BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

14 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Sorry @chaddyroversi think Schofield was a terrible appointment. 

For starters how many times does a number 2 or caretaker guy do well at the club they were number 2 at? Almost never. Even us with Hartford have seen this. No idea why chairmen think this will work after it failing time after time. when number 2s do make it, which there is no guarantee of, it's often with another club and a fresh start. 

Then there was his inexperience. Not ideal at this level to have no managerial experience. It's a steep learning curve. 

then there's the continuity factor. Whilst they was a big reason for appointing him, given the manager and assistant manager left plus some key players, plus the abrupt nature of him leaving, I do question how much continuity there can be in these circumstances. Also does the plan of eventual successor mean he was ready now? To me I don't think I'd have been pushing continuity in these circumstances. 

Finally results. Whilst I appreciate in the short-term they can at times be a bit misleading (K*an in the championship, McCarthy's start at Cardiff) they still were pretty poor and not a great indicator that jr was going to come good. In fact they were in danger imo, along with Coventry, of being cut adrift. Wins are key in this division and he just wasn't getting them. 

So yeah for me it was a bad mistake, which they are looking to quickly rectify. 

Schofield was first team coach under their previous head coach. It's a fair point you made about how many times when a current staff member is appointed does it work. 

I feel it was harsh cos he had his best 2 players sold without replacements being signed of similar quality. I think that one of the main reasons when their previous head coach quit there. He only 8 games without a proper pre season with the players to change the squad and style to what he wants. 

I also think that their squad is nothing more than lower mid table, so I do wonder what their expectations are. 

Let's see who they appoint now. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

They are never ‘strange decisions’ in this league, it’s what most clubs do after a poor run.

Rovers are the strange ones as you actually get to see out your contract here…

Every manager has poor runs.

(To be clear, Mowbray-level death spirals are beyond sackable)

Edited by bluebruce

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

another strange decision to sack Morrison after he kept them up last season and overhaul the squad then sacked him 9 games in. What were Cardiff owners' expectations for this season? 

Better results after 9 games. 

The reasons why Cardiff City sacked Steve Morison and the candidate they will look to next (msn.com)

Some fans feared he was too cautious in his approach to games, needed to let gifted youngster Rubin Colwill off the leash far more. The critics would say his substitutions were by and large predictable, there was no real Plan B and perhaps the lack of a cutting edge was always going to cost in the end. Whether that end came in May, or indeed right here just 10 games into the season.

Sounds familiar. No point hanging on to a deadbeat manager when the writing is on the wall. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

another strange decision to sack Morrison after he kept them up last season and overhaul the squad then sacked him 9 games in. What were Cardiff owners' expectations for this season? 

I don't see it as strange. It's what any switched on owner with an ounce of ambition might do after allowing 17 signings to be made in the summer.

Unfortunately, the word "ambition" does not exist at Rovers and among large parts of the fan base, so it might well look like a weird move based on what we've had to put up with.

Fair play, Vincent Tan. No room for sentiment, no bullshit about journeys. No signs of improvement and Cardiff kicking on this season, so he has acted decisively. That's how it should be.

Nathan Jones of Luton one of the favourites to replace Morrison according to reports. He'd fit the bill and certainly has had the measure of Rovers in recent years. He was far more astute than Tomasson yesterday

I wonder if Morrison told Tan that he had a "project" and needed time? I also wonder if Tan would have jettisoned Tomasson by now

23 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Nathan Jones of Luton one of the favourites to replace Morrison according to reports. He'd fit the bill and certainly has had the measure of Rovers in recent years. He was far more astute than Tomasson yesterday

I wonder if Morrison told Tan that he had a "project" and needed time? I also wonder if Tan would have jettisoned Tomasson by now

Actually Jim quite the reverse. He said last season he had to work with what he had and could make limited changes and shouldn't be judged on it. However he also said that  he'd been fantastically backed  this season and it was his team, so there were no excuses. He was happy to be assessed on this team as it was the one he had built. It was all very refreshing. 

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

A "project"?

Yeah, as I prefer to call it, a coherent plan. Gregg has a plan to develop Rovers into a better football club, resulting into promotion. We’ve had good teams in this league and for different reasons, never quite been good enough. So now we need a plan. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Yeah, as I prefer to call it, a coherent plan. Gregg has a plan to develop Rovers into a better football club, resulting into promotion. We’ve had good teams in this league and for different reasons, never quite been good enough. So now we need a plan. 

there will be some serious scouting going  on at the moment come january transfer window i expect diaz to be sold and jdt`s choice of player to arrive here,i don`t think in any way he`s got the personel he wants,going to be some departures as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Better results after 9 games. 

The reasons why Cardiff City sacked Steve Morison and the candidate they will look to next (msn.com)

Some fans feared he was too cautious in his approach to games, needed to let gifted youngster Rubin Colwill off the leash far more. The critics would say his substitutions were by and large predictable, there was no real Plan B and perhaps the lack of a cutting edge was always going to cost in the end. Whether that end came in May, or indeed right here just 10 games into the season.

Sounds familiar. No point hanging on to a deadbeat manager when the writing is on the wall. 

I went on 2 Cardiff City fans site early this afternoon and most were shocked by the sacking, and they said he needed more time and was building something. 

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I don't see it as strange. It's what any switched on owner with an ounce of ambition might do after allowing 17 signings to be made in the summer.

Unfortunately, the word "ambition" does not exist at Rovers and among large parts of the fan base, so it might well look like a weird move based on what we've had to put up with.

Fair play, Vincent Tan. No room for sentiment, no bullshit about journeys. No signs of improvement and Cardiff kicking on this season, so he has acted decisively. That's how it should be.

You have to allow a manager more than 9 games in charge after backing him 17 signings in the summer transfer window. They seem to have no plan who they want to replace him with, and it appears to me that the owners of the club sacked him cos they lost to bottom of the league. They are 4 points of the top 6. 

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there will be some serious scouting going  on at the moment come january transfer window i expect diaz to be sold and jdt`s choice of player to arrive here,i don`t think in any way he`s got the personel he wants,going to be some departures as well

Ross Stewart an adequate replacement for BBD?

Discuss.

Edited by booth