BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

I’m talking about when he was at Bournemouth.

He left Boro with them on the verge of relegation with 9 wins from 38 games.

Ergo he’d be a horrendous appointment for a club like Rotherham with one of the smallest Championship budgets.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just had a wander over on to the PNE forum and it's bedlam on there. It seems a large portion of their forum members have reached their tipping point and want Craig Hemmings (owner) and Peter Ridsdale out. Some are even calling for Ryan Lowe to leave. Below is the Hemmings Out thread if anybody wants entertaining.

I've noticed a lot of familiar comments on there about their hierarchy. Things we have said on here about our lot.

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/hemmings-family-time-to-go.3436779/

I was quite surprised and was wondering what tipped them over the edge. Reading some of their comments, it appears that they feel conned by the early bird season ticket offering, the buzz around the place and the talk of an exciting season, only to be let down in the transfer market.

They didn't get a RWB and a striker that they were all wanting and so far, they can't score a goal to save their lives.

Anyway, the unrest must go beyond their forum as Hemmings has got wind of it and released a statement addressing their concerns. Link below:

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2022/september/club-update-from-craig-hemmings/

I don't know anything about him, but at least they have somebody who communicates with them. It's also interesting how he says he will step aside if prospective new owners show that they have the funds and are willing to push the club forward. I wish we had such a thought to hold onto!

Their thread reacting to the statement:

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/club-update-from-craig-hemmings.3436894/

A bit of entertainment during a boring International break. I was going to say, I understand how they feel when they talk about owners not giving a crap and showing no ambition, therefore I won't mention getting the popcorn out.

Forget that though, get the Butterkist Toffee Popcorn ready, the good stuff, as we could do with a good laugh 😁.

Looks like David Wagner will be the next manager/head coach at Huddersfield. He returns to the club after walking out on them when the tough got going. I think its very poor choice and I think Hoyle will regret this decision. Should have gone for someone like Liam Manning from MK Dons or Matt Taylor from Exeter City or Mark Bonner from Cambridge 

On 21/09/2022 at 22:13, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

David Unsworth, who was talked about regarding the Roverd job, is the new manager at Oldham.

Gotta feel for Oldham fans. To top off a decade of mismanagement they've appointed that gobshite. Their descent down the leagues might not be over just yet.

On 24/09/2022 at 21:14, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like David Wagner will be the next manager/head coach at Huddersfield. He returns to the club after walking out on them when the tough got going. I think its very poor choice and I think Hoyle will regret this decision. Should have gone for someone like Liam Manning from MK Dons or Matt Taylor from Exeter City or Mark Bonner from Cambridge 

Didn’t you say David Wagner was the type of manager we should have been looking at? Someone with experience?

But he’s now ‘A poor choice’ for Huddersfield? 

• Like 2

Watford have sacked Rob Edwards as their head coach and will appoint Bilic as replacement. 

Feel sorry for Edwards cos when you appoint a young head coach you need to get his time and patience to get the team understanding how he wants them to play. More and more clubs are far to trigger happy for me. 

Managers/coaches are ten a penny but a good one is hard to find. When you realise you've got a dud you get rid and hope the next one is better. "Projects" and "giving them time" rarely work. When will Rovers come to the conclusion Tomasson's no better than Mowbray?  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gav said:

Didn’t you say David Wagner was the type of manager we should have been looking at? Someone with experience?

But he’s now ‘A poor choice’ for Huddersfield? 

I said we need an experience head coach and I named Carvalhal, Farke and Wagner as 3 possibilities options but I named plenty of others 

Yes, I think he would poor choice for Huddersfield for several reasons, the way he walks away when tough got going, his spells are 2 clubs recently which he was sacked from, and I think they would be better going for young head coach like Manning from MK Dons or Mullin at Cambridge

Watford have a good track record of getting promotions using a tactic of repeated manager changes so as much as it will cause uproar if they sack Edwards, it wouldn't be a total surprise if they then go and get promotion of the back of the decision, which would justify it 100%.

From what I have seen of new Sky Sports darlings Watford this season, compounded by watching them at Ewood, they are making a number of changes (players and formations) from game to game rather than using the same system and trying to embed it.

