BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

A week is a long time in football and that cliche has reared its ugly head this week.

From the euphoria of the WBA win and sitting pretty to two total none performances and heavy defeats.

We have been the hallmark of death spirals for the last couple of years, so the midweek cup match and home league match next week, are going to be crucial. I think JDT may well be out of his honeymoon period if we don’t reverse this in the next two games, so here is hoping we can.

7 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

So, is it the weak squad?  The management team?  Or both?

(Yes, I know the owners are to blame).

6 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Also is Mowbray still to blame? 

For what it’s worth I think all 3 are to blame. Mowbray left behind a piss poor squad, the owners/management structure allowed decent championship players to walk for gratis without replacing, the manager made tactical errors. 

• Like 5

Difficult to see how things have gone so far South in the space of just 6 days. Prior to that we looked fairly disciplined if not particularly inspired.

The last two games show how important Wharton is imo, our best defender by a country mile for me. 

JDT has been let down massively by Waggott and Broughton, he's inherited a squad that displayed relegation form in the second half of last season minus four of the better performers from the first eleven and numerous squad members and he's had next to no help. The season started on July 30th not August 31st.

It also looks like we've had our pants well and truly pulled down by Peterborough on Szmodics to me.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Difficult to see how things have gone so far South in the space of just 6 days. Prior to that we looked fairly disciplined if not particularly inspired.

The last two games show how important Wharton is imo, our best defender by a country mile for me. 

JDT has been let down massively by Waggott and Broughton, he's inherited a squad that displayed relegation form in the second half of last season minus four of the better performers from the first eleven and numerous squad members and he's had next to no help. The season started on July 30th not August 31st.

It also looks like we've had our pants well and truly pulled down by Peterborough on Szmodics to me.

And cornholed

Form and recruitment since last January has been about as poor as any point in the last 50 years. The manager can’t employ tactics to hade the fact we’re we lost 8 first team players from last season and have only brought in 3. 

FFS we’re currently starting a 17 year old amateur at center half. And he’s not even the worst of our problems!  

We got two new signings from league one...... lost three players who was integral first team players and we are 1 p from being top playing three away games this season....

not the easiest task... think the owners have to back the management team NOW

2 minutes ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

I’ve been telling myself we’ll be much more competitive when we bring in some more players. However, if they’re of Szmodics standard then that really is a worry. Other than the obvious need for CBs we are in dire need of a centre mid who can actually put his foot on the ball and dictate play.

What’s more worrying is that Dack is either seen as, or not as good as, Szmodics.  It’s hard to believe he’s behind such a poor player 

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

We got two new signings from league one...... lost three players who was integral first team players and we are 1 p from being top playing three away games this season.... also JPVH and Khadra had an impact in the first team and they havent been replaced more than Morton replacing Clarkson...

not the easiest task... think the owners have to back the management team NOW

4 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I’d guess there’s 75 or more frees that would be a massive improvement over all but a handful of our current squad. 

I'd say tactical naivety and poor application by the players was the biggest difference today just as it was in midweek.

If we'd gone toe to toe and lost you can maybe point to the difference in quality because of budget. Not throwing a punch or laying a glove for the second game in succession suggests there is a bit more to it.

• Like 9