BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Very disappointing, on the whole really didnt understand what the gameplan was.

Kaminski has just stopped us losing by 5, 6 or 7.

We need players 100%, but that cannot take away from the dross which has been served up this week.

Our first 3 games we literally scored with every shot which somewhat masked the performances.

However Reading and this today, we've looked clueless.

The lack of centre backs is masking much deeper issues.

The defence did okay today, but midfield and attack was toothless.

Slow in distribution, lack of imagination and if truth be told, as uncreative as its been in a long time at Rovers.

Those early points are going to be crucial going into the next few games.

We need expereience but we also need an identity, I cant for the life of me understand what our gameplan currently is. 

This ..all of this 

JDT has set us up so poorly over the 5 games, I'd say the swansea game was a tactical masterclass but other then that we have look really poor, devoid of ideas ..no fluidity..powderpuff in the middle

I would honestly drop Buckley..the lads stealing a living here right now 

Dack has to start infront of Sammy, just has too

Desperate for a LB and a bully in the middle, 2 CBs needed and a striker 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Believe me, after 5 years of Mowbray I desperately want JDT to breathe new life into the club. The manner of the defeats however is very worrying. Two 3-0 defeats in a few days. I don't think it's subjective to say those two performances were bad. 

Hopefully you're right and this is a 'players' thing... time will tell. 

Can you not see the correlation between three games on three Saturdays with one midweek between and the final one an almighty struggle including players coming off with heat exhaustion and the subsequent effects on a largely unrotated - and in some positions makeshift - squad?

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me why we are seeing another manager play Gallagher on the wing?

Also how the heck is Dack not getting in that team? Nothing outfield beyond Ayala has been a shred of decent last two games and Dacks got 45 mins. It’s a joke. Also our midfield has been non existent, why don’t we give Morton a chance, he’s looked good whenever he’s played. 

Also why’s Hedges MIA? Think he’s not been amazing but has been better than some of the ‘front 4’ so far 

• Like 1

Just now, Crozzy said:

Can anyone tell me why we are seeing another manager play Gallagher on the wing?

Also how the heck is Dack not getting in that team? Nothing outfield beyond Ayala has been a shred of decent last two games and Dacks got 45 mins. It’s a joke. Also our midfield has been non existent, why don’t we give Morton a chance, he’s looked good whenever he’s played. 

Also why’s Hedges MIA? Think he’s not been amazing but has been better than some of the ‘front 4’ so far 

Not slagging Gallagher off, just saying last season proved he can’t play on the wing. Don’t understand how the managers seen the same thing and is doing exactly the same as Mowbray. 
Gallagher should be upfront or on the bench end of

• Like 2

Just now, Crozzy said:

This was one of the main gripes of the Mowbray era, Sam's still being picked in that position but the new manager doesn't get criticism for it. 

• Like 2

Curious to know how JDT malmo side set up and played.. did he let other teams have the ball and just counter? Or did they generally play fluid attractive footy?

Not going to jump to conclusions on JDT yet as he hasn't got the players he wants in yet ..il judge after the window but so far the team set up is all wrong, we don't look like we have a clue what we are doing out there 

• Like 1

Just now, ItsRoverZ said:

Curious to know how JDT malmo side set up and played.. did he let other teams have the ball and just counter? Or did they generally play fluid attractive footy?

Not going to jump to conclusions on JDT yet as he hasn't got the players he wants in yet ..il judge after the window but so far the team set up is all wrong, we don't look like we have a clue what we are doing out there 

Think he has to adjust to the poor players we have and try to make something out it to be fair..... not an easy task yet...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, booth said:

I don't understand this at all, it's like playing ten with Gallagher on the wing.

Hedges is injured btw.

It just baffles me. I understand he works hard defending but maybe whoever plays the wing needs drilling into them to do that. 
It just doesn’t work and it makes me so frustrated watching it again

When compared to the big boys in this league…we are babies…however I had hoped for greater guts than I saw today. 
Apart from Kaminski, Ayala and, to a degree Britain we were appalling. We carried Buckley ( and have done all season) …. If Smodiczs is the best we can do …just don’t…..and as for Pickering  and Edun….don’t know where to begin …dire, dire, dire. 
Dack must be finished if he can’t get a game with this level of player. …I expected bumps in the road, a season of adjustment..but we can’t play be playing with what we’ve got….or not got …not angry …just fearful 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

This was one of the main gripes of the Mowbray era, Sam's still being picked in that position but the new manager doesn't get criticism for it. 

Sir Alex could have him on the wing and I’d be criticising him. I think it’s poor from JDT playing him there. I like the new manager but this is a poor choice 

Think Gallagher is decent upfront 

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

Anyone talking about relegation after 5 league games (of which we’ve won 3 of) needs to have a word with themselves.

I’ve described our fans as the footballing personification of Bipolar disease - and I stick by it.

A LONG way to go this season; let’s see how the transfer window ends.

Did you just watch that. I’d put that up there with Oldham away league 1. Having said that Reading takes some beating. One is unlucky two becomes concerning. They better have some big things in the pipeline or if I was this manager I’d quit and leave them to it. Broughton can then come out and explain his purpose. It is just same old same old