Of course making that decision now would make the decision to appoint Edwards to be a strange one in the summer, but Watford are sat on parachute money and have kept key players like Pedro and Sarr, lots of emphasis on an instant return otherwise promotion chances will dwindle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said we need an experience head coach and I named Carvalhal, Farke and Wagner as 3 possibilities options but I named plenty of others 

Yes, I think he would poor choice for Huddersfield for several reasons, the way he walks away when tough got going, his spells are 2 clubs recently which he was sacked from, and I think they would be better going for young head coach like Manning from MK Dons or Mullin at Cambridge

Why would a manager "who walks way when the going gets tough" be good for us but not Huddersfield?

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Managers/coaches are ten a penny but a good one is hard to find. When you realise you've got a dud you get rid and hope the next one is better. "Projects" and "giving them time" rarely work. When will Rovers come to the conclusion Tomasson's no better than Mowbray?  

So, you think it's time to get rid of JDT do you? 

Thankfully Rovers have a proper footballing structure in place now and now we need to give some time and patience to JDT and the staff to implementing his tactics plans, style of play and coaching ideas across to the players. Rovers have a project and its time fans like you got behind it and understand what they are trying to do instead of potential want a change of head coach when we 7th in the league and we are going through transition part of the football side of club sadly people like you just don't get it! 

It's a results business, Chaddy. Watford are chasing promotion and if they feel Edwards isn't going to deliver that, he has to go, while there's enough time for somebody better to come in. Projects and journeys are fanciful notions. Especially at Rovers where a number of incomings are loans every season.

Watford fans have been unhappy with Edwards and have been wanting him out for a while. Yeah, the Watford owners can be trigger happy sometimes, but they know what they want and they don't mess about. I'll have some of that, over this lot that we have, who don't know their arse from their elbow about football.

I hope it works out for JDT, but if it goes pear shaped we are going to be stuck with him. He won't be going anywhere even if we are towards the bottom end, as Broughton has mentioned Norwich sticking with Farke and his methods when they struggled in his first season.

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Watford have sacked Rob Edwards as their head coach and will appoint Bilic as replacement. 

Feel sorry for Edwards cos when you appoint a young head coach you need to get his time and patience to get the team understanding how he wants them to play. More and more clubs are far to trigger happy for me. 

Watford certainly don't mess about. 

10th after 10 games, only 3 wins and nearly 10 points off top spot. I'm sure their owners were expecting much better, certainly after they held onto Pedro and Sarr over the summer.

Edwards was always a strange choice, having only had experience with Forest Green and Telford. 

Sounds like Bilic is going there which should serve them much better,

3 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

It's a results business, Chaddy. Watford are chasing promotion and if they feel Edwards isn't going to deliver that, he has to go, while there's enough time for somebody better to come in. Projects and journeys are fanciful notions. Especially at Rovers where a number of incomings are loans every season.

Watford fans have been unhappy with Edwards and have been wanting him out for a while. Yeah, the Watford owners can be trigger happy sometimes, but they know what they want and they don't mess about. I'll have some of that, over this lot that we have, who don't know their arse from their elbow about football.

I hope it works out for JDT, but if it goes pear shaped we are going to be stuck with him. He won't be going anywhere even if we are towards the bottom end, as Broughton has mentioned Norwich sticking with Farke and his methods when they struggled in his first season.

and Watford are 10th and a point behind top 6. Hardly an awful start is considering that they appoint a young up and coming head coach to why don't clubs allow these head coaches more time and patience. I stand by that some clubs are far to trigger happy. Watford are now onto their 5th head coach in the last 12 months. Yes, their 5th head coach in 12 months. Utter and complete madness and I have zero sympathy for clubs like this. Maybe the problem is the Owner, Board and the players instead. Far too easy to sack head coaches and managers they don't. 

I am pleased that Rovers aren't like this and actually give some time and patience to their head coaches and managers appointments to get things right and to implement their ideas in tactics, style of play and coaching them 

I've also mentioned Norwich sticking with Farke and look at what he delivered for the club by given him time and patience. Broughton is right to mention it and for some unknown reasons you appear against him straight away

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Watford certainly don't mess about. 

