BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it harsh? Their start has been absolutely abysmal, and his appointment seemed to be a panicked decision of the back of Corberan's departure. This gives them the chance to get someone competent in over the international break. They might struggle this season having lost various key figures so taking a chance may be considered too big a risk.

9 games I think so given he had no pre-season with the squad to bring his ideas and style to the team. Given that they lost the playoff final and Corberan leaving days before the season starts I think a massive struggled should have been expect to be quite honest. 

Panicked decision? Well, they say it was planned that Danny Schofield would get the head coach when he left the club but yet again club panics into another sacking instead of given them time and patience. Anyway, it's happened now. 

I stand by my Wagner point tho, I think they would be best appointing someone who is having success at lower leagues but can make the step up and suits the squad they have 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

9 games I think so given he had no pre-season with the squad to bring his ideas and style to the team. Given that they lost the playoff final and Corberan leaving days before the season starts I think a massive struggled should have been expect to be quite honest. 

Panicked decision? Well, they say it was planned that Danny Schofield would get the head coach when he left the club but yet again club panics into another sacking instead of given them time and patience. Anyway, it's happened now. 

I stand by my Wagner point tho, I think they would be best appointing someone who is having success at lower leagues but can make the step up and suits the squad they have 

You are transfixed by the phrase "time and patience" but to me Schofield got the job fortunately and suddenly (even if that was a long term plan, they didn't plan to do it then) and presumably 6 losses and only 1 win in 8 didn't warrant loads more time and patience in the absence of something slowly being built.

Their squad has plenty of seasoned pros (Hogg, Ward, Rhodes, Pearson, Lees, Turton, Holmes and Helik) but not an abundance of quality. I don't get why the natural successor would have to be someone from the lower leagues other than out of the noble gesture of "giving a young British manager a chance." Not convinced it is wise to go back to an old face either in Wagner, similar to when you spent forever wanting Mark Hughes back over a decade on.

• Moderation Lead

Appointing rookies from within very, very rarely works and surprise surprise, it hasn’t worked at Huddersfield. Bottom line, they were in the play off final last season and this season after almost a 5th of the season gone, they’re second from bottom. Harsh or not, it’s certainly not a surprise he’s gone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You are transfixed by the phrase "time and patience" but to me Schofield got the job fortunately and suddenly (even if that was a long term plan, they didn't plan to do it then) and presumably 6 losses and only 1 win in 8 didn't warrant loads more time and patience in the absence of something slowly being built.

Their squad has plenty of seasoned pros (Hogg, Ward, Rhodes, Pearson, Lees, Turton, Holmes and Helik) but not an abundance of quality. I don't get why the natural successor would have to be someone from the lower leagues other than out of the noble gesture of "giving a young British manager a chance." Not convinced it is wise to go back to an old face either in Wagner, similar to when you spent forever wanting Mark Hughes back over a decade on.

But the Journey? Surely a manager deserves a minimum of 5 years to get the journey started? Then realise you ave forgotten where you were going so you retrace your steps and start again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Come back in January, that’s when it all changes for Tony. 

Mowbray inherited a decent enough squad with a few very good players. They are on a Championship and new manager bounce.

He will need until at least January to work his voodoo.

However I don't think he will dare to use them as some sort of experimental farm to pander to his fantasies of possession and tippy tappy. He just dare not try that shit up in Sunderland.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Pukki is too good for the Championship and not good enough for the Premier League

Tony working his magic for Sunderland😀

Both of Pukki's goals tonight were from chances that he simply doesn't get in the PL. They're too positionally aware to allow him THAT much space and too athletic for him to do anything with the space he does find. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think anyone planned for Corberan to leave when he did. They gave him the job so far he should have given more time unless there is something we don't know about. 

Their squad isn't top 6 and I would say it's around bottom 6 squad. 

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Sunderland 2 up.

No strikers now with Simms going off injured 

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Bruce and Wilder in bottom 6 as it stands ...

Bottom 5 now