and a trip to some game or other this evening... It's a hard life these lads have...

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Dyche isn't the hot property some would have you believe or indeed he was made out to be during his time at the dingledome.

I kept on saying that his near 10 year spell there wasn't because he was unusually dedicated and loyal to their project, but instead because very few serious alternatives came along for him during that time.

He's now been unemployed for 6 months during which time by my count there have been 20+ vacancies arise in the top 2 divisions and none have gone to him.

I think the likelihood of a PL club giving him a job is close to zero and someone like WBA is the best he is going to get - sorting out a struggling side making them harder to beat at a club that will tolerate dull football having been used to it under Pulis, Allardyce and Bruce.

A Championship relegation scrap not exactly the 'future England manager' stuff some were predicting a few years ago.

The struggles of Wilder and Bruce have surprised me but that doesn't mean they are finished or outdated. I see the latest 'sexy' name linked with everywhere is Rob Edwards - for some reason considered to be hot property after 1 good season at FGR and a short failed spell at Watford. He is portrayed as some sort of up and coming modern coach with very little to back that up whilst Bruce is seen as a dinosaur despite achieving more than most at Championship level.

Dyche - now a very wealthy man and can afford to be choosy.  Unless it's a very special job, I would be amazed if he takes a job outside an hour's travel radius of his home base.  Understand he topped Gibson's wish list but the geography would always make it a virtual non starter.

Wilder - understand Rovers were very interested (along with Neil) when it seemed some 18/19 months ago Mowbray was heading for the exit door.  Think Wilder thought he would have bigger fish to fry.  Would think Middlesbrough job has done for him in terms of 'desirable' future jobs.

Bruce - would think is now unemployable

Edwards - like you just don't get it.  Maybe just a one hit wonder!

• Like 1

Dyche is unfortunate in that he has a perhaps unfair reputation in regards to his style of play which was a case of making the best of what he had at Burnley, and also in this current climate whereby clubs would usually gravitate towards someone who has little say in off the field matters.

Bournemouth would seem like a perfect job for him in being a Premier League club that has started well but will likely be very much in a scrap over the course of the season. As it is, I suspect that they will make the common mistake of giving it to the caretaker manager in O'Neil who will then struggle to maintain those standards.

In normal circumstances, West Brom would be beneath his standard but with the above factored in, maybe it would be possible.

JDT continues his surge up the Championship longest serving managers league table.

Steve Bruce checks if his Barmy Army membership fees are up to date, books tickets for Australia and hosts the latest luncheon of the EFL Managers Destroy & Exit club.

Dyche is too busy counting Dingle loot to give a feck about anything bar family and golf.

The list of the Richly Unsuccessful grows by the week.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Dyche is too busy counting Dingle loot to give a feck about anything bar family and golf.

The list of the Richly Unsuccessful grows by the week.

Bit unfair on Dyche. He won 2 promotions from the Championship and kept Burnley in the Premier League for 5 seasons including a 7th place finish 

Would I have him at Ewood? You bet

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Bit unfair on Dyche. He won 2 promotions from the Championship and kept Burnley in the Premier League for 5 seasons including a 7th place finish 

Would I have him at Ewood? You bet

me too but i wouldnt watch any interviews or press conferences - his voice really grates on me. 

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

Bruce been sacked

no surprised there. 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Rafa Benitez rumours with Leicester 

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Or Southampton or Leeds if they became available.

Cant see Leeds sacking Marsch. They are playing decent enough. Been plenty of rumours that Southampton are looking to replace Hassenlutti recently 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Dyche - now a very wealthy man and can afford to be choosy.  Unless it's a very special job, I would be amazed if he takes a job outside an hour's travel radius of his home base.  Understand he topped Gibson's wish list but the geography would always make it a virtual non starter.

Edwards - like you just don't get it.  Maybe just a one hit wonder!

Dyche can be picky if he wants but I think he should seriously consider going for WBA job. Whether he gets it I don't know. I don't know who they want. Roy Keane was watching the WBA game against PNE, so he might want it. Scott Parker and Carlos Corberan will probably be in for it I guess

• Like 1