BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

Just now, USABlue said:

Oh dear, we were really bad 1st half.  Gave away too much of the pitch.  I think JDT is now beginning to see the monumental task he has ahead if him.

Funny thing, Phillips goes off they get the second.

It was a mercy sub.

Kaminski - kept the score to single figures 

Brittain - Was never given an out ball, didn’t shine defensively. Jury is out.

Phillips - nowhere near ready for the rigours of Championship football

Ayala - Solid first half, dreadful second

Pickering - abysmal performance, would be so bad it’s funny if he played for anyone else

Edun - very poor apart from that short spell in midfield

Travis - nothing game, petulance creeping back in

Buckley - as anonymous a performance as I’ve ever seen. Went hiding.

Szmodics - too soon to write him off, but he’s showing nothing. Dack must be furious.

Brereton - Disappointing on the very few occasions he actually saw the ball

Gallagher - seems destined to be a wide striker forever, so you’ll get a lot of graft, the odd goal, and a general lack of quality

General word on Dolan - would probably be better suited in a different team where he might be used wide instead of big powerful forwards. As a pest in the centre it’ll work only very occasionally.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Kaminski - kept the score to single figures 

Brittain - Was never given an out ball, didn’t shine defensively. Jury is out.

Phillips - nowhere near ready for the rigours of Championship football

Ayala - Solid first half, dreadful second

Pickering - abysmal performance, would be so bad it’s funny if he played for anyone else

Edun - very poor apart from that short spell in midfield

Travis - nothing game, petulance creeping back in

Buckley - as anonymous a performance as I’ve ever seen. Went hiding.

Szmodics - too soon to write him off, but he’s showing nothing. Dack must be furious.

Brereton - Disappointing on the very few occasions he actually saw the ball

Gallagher - seems destined to be a wide striker forever, so you’ll get a lot of graft, the odd goal, and a general lack of quality

General word on Dolan - would probably be better suited in a different team where he might be used wide instead of big powerful forwards. As a pest in the centre it’ll work only very occasionally.

Excellent review, Miller. 

those players useful to the future of the team amounts to four or five.

Right now: This team is crying out for at least two attacking MF, a left back, two more centre-backs, and a striker. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yankfan said:

What’s more worrying is that Dack is either seen as, or not as good as, Szmodics.  It’s hard to believe he’s behind such a poor player 

Frustrating because I don’t see Dack as being a poor player now. And look how we played today and Wednesday. No press so no idea how Dack isn’t playing. He’s quality on the ball and he’s a natural goal scorer. Doesn’t need pace to be doing a good job. At least he can hold on the the ******* ball

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Wtf does this mean? Thinks he's still unfit?

Why didn't Bradley Dack come on?

I don’t think the game needed that. When you only have one more substitute moment, I didn’t want to end with 10 men. That was the issue

maybe the rumours of a falling out aren't off the mark

4 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Frustrating because I don’t see Dack as being a poor player now. And look how we played today and Wednesday. No press so no idea how Dack isn’t playing. He’s quality on the ball and he’s a natural goal scorer. Doesn’t need pace to be doing a good job. At least he can hold on the the ******* ball

Ya....JDT has to play a system with the players he has, he trying square pegs in round holes.

He needs 4 or 5 players and I think he will be lucky to get 2 more.

• Like 1

Szmodics was signed to do a specific job and that is work harder and cover more ground than Dack dropping in the middle.

He is doing that, all well and good but he has about a fifth of the quality of Dack so we see nothing going forwards.  

Can understand the drop back and pack the middle mentality again a footballing side away from home, Swansea being a good example.  Against powerhouse teams like today just conceding space to then is utterly pointless and counter productive that's the easiest home game they'll have all season.

Sunderland just up from the division below weren't strong enough but did a far better job on them than us.

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ya....JDT has to play a system with the players he has, he trying square pegs in round holes.

He needs 4 or 5 players and I think he will be lucky to get 2 more.

Yeah but tell me that any of those players have worked today and tell me why it’s not worth having a punt with someone who’s clinical in front of goal and can keep hold of the ball?

All very well saying JDT has this and that but no one has done anything to warrant their place in the team today I’m afraid. At 1-0 why not add him? I can understand in the first three games where we are leading but today after the Reading game was so important to get the next goal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Yeah but tell me that any of those players have worked today and tell me why it’s not worth having a punt with someone who’s clinical in front of goal and can keep hold of the ball?

