BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

As another decent manger bites the dust, its never been clearer that money talks in this league, very rarely do clubs without Premiership money, parachute payments prosper, despite the best efforts of all involved.

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

As another decent manger bites the dust, its never been clearer that money talks in this league, very rarely do clubs without Premiership money, parachute payments prosper, despite the best efforts of all involved.

Generally, at least 2 clubs every season finish in the top 6 without parachute payments. I'd class top-6 as a success for a non-parachute payment club.

Edited by Hasta

2 hours ago, smiller14 said:

Surprised he didn't do well there, he's done a good job everywhere else. He started well but it fizzled out last year and this year has been desperately poor by all accounts.

Sure he will go somewhere else and do well enough, but Boro definitely needed something different. 

All set up for their 'new manager bounce' when we play them in 2-3 weeks!

Supposedly been alot of tension and in fight between different people like Wilder, board room, Sporting Director there in the summer over the signings. Wilder deffo didn't get many of his first targets and I think he thought they would spend more money there. 

2 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Wonder who they'll appoint? Would TM drop Sunderland for his hometown club?!

Rob Edwards and Carlos Corbaren are 2 people who Boro are interviewing. 

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

Wilder spent 9 million on 3 players plus 3 PL loan players and 4 free transfers. He got plenty of backing from Boro and he couldn't get that squad to perform. rumours of in fighting between Wilder and others. Don't know how true it is. 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Generally, at least 2 clubs every season finish in the top 6 without parachute payments. I'd class top-6 as a success for a non-parachute payment club.

Which is completely irrelevant.

Success in this league is promotion, nothing else matters, unless you're Wycombe or MK Dons. 

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

To counter that Edwards at Watford, Schofield and Huddersfield and Rosenoir at Derby have all lost their jobs. Every manager knows the risks and failure is generally a lucrative thing. I read Mourinho has earned over £80m from his sackings over the years.

True, but all of those are rookie managers who are yet to prove if they have what it takes to be a good manager. The old school managers who I mentioned have been very successful at what they do over many, many years up until their last couple of jobs. 

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Again, as I posted on Saturday, Brucie at WBA will be next.  Understand Dyche is next in line for M'boro job IF, and it's quite a big IF given location, he wants it.  Stuck a few quid on Dyche at 12/1 (odds falling pretty quickly). 

Dyche is 20/1 so odds aren't falling quickly. If you read the latest from local journalists/paper Dyche isn't in the running at all. Maybe you read this first before wasting your money

It looks like 3 horse race between Edwards, O"Neill and Corberan. I reckon Rob Edwards will get it cos Boro want a head coach not a manager like Dyche. 

Dyche isn't getting a PL job. I reckon WBA job could be his when Bruce goes. Maybe after PNE game. 

Looks like Rotherham will appoint Matt Taylor from Exeter as Warne's replacement and Carvalhal is the odds on Favourite for Hull job

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche is 20/1 so odds aren't falling quickly. If you read the latest from local journalists/paper Dyche isn't in the running at all. Maybe you read this first before wasting your money

It looks like 3 horse race between Edwards, O"Neill and Corberan. I reckon Rob Edwards will get it cos Boro want a head coach not a manager like Dyche. 

Dyche isn't getting a PL job. I reckon WBA job could be his when Bruce goes. Maybe after PNE game. 

Looks like Rotherham will appoint Matt Taylor from Exeter as Warne's replacement and Carvalhal is the odds on Favourite for Hull job

My 'insight' was gained from a colleague who uses corporate facilities at the Riverside and has good connections there.

He told me on Friday night he though Wilder was on the thinnest of ice and even a win might not be enough to save him - a defeat would mean the inevitable.

His understanding is Gibson wants a 'winner' - simple as that - and Dyche ticks the boxes IF he wants it - as I posted earlier, the geography doesn't help (even further way from his home than Burnley was).

Not really concerned what the local journalist thinks, if he's anything like Sharpe then I think he will be behind the curve.

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

My 'insight' was gained from a colleague who uses corporate facilities at the Riverside and has good connections there.

He told me on Friday night he though Wilder was on the thinnest of ice and even a win might not be enough to save him - a defeat would mean the inevitable.

His understanding is Gibson wants a 'winner' - simple as that - and Dyche ticks the boxes IF he wants it - as I posted earlier, the geography doesn't help (even further way from his home than Burnley was).

Not really concerned what the local journalist thinks, if he's anything like Sharpe then I think he will be behind the curve.

Rob Edwards is 4/11 on for the Boro. I would say your colleague is way off with Dyche comments to you. Given all the rumours of in fighting at the club during the summer over transfers and money spend that Dyche was never in the running for the job. Just like when you said Mowbray was going WBA last season and on the same day Bruce was appointed there. 

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What can Hull offer him that we couldn't in the summer?

Well, I don't know the full story over Carvalhal talks with Rovers and what the problems if they were any. If you know of any, please post them. Maybe he not enjoying his time over in the middle east and wants out of his club over there. 