10th after 10 games, only 3 wins and nearly 10 points off top spot. I'm sure their owners were expecting much better, certainly after they held onto Pedro and Sarr over the summer.

Edwards was always a strange choice, having only had experience with Forest Green and Telford. 

Sounds like Bilic is going there which should serve them much better,

5 different head coaches/managers in the last 12 months with the Bilic appointment. Maybe the problem is the owner and lack of proper footballing plan by him, CEO and Sporting Director. 

There will be loads of managers that are given time and patience that continued to under perform, there is no point comparing to individuals.

In the last 9 years, Watford have not spent 2 consecutive seasons below Premier League level. They are sat not only on parachute money but have kept a number of their best players, there has to be an emphasis on promotion THIS season.

Rovers are a poor example and certainly not a case of how a football club should be run. Our managers have been a mixture of brief and long lasting and we have never finished in the top 6 of the Championship since we came down a decade ago. Watford's trigger happy tactic may appear to be a symbol of not the way to run a football club, and of course like anyone they have made poor appointments, but their ruthlessness has led to far more success than we have had under our respective owners.

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and Watford are 10th and a point behind top 6. Hardly an awful start is considering that they appoint a young up and coming head coach to why don't clubs allow these head coaches more time and patience. I stand by that some clubs are far to trigger happy. Watford are now onto their 5th head coach in the last 12 months. Yes, their 5th head coach in 12 months. Utter and complete madness and I have zero sympathy for clubs like this. Maybe the problem is the Owner, Board and the players instead. Far too easy to sack head coaches and managers they don't. 

I am pleased that Rovers aren't like this and actually give some time and patience to their head coaches and managers appointments to get things right and to implement their ideas in tactics, style of play and coaching them 

I've also mentioned Norwich sticking with Farke and look at what he delivered for the club by given him time and patience. Broughton is right to mention it and for some unknown reasons you appear against him straight away

Watford aren't interested in a top 6 finish, they want a top 2 finish.

Edwards wasn't delivering that and they are already losing ground on the top 2. 

The owners are a problem, in that they want/expect instant success. It's all about money and you don't get any money in the Championship. 

The problem for them is, as a championship club they seem attract managers good enough to get them up but not good enough to stay up. Yes it's madness they go through managers like there is no tomorrow but we had 5 years of Mowbray and where did it leave us? 

22 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Watford aren't interested in a top 6 finish, they want a top 2 finish.

Edwards wasn't delivering that and they are already losing ground on the top 2. 

The owners are a problem, in that they want/expect instant success. It's all about money and you don't get any money in the Championship. 

The problem for them is, as a championship club they seem attract managers good enough to get them up but not good enough to stay up. Yes it's madness they go through managers like there is no tomorrow but we had 5 years of Mowbray and where did it leave us? 

Maybe on paper that squad is top 2 but so far, the players haven't performed like that, But the players get away with it again. 

I'm not saying give them 5 years but surely, they deserve more than 10 games to be given a chance to perform. Maybe end of November at least. I think that any managerial appointment deserved that unless it's competely and utter disaster. Watford and Edwards situation wasn't that. Same as Morrison at Cardiff. 

Huddersfield is closing in on their next head coach. Its not Wagner

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe on paper that squad is top 2 but so far, the players haven't performed like that, But the players get away with it again. 

I'm not saying give them 5 years but surely, they deserve more than 10 games to be given a chance to perform. Maybe end of November at least. I think that any managerial appointment deserved that unless it's competely and utter disaster. Watford and Edwards situation wasn't that. Same as Morrison at Cardiff. 

Huddersfield is closing in on their next head coach. Its not Wagner

If you think the squad they have is good enough for the top 2, then surely the problem is the manager?

Problem is, how much longer do you give him? 10 games isn't a lot, i agree, and if you're happy to wait it out and go for promotion the following season whilst the new manager gets to grips with things, then fair enough but Watford aren't prepared for that, they want promotion this season.