BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

18 mins left after the Phillips sub off, then SU score 2 in 6 mins to put us 3 down.

JDT had already created a potential problem by using 2 sub opportunities to bring just 2 new players on.

There is now just one sub opportunity remaining in which we could use up to 3 subs.

Instead after going 3 goals down and with just 11 mins remaining he decides to do fuck all, in case we get an injury.

So what if we do, we are already getting hammered, surely better to bring at least a proven goalscorer on and give it a go 

I think he just said the first thing that came to mind when asked about Dack, and only succeeded in making himself look a fool. Or he doesn't rate Dack at all and prefers the L1 SS who is so shit he gets subbed early. Unbelievable and distressingly naive.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Not disputing it, but who said it? 

Someone at the game said BBD in particular was shouting at them to get it going going quicker and signalling to the bench.

Nothing unusual in players getting frustrated but the fannying around at the back doesn't suit this team we've been through all this before.

Rich Sharpe on yesterday's match:-

'The limitations to the performances can easily be placed at the door of a lack of options, but supporters can still be disappointed with what they have witnessed.

Rovers were out-gunned, their shift to a back three gave them no out-ball and at times had the look of a 5-5-0.

It was very much a containing job, Lewis Travis going man-to-man on Sander Berge in the opening stages and with Sam Szmodics dropping in to mark Oliver Norwood, Rovers didn’t have an out-ball on the occasions they did win it back.

The players worked so hard off the ball that when they won it, the passes were safe, often ending up back at the feet of goalkeeper Thomas Kaminski, under pressure, which allowed the wave of United’s pressure to continue'

If Mowbray had gone to Sheff Utd to contain, fans would have been rightly furious. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Someone at the game said BBD in particular was shouting at them to get it going going quicker and signalling to the bench.

Nothing unusual in players getting frustrated but the fannying around at the back doesn't suit this team we've been through all this before.

Precisely. I fear the worst. 

JDT has everything to prove as a Head Coach. Being good with the media isn't enough. 

53 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:
Watched it a few times. Still no idea what he means right at the end when he gives his reasons for not bringing on Dack. Very, very odd. it's as if he's saying playing with Dack is like playing with 10 men.

Think he said the game didn't need it i.e. we had already lost so a needless risk.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Ayala was absolutely fuming multiple times yesterday, I can guarantee he's gonna get 'injured' soon if he doesn't get some better defenders around him.

Yes he was but I'm pretty certain it was about getting better midfielders in front of him.

Travis and Buckley is way to lightweight against any kind of physicality.

• Like 1

I've noticed JDT emphasise our "off the ball" work quite a bit recently. I can't help but feel this has been to the detriment of our actual "on the ball" work though.

Our passing in recent games has been shockingly bad. We've barely been able to string three passes together (ignoring the pointless stuff at the back) and it's a concern considering this is a manager who likes a possession based style of play. If we have been working intensively on shape, closing down space etc then the last two performances are not a good look for the manager at all.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I've noticed JDT emphasise our "off the ball" work quite a bit recently. I can't help but feel this has been to the detriment of our actual "on the ball" work though.

Our passing in recent games has been shockingly bad. We've barely been able to string three passes together (ignoring the pointless stuff at the back) and it's a concern considering this is a manager who likes a possession based style of play. If we have been working intensively on shape, closing down space etc then the last two performances are not a good look for the manager at all.

So easy to implement on one of the strongest teams in the Swedish league but not so easy on a threadbare championship side.

I feared this from the off and ignoring the 'bounce' of the first few as things settle down and we see this managers real style implemented i fear even more.

You have to fight fire with fire in this division there is no other way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Rich Sharpe on yesterday's match:-

'The limitations to the performances can easily be placed at the door of a lack of options, but supporters can still be disappointed with what they have witnessed.

Rovers were out-gunned, their shift to a back three gave them no out-ball and at times had the look of a 5-5-0.

It was very much a containing job, Lewis Travis going man-to-man on Sander Berge in the opening stages and with Sam Szmodics dropping in to mark Oliver Norwood, Rovers didn’t have an out-ball on the occasions they did win it back.