All very well saying JDT has this and that but no one has done anything to warrant their place in the team today I’m afraid. At 1-0 why not add him? I can understand in the first three games where we are leading but today after the Reading game was so important to get the next goal

And it clearly wasn’t working going forward. Stevie Wonder could see that. So yeah yeah JDT has to deal with what he’s got but he had players he could have put on earlier for me. I think Morton has been good too and don’t understand why he’s not played more. I really like Buckley but he’s not looked right last two guys. Why not rotate and put Dack and Morton in and rest a couple others seeing as we had some many games in a short space of time. Doesn’t make sense to me when we’ve seen what we’ve seen for a game and a half 

How do we expect to compete against anyone with just two midfielders?

As for the forward line we play four but only one is capable and he doesn't want to get hurt.

Utter shambles and the manager needs to sort it or move on.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Wtf does this mean? Thinks he's still unfit?

Why didn't Bradley Dack come on?

I don’t think the game needed that. When you only have one more substitute moment, I didn’t want to end with 10 men. That was the issue

He had made 2 subs and those just a few minutes apart which was a waste of a 'moment'.

That doesn't make the above nonsense any easier to understand though.

I have no idea wtf he is on about. Garbage talk.

• Like 1

Take nothing away from their free kick though. Great strike. 

We don't have a player in our squad who could hit a free kick like that.

We looked all over the shop, some serious issues within that set up. The Ash Phillips block on the line was a result of some seriously awful organisation. Half of the players stepped out, a few stayed back leaving a giant hole in between, which a Sheff Utd player ran straight into, Szmodics just pointing at him and no one picking up the runner.

Yes we need players but jury is well and truly out on JDT.

• Like 2

Not Liking JDT brand of football … there is too much space given to opposition & we play so deep …  Swansea type games are very rare….We don’t even have an out …

Broughton is not helping the situation just waiting for players who might not even come here …..it’s like we only need defenders which isn’t the case …. 19 shots conceded vs Reading & 20 odd by Sheffield… and none by us …..shocking …

When the likes of Gallagher & Buckley and Pickering are undroppable you know your in the crap ……

How on Earth he can pick Vale last week and brings on Dolan instead of Dack says it all ….

Ask Greg was funny once upon a time but now just a farce ….Communication doesn’t cost anything …….

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Everyone apart from Chaddy was fully aware that we needed to strengthen the squad based on the players we lost. Also needed to do it by the start of the season and not by the end of the window.

Firstly Ricky I said I wanted 5 or 6 signings this summer. So your first point is wrong so please stop stirring the point and causing conflict on here.  Secondly when you want quality players sometimes you have to wait. Can't over paid for them. Don't want rush signings or average players. 

10 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Not Liking JDT brand of football … there is too much space given to opposition & we play so deep …  Swansea type games are very rare….We don’t even have an out …

Broughton is not helping the situation just waiting for players who might not even come here …..it’s like we only need defenders which isn’t the case …. 19 shots conceded vs Reading & 20 odd by Sheffield… and none by us …..shocking …

When the likes of Gallagher & Buckley and Pickering are undroppable you know your in the crap ……

How on Earth he can pick Vale last week and brings on Dolan instead of Dack says it all ….

Ask Greg was funny once upon a time but now just a farce ….Communication doesn’t cost anything …….

My worry is that JDT and GB don't have the nous about this league to make the most of the limited resources we have.  Time will tell of course.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly Ricky I said I wanted 5 or 6 signings this summer. So your first point is wrong so please stop stirring the point and causing conflict on here.  Secondly when you want quality players sometimes you have to wait. Can't over paid for them. Don't want rush signings or average players. 

I’d kill for a couple of average players right now. They’d certainly be a marked improvement on our bad ones.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Couldn't agree more.

I really want Gally to come good, he grafts, he helps his defence but he's as threatening as a neutered poodle.

Buckley has a load of talent and when the team are on top he looks a player. Problem is when you need him to step up against the better teams he hides. He'll never make it unless he finds some bottle to impose himself on games.

As for Pickering, signed from L1, destined to go back there. At best.

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Broughton is not helping the situation just waiting for players who might not even come here …..it’s like we only need defenders which isn’t the case …. 19 shots conceded vs Reading & 20 odd by Sheffield… and none by us …..shocking.

Google says last three games we've had 3 shots on target, our opponents have had 21.

Horrific. 

• Like 7