BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As I understand it he’d already agreed to join Sunderland replacing Advocaat but Dick Advocaat had a change of heart at the last minute and decided to stay. A couple of months into the season Sunderland’s result were shit  and Advocaat was gone ! Too late for Dyche though.

That's , a similar tale I was told a few years ago ... Burnley fan mate, he was more or less gone , car started etc 

A good move for Mowbray. I had expected his next move to be to a lge 1 club so he's done well. 

He's a solid manager who will easily keep Sunderland up but no more than that. A good man-manager who is a shrewd operator in the loan market. He's not a good tactician though and never really sorted out our defensive issues in his tenure here. No doubt he did a good job here though and I'm sure he'll do well at Sunderland too. 

Sunderland fans seem to know alot about mowbray's time here and venkys.  They are also aware of what shit owners venkys are. They're under the impression he develops youth. Plays attacking football.  Has the ability to organise a defence. Is tactically aware. Poor buggers

• Like 6

• Backroom

Mowbray isn't a terrible manager by any stretch, but he's also one that has repeatedly shown not to learn from his mistakes. He's carried the same positives and the same negatives to essentially every club he's been at. Sunderland can expect some good runs, some horrific runs, some baffling tactical selections, bizarre soundbytes and periods of satisfaction followed by equally long periods of immense frustration.

Hopefully when we play them it'll be during a death spiral.  

• Like 6

14 hours ago, rovers11 said:

A good move for Mowbray. I had expected his next move to be to a lge 1 club so he's done well. 

He's a solid manager who will easily keep Sunderland up but no more than that. A good man-manager who is a shrewd operator in the loan market. He's not a good tactician though and never really sorted out our defensive issues in his tenure here. No doubt he did a good job here though and I'm sure he'll do well at Sunderland too. 

I think he is a terrible man manager.  Good at killing players natural attributes and shooting their confidence to hell.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

I think he is a terrible man manager.  Good at killing players natural attributes and shooting their confidence to hell.

Is he? The team spirit always seemed good in his tenure and I thought that he developed especially the younger players very well, Brereton, Buckley, Travis are 3 good examples.

Always had his people skills as pretty good, he developed players well, but tactics were not his main strength.

• Like 1

He had lost the dressing room at the Derby game. 

I am thoroughly relieved that he is not our manager anymore. He sucked what little life there was left in this club and to not even finish in the playoffs after being 2nd in February shows that he is not a good manager. 

I don't expect the mackems to give him as easy a ride as what he had here.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is he? The team spirit always seemed good in his tenure and I thought that he developed especially the younger players very well, Brereton, Buckley, Travis are 3 good examples.

Always had his people skills as pretty good, he developed players well, but tactics were not his main strength.

He runs a holiday camp so of course the players aren't going to mind him, on the whole. 

I'd challenge that he's good at developing young players too:

• he held Travis back (tried to turn him into a midfield destroyer when he has much more to his game)
  • he played Buckley as a False 9 / #10 when he's clearly a CM
  • he told S. Wharton he was surplus to requirements before being forced to play him
  • pretty sure Giles hates him

I'm delighted he's no longer here - credit too him for arresting our slide into oblivion (albeit a better manager would have saved us from relegation in the first place...), but he massively overstayed his welcome and thought he was far too good for this club. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He runs a holiday camp so of course the players aren't going to mind him, on the whole. 

I'd challenge that he's good at developing young players too:

• he held Travis back (tried to turn him into a midfield destroyer when he has much more to his game)
  • he played Buckley as a False 9 / #10 when he's clearly a CM
  • he told S. Wharton he was surplus to requirements before being forced to play him
  • pretty sure Giles hates him

I'm delighted he's no longer here - credit too him for arresting our slide into oblivion (albeit a better manager would have saved us from relegation in the first place...), but he massively overstayed his welcome and thought he was far too good for this club. 

I look forward to seeing him pull that sort of shyte at Sunderland. It will be very entertaining. 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2022 at 22:52, superniko said:

7 (SEVEN!) clean sheets in a row for PNE

They equalled the record for the most clean sheets at the start of a season ever in the football league.

I simply cannot find out who the other two clubs are that hold that record. Can someone please help.

P.S. If you didn't already know they failed to beat the record today when Birmingham City put one past them to win the game.

On 29/08/2022 at 22:08, DE. said:

Mowbray isn't a terrible manager by any stretch, but he's also one that has repeatedly shown not to learn from his mistakes. He's carried the same positives and the same negatives to essentially every club he's been at. Sunderland can expect some good runs, some horrific runs, some baffling tactical selections, bizarre soundbytes and periods of satisfaction followed by equally long periods of immense frustration.

Hopefully when we play them it'll be during a death spiral.  

Not checked the fixtures since reading this post but if we want to catch them in a death spiral we need to play them after the new year. February would be optimal.

On 30/08/2022 at 07:04, roversfan99 said:

He dropped Travis as soon as he could after he played really well.  Nyambe, Buckley, Rothwell he dropped and/or hooked after they.olayed really well.  I think they all had games where they were very forward thinking, looking to get the ball to attack quickly.  Each if them did not return until they went sideways/backwards with regularity.  IMHO Mowbary is THE reason Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell could not wait to get out if here.

Can also throw in the mix, Harrison Reed, who he told to learn from Smallwood and Evans when Reed was hands down a better player the both of them out together.  Puts Giles on the right wing and tells the whole world that is his best position, bollox.  Look at him go without ToMo.

He has destroyed Gallagher as a player playing him where he is totally ineffective, shot his confidence to hell.  Bad mouthing players in public is not good man management.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

He dropped Travis as soon as he could after he played really well.  Nyambe, Buckley, Rothwell he dropped and/or hooked after they.olayed really well.  I think they all had games where they were very forward thinking, looking to get the ball to attack quickly.  Each if them did not return until they went sideways/backwards with regularity.  IMHO Mowbary is THE reason Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell could not wait to get out if here.

Can also throw in the mix, Harrison Reed, who he told to learn from Smallwood and Evans when Reed was hands down a better player the both of them out together.  Puts Giles on the right wing and tells the whole world that is his best position, bollox.  Look at him go without ToMo.

He has destroyed Gallagher as a player playing him where he is totally ineffective, shot his confidence to hell.  Bad mouthing players in public is not good man management.

Slagging off the fans too

3 hours ago, USABlue said:

That is blatantly untrue. Travis went on to start the following 7 games, and the Sheffield United game was one of 19 starts across the remaining 22 games.

Those 3 players left at the same time as Mowbray, one to a higher division and one with a huge pay rise. And Tomasson also plays Gallagher out wide.

Mowbray had his limitations and I am glad that he has gone but there isn't half some nonsense talked about him.

• Like 2