The players worked so hard off the ball that when they won it, the passes were safe, often ending up back at the feet of goalkeeper Thomas Kaminski, under pressure, which allowed the wave of United’s pressure to continue'

If Mowbray had gone to Sheff Utd to contain, fans would have been rightly furious. 

it was`nt even a containing job,the team shape was a shambles,giving the utd players space everywhere,i think jdt was very naive tbh,it was always going to be a tough game but the way the team was set up it was a suicide job,at least make it difficult by sticking to two banks of four,sit a bit deeper and try to catch them on the break

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Iv'e heard a few saying BBD and one or two others were very angry at the tactic of rolling it about at the back all the time.

Think there'll be an interesting team meeting on Monday.

gally was getting ***** off,he was signalling get the ball long,bbd was also shaking his head,hopefully it will be a charged team meeting on tuesday and that passing from the back will be stopped,sheff utd did to us what we did to swansea,which is a bit perverse as we were laughing at swansea tactics

• Like 1

Absolutely embarrassing performance yesterday, absolutely battered and offered nothing going forward.

Much of the blame goes to Broughton for simply selling the manager down the river with a lack of signings. We don't have a competitive squad, our squad wasn't big enough last season and we need not just a couple more but quite a few more.

That being said, from what he did have, Tomasson does warrant criticism for how he used it. He does not fancy Dack who is a marked improvement on who did play. He got his selection wrong, he again got his formation wrong and going forward we offer zilch.

I don't see the supposed game plan is about. Lots of talk about pressing, none of it in the first 5 games. We offer minimal attacking threat, Gallagher traipsing out wide still but not to the same levels of criticism, and none of this "fluid" attack that again is constantly mentioned.

Szmodics looks a poor player and a 3rd division player making his previous struggles at this level understandable and also shows why Peterborough fans thought they had such a good deal. Brereton and Gallagher both anonymous too.

Phillips is blatantly not ready, good goal line clearance but lots of hesitancy that once put them in and also once nearly caused him to nearly lose it in his own box. Ayala looked furious regularly at what he was going on around him. I thought Brittain was worse than Pickering but neither were good and Edun is simply not up to it.

Big questions as to whether it suits Buckley playing deeper, he can't seem to control games from there at all. Travis also struggled and against the best in the league he comes up short.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We played far too deep yesterday whether it was midfield 2 or back line. We need to further up the pitch. 

Surprised he didn't play 3 in centre midfielder to match them whether It has 5-3-2 or 4-3-3 formation. 

jdt was at fault yesterday with his team shape,he`s stated that he listens to his players,well lets hope he actually does

Currently we are buggered each time we take the field  ……

We play a left back who enables the opposition to cut us open and get behind …..we cannot defend his total in capability …

We are  very lightweight  in midfield ( Travis and particularly Buckley) have neither the experience nor guile to offer meaningful challenge to championship teams …overrun , out tackled , out thought ..

We have little if any creativity therefore scoring  opportunities are rare….

Until we sign an experienced, nasty midfielder , a left back who can defend , and a creative, intelligent forward …we can all forget about anything other than a relegation battle ….and I’ve not even mentioned a threadbare back 4 

I know , it is alleged, we have no money but we have to make signings this week or the gates will die after a bright start, JDT will view the choice to come here a  mistake , BBD will force through an out, Dack will continue to flounder,  the Mowbray lovers will be in heaven and we will continue to be told that the academy is the answer….IT IS NOT in the current situation ….these next few days are crucial in determining this club and its credibility…if only those upstairs cared as much as we do….

• Like 4

8 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I note this Idiot keeps popping up on my news feed on twitter. Very wrong he had some racist tweets, but come on, saying that's why he didnt get job is just laughable.

What has that wally ACHIEVED to think he would be a good choice for the job

Screenshot_20220821-122616_Twitter.thumb.jpg.a3566d9627f29c5335a68e6cdcd868bd.jpg

The fact that I know who this guy is speaks volumes about the absolute chaos that is and was the Venkys ownership of BRFC. 

"When they wanted me to be their manager in 2012/13".  This sounds like bollocks to me - what stopped him getting the job if Vs actually wanted him?  His salary demands or his expectation that a better opportunity would come along?

Bellend.  

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gally was getting ***** off,he was signalling get the ball long,bbd was also shaking his head,hopefully it will be a charged team meeting on tuesday and that passing from the back will be stopped,sheff utd did to us what we did to swansea,which is a bit perverse as we were laughing at swansea tactics

Maybe someone in the meeting might mention that every time Diaz and Gallagher got the ball they were completely shit with it.