BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good luck to Sunderland with Mowbray there, It won't be good watching but surprised he going there being such a big Boro fan. Wonder if Venus is going there? 

No he is Boro fan

Surprised that an out of work football manager for hire is taking a big job at one of the closest clubs to his house?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do people think Mowbray would get a good reception here?

I'll be applauding him, a manager here for 5yrs, a promotion under his belt after the shambles Coyle left us in and look at the players be bought, Diaz and Armstrong alone will rake in over £30m for this football club if managed correctly. 

I think in time some fans will come to realise just what we had under Mowbray, last season was predicable, he needed backing and was badly let down, we'll NEVER, have a better opportunity to step up than we had last season under these owners.

We are now seeing with JDT what a difficult job ours is with very limited wages on offer, very limited budget and a squad made up of academy players that aren't ready for Championship football.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

I think in time some fans will come to realise just what we had under Mowbray, last season was predicable, he needed backing and was badly let down

Incorrect. Mowbray is on record as saying he turned down Prem strikers in January that he could have signed. He was the master of his own demise. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Surprised that an out of work football manager for hire is taking a big job at one of the closest clubs to his house?

at least he won't complained about travelling or being away from home too much

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I'll be applauding him, a manager here for 5yrs, a promotion under his belt after the shambles Coyle left us in and look at the players be bought, Diaz and Armstrong alone will rake in over £30m for this football club if managed correctly. 

I think in time some fans will come to realise just what we had under Mowbray, last season was predicable, he needed backing and was badly let down, we'll NEVER, have a better opportunity to step up than we had last season under these owners.

We are now seeing with JDT what a difficult job ours is with very limited wages on offer, very limited budget and a squad made up of academy players that aren't ready for Championship football.

Mowbray could have signed a striker on loan from Man City and he turned it down. TBH, your Mowbray's comments sounds just like a bloke who is obsess with Mowbray and said we couldn't do better than him. He said we missed him. 

Your last point is just wrong Gav. we are spending money on players and bringing in permanent signings not just loans after loans like Mowbray did. The wage budget has to be reduced and fall into line with its 90% of our turnover from next season. These are new EFL rules. Do the research Gav

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

at least he won't complained about travelling or being away from home too much

Mowbray could have signed a striker on loan from Man City and he turned it down. TBH, your Mowbray's comments sounds just like a bloke who is obsess with Mowbray and said we couldn't do better than him. He said we missed him. 

I was answering a question on Mowbrays reception when he comes back to Ewood, do I really need to explain that to you?

I suppose you’ll be booing him as you never liked him in the first place 🙄

1 minute ago, Gav said:

I was answering a question on Mowbrays reception when he comes back to Ewood, do I really need to explain that to you?

I suppose you’ll be booing him as you never liked him in the first place 🙄

I won't clap or boo him before or during the game. If he comes to Blackburn end after the game and claps the fans than I will probably clap him(wouldn't boo him) but for me, he has had his send off after last season last game. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I won't clap or boo him before or during the game. If he comes to Blackburn end after the game and claps the fans than I will probably clap him(wouldn't boo him) but for me, he has had his send off after last season last game. 

i`ll laugh at him and his bizarre team set ups when we are 3-0 up and he takes off their striker for a midfielder😆,don`t tell me you hav`nt experienced it when he was here😆

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Neil is a better manager than Mowbray. They have downgraded. He will steady the ship like here but not much else. 

They didn’t have much of a choice, but filled the managerial position in quick time, could you imagine us doing that…..would take weeks if not months in the same situation.

Mowbray will do well there, I wish him well.

Edited by Gav

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

They didn’t have much of a choice, but filled the managerial position in quick time, could you imagine us doing that…..would take weeks if not months in the same situation.

They had choice. They just made a panic appointment. That they did that in quicktime is not a surprise, TM as much as he misses his family and wants a home life, has quickly gone and got another job....

I guess he can at least head his balls in his backgarden closer to home.

There are candidates out there - Dyche for one. A decent sized club like Sunderland should have been all over that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

They had choice. They just made a panic appointment. That they did that in quicktime is not a surprise, TM as much as he misses his family and wants a home life, has quickly gone and got another job....

I guess he can at least head his balls in his backgarden closer to home.

There are candidates out there - Dyche for one. A decent sized club like Sunderland should have been all over that. 

Dyche was ready to take over at Sunderland a few years ago until Advocaat changed his mind.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Dyche was ready to take over at Sunderland a few years ago until Advocaat changed his mind.

Dyche might have been approached. He is not a fashionable coach in the PL, but he knows how to get out of this division. Mowbray vs Dyche is no competition - still, at least it means there is one less team to worry about. 

Dyche is out of Sunderland’s league with his £5m a year wage demands. 

Mowbray is perfect for them right now, a club hanging around in league 1 for years, he’ll give them stability and Van Hecke if we’re not careful. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Dyche might have been approached. He is not a fashionable coach in the PL, but he knows how to get out of this division. Mowbray vs Dyche is no competition - still, at least it means there is one less team to worry about. 

As I understand it he’d already agreed to join Sunderland replacing Advocaat but Dick Advocaat had a change of heart at the last minute and decided to stay. A couple of months into the season Sunderland’s result were shit  and Advocaat was gone ! Too late for Dyche though.

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

Dyche is out of Sunderland’s league with his £5m a year wage demands. 

Mowbray is perfect for them right now, a club hanging around in league 1 for years, he’ll give them stability and Van Hecke if we’re not careful. 

He aint earning 5 mil a year now and who else is gonna pay that? 

16 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

People keep saying that he stabilised things here and that the previous management left him with a total shambles but what about the state of the squad Mowbray has left us with this year?

Not only is the core of what is left much better than what was inherited but we also have a 15m asset who can be sold, another one who was sold and a 4m asset that he wanted to sell that was blocked. The latter 2 deals could have led to further reinvestment on assets but the blame for why it hasnt belongs in India.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Except for when Mowbray was appointed here ....it was very soon after Coyle went 

• Like 1

Dyche won't go to Sunderland cos he won't fit the head coach model as he is more of old fashion manager where he was all the control but more and more clubs aren't run that way and alot of Championship teams have Director of Football/Sporting Director with head coach under them. 

Mowbray will be happy to work under that system. Also forget that former Rovers head of recruitment Stuart Harvey is there at Sunderland now in the same role