Plus, I also don't know what Hull are offering him to try to secure the deal, 

Edited by chaddyrovers

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rob Edwards is 4/11 on for the Boro. I would say your colleague is way off with Dyche comments to you. Given all the rumours of in fighting at the club during the summer over transfers and money spend that Dyche was never in the running for the job. Just like when you said Mowbray was going WBA last season and on the same day Bruce was appointed there. 

I know who my colleague's connections are at Middlesbrough and if you also knew then you wouldn't write such rubbish.

As posted, bottom line is Gibson wants a winner and a no nonsense manager like Dyche would soon put an end to any nonsense.

IF Dyche WANTED the job I think you would find it would be done and dusted in the blink of an eye.

Edited by Mercer

45 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Whilst I admire Dyche it seems to me to be stretching things quite a bit to describe a man whose last season as a manager ended in relegation as a "winner".

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I know who my colleague's connections are at Middlesbrough and if you also knew then you wouldn't write such rubbish.

As posted, bottom line is Gibson wants a winner and a no nonsense manager like Dyche would soon put an end to any nonsense.

IF Dyche WANTED the job I think you would find it would be done and dusted in the blink of an eye.

I'm not interested who your connections are there. Dyche aren't getting and his odds haven't falling like you said. Dyche was never in the running

Gibson wants a winner but if you are correct then why have Rob Edwards, Gary O'Neil and Carlos Corberan been favourites all day long which would fit into the footballing management set up whilst appointing Dyche there wouldn't. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not interested who your connections are there. Dyche aren't getting and his odds haven't falling like you said. Dyche was never in the running

Gibson wants a winner but if you are correct then why have Rob Edwards, Gary O'Neil and Carlos Corberan been favourites all day long which would fit into the footballing management set up whilst appointing Dyche there wouldn't. 

Does it need spelling out - even if Gibson wants Dyche, if Dyche DOESN'T WANT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please someone get me a hammer and chisel!!!

Edited by Mercer

5 hours ago, Gav said:

Which is completely irrelevant.

Success in this league is promotion, nothing else matters, unless you're Wycombe or MK Dons. 

Burnley, Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton, Leeds, Huddersfield off the top of my head all managed promotion. 

Success in my head  for a manager without parachute payments would be top 6. Others do it every season. We couldn’t.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Whilst I admire Dyche it seems to me to be stretching things quite a bit to describe a man whose last season as a manager ended in relegation as a "winner".

You don't know  for sure had Burnley kept Dyche , what the outcome would have been.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Does it need spelling out - even if Gibson wants Dyche, if Dyche DOESN'T WANT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please someone get me a hammer and chisel!!!

you backed Dyche on the betting market but why if you know he doesn't want the job. Very strange. Look like a complete and utter waste of money. I have backed people for Rotherham, Hull and Wolves. Look like 2 out of those 3 are set to been appoint at these clubs. 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Burnley, Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton, Leeds, Huddersfield off the top of my head all managed promotion. 

Success in my head  for a manager without parachute payments would be top 6. Others do it every season. We couldn’t.

Forest last season 

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rob Edwards and Carlos Corbaren are 2 people who Boro are interviewing. 

I was being a bit tongue in cheek there really Chaddy, I just wonder if there's a bit of Mowbray that perhaps wishes he'd waited another month before taking a new job!

I'm sure he'll stay at Sunderland. 

I can't see why Rob Edwards should be high on their wishlist, not what they need. Corberan I could see happening & being a good fit, but then I thought that about Wilder.

Big appointment this for Boro, got to get it right or they'll be in bug financial doo day I think.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

you backed Dyche on the betting market but why if you know he doesn't want the job. Very strange. Look like a complete and utter waste of money. I have backed people for Rotherham, Hull and Wolves. Look like 2 out of those 3 are set to been appoint at these clubs. 

I really struggle to understand you at times Chaddy.  Can I suggest before you fire out responses, you firstly read slowly and carefully what others post.

When I first raised this on the Cardiff thread, I posted:

"Understand Dyche is next in line for M'boro job IF, and it's quite a big IF given location, he wants it.  Stuck a few quid on Dyche at 12/1 (odds falling pretty quickly)".

What can be clearer than that.

You twisting what people say just causes frustration with posters.

If I knew Dyche didn't want the job, do you honestly think I would have backed him?

The bottom line is simply this: seemingly, the job is, or was, Dyche's IF HE WANTS IT, WANTED IT.  

This is not from titbits in the Middlesbrough Sun or whatever rag they have up there.  It is from a colleague of mine who has very good connections with MFC whose observations/thoughts shared with me on Friday night proved spot on.

Edited by Mercer

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Performed miracles to get them up and keep them up for as long (and often) as he did.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think if Cooper leaves Forest Dyche could end up taking over there, he lives in the area and started his football career off at Forest under Cloughy. He could go in there and keep them up I think. 

12 hours ago, islander200 said:

Forest last season 

They've spent North of £30m since 2020,  Bournemouth, Leeds and Brentford have spent big too.

The original point, money talks in this league, you bucket loads to get promoted.