BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

38 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Lose 10 players and bring in 3 of which 1 is only deemed good enough for the bench and the jury is out on the other 2 then what do you expect?

I'll give JDT the benefit of the doubt for the time being but the big risk is he will get seriously p1ssed-off unless GB, Waggott and V's get their act together very feckin quickly.

Merc don't forget JDT was turned down for the Hibs job..

He was nowhere the number one choice here

But at the moment hes playing with the hand hes been dealt so benefit of the doubt for now

The problem is the Vs and has been since they rocked up

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Difficult to blame JDT, you can’t contest a season with 70% of a squad. I think he’s just trying to cope through this.

The other view is that teams like B/pool have worse squads than us and aren't capitulating twice in a week. I'd suggest this is more that just about the quality of the players. 

5 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

It's not the player's fault, but can we please have some comment from the Edun fanclub, who along with JDT, and based on his recent performances, have seen enough to start him today. 

I don't agree that JDT had no choice. 

If JDT got all the plaudits in the 1st 4 games......?

Edun has been utter dog shit aside from that little spell in central midfield. However, Pickering had made him look like Paolo Maldini comparatively.

• Like 1

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

The other view is that teams like B/pool have worse squads than us and aren't capitulating twice in a week. I'd suggest this is more that just about the quality of the players. 

Are Blackpool playing with a 17 year old and Pickering at the back?

While I don't think realistically we are at threat of relegation (assuming we sign a couple of players and keep/replace BBD) we are looking very mid table.

A big miss I think is Rothwell, and not just for his running from deep. He also covered a lot of ground and became quite effective defensively last season. Our midfielders struggle to cover enough ground.

Also I hate writing players off but I just don't see what Sammie gives us that Dolan didn't already.

At least the penny has dropped with Buckley for a few on here and more seem comfortable in expressing how poor he has been and it's not seen as blasphemy to criticise him. Our problems all stem from a powderpuff midfield and a horror left back situation. 

Officially very worried about where this season is going. Looked like relegation fodder 2 games on the bounce. 

People moaning about transfers have been belittled previously but it's beyond embarrassing we've been forced to blood a 17 year old at centre back. Pickering lookes miles out of his depth too. 

There's just no pressure on players as in most positions there's no competition for places. 

Up front we look toothless. 1 shot on target in nearly 180 minutes. 

Broughton needs to earn his coin asap. 

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yeah, the point 100% is the lack of players. Less than 100% of a squad.