BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

28 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Wtf does this mean? Thinks he's still unfit?

Why didn't Bradley Dack come on?

I don’t think the game needed that. When you only have one more substitute moment, I didn’t want to end with 10 men. That was the issue

I think he means he didn’t want to use the last substitute in case we get an injury and finish with 10. 
Still strange regarding Dack

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Frustrating because I don’t see Dack as being a poor player now. And look how we played today and Wednesday. No press so no idea how Dack isn’t playing. He’s quality on the ball and he’s a natural goal scorer. Doesn’t need pace to be doing a good job. At least he can hold on the the ******* ball

We could have usain bolt speed up top and it wouldn’t have mattered. If no one can connect a pass or move into space it doesn’t matter. Szmodics so far has sone nothing to retain his place. Surely Dack should be given an opportunity.  It’s the only position on the pitch we have alternatives to try 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Wtf does this mean? Thinks he's still unfit?

Why didn't Bradley Dack come on?

I don’t think the game needed that. When you only have one more substitute moment, I didn’t want to end with 10 men. That was the issue

FFS.  If we had 15 on we would have continued to be run ragged. Finishing with 10 wouldn’t have changed a thing. 

• Like 1

Well 3 days feels like a very long time in football. I think it is way way way too early to panic and freak out the transfer window is still open and players will come in.

the issue is the style of football that JDT is trying to implement requires flexibility within the squad and the ability to rotate. Klopp who does a high press frequently rotates his squad to ensure the players remain fresh. To me there is no doubt that the players already fatigue due to the demands this new style has. Personally, we do need new legs. I would argue someone like Pickering needs someone like Styles come in to allow Edun to fight for midfield. To me we desperately need someone to cover for Buckley. Bucko just seems knackered and slow to me at the moment. Dacks moment will come not worried about that. I felt like he was still not 100% fit. Smozdic no issue with him yet my main criticism he hasn’t had any service to be able to judge him on much. 

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

I thought he meant that too.

That’s how I interpreted it seems like anything is mentioned about Dack and this forum goes into meltdown. I would add when we won 4 games in a row the same people who are saying he should be getting games are the same one who said his career is over with us when we were winning. Changing directions quicker than a boomerang 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

And it clearly wasn’t working going forward. Stevie Wonder could see that. So yeah yeah JDT has to deal with what he’s got but he had players he could have put on earlier for me. I think Morton has been good too and don’t understand why he’s not played more. I really like Buckley but he’s not looked right last two guys. Why not rotate and put Dack and Morton in and rest a couple others seeing as we had some many games in a short space of time. Doesn’t make sense to me when we’ve seen what we’ve seen for a game and a half 

Or at sone point decide playing without a center forward isn’t working. Change the formation. Put Gally central, Markanday and Diaz wide, Dack in behind. The last two matches proved we had no ability to get forward against a quality side in the current set up. 

• Like 1

Far too early to be questioning JDT and his suitability to the job. He and GB are trying to shape the first team to play a totally different way to that of the last 5 years, with a mainly inherited squad, and one that’s been massively depleted from the one they inherited. 

GB asked for a few windows in his first interview and for patience. A change like this won’t happen in 5 games. 

This was always going to be a transition season with teething problems. We haven’t even got to the end of the first window yet, as long as we’re not knocking around the relegation spots later in the season we just have to be patient. 

• Like 3

Someone mention relegation 😂

I suggest the club takes that threat seriously. We finished last season in relegation form, then saw a host of players decent players leave who we know were of championship standard, who we knew could perform in that league. Maybe they weren’t PL standard maybe they weren’t top championship level,  but they weren’t out of their depth at any point.

Replacements so far consist of two division one players. Continue down that route and division one football is a certainty. Not a possibility, a downright certainty.

Action is vital and needed in what’s left of this window. Will there be known championship quality players available before the end of this window? I wish I thought so. Young kids on loan from PL sides who want their youngsters to get game time is the likelihood but not what we need. I know we got Harvey Elliott in who was a good signing, but we’ve had a lot of these players over the years and not too many of them make a huge difference.

Alarm bells ringway very loudly for me.

• Like 4

Just now, Jaybes said:

Far too early to be questioning JDT and his suitability to the job. He and GB are trying to shape the first team to play a totally different way

Horse Shit.

Anyone with eyes can see that Vale and Dolan cannot start a Championship game, and with Pickering being useless and the poor Phillips being treated as a child slave, that's nearly half the outfield.....I'd say that JDT has to own that if he's owning the first 3 games.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, booth said:

I thought he meant that too.

He had messed up by doing single player substitutions twice leaving just one 'moment' available. I hope he now knows the rules.

Doesn't explain not using the remaining availability, the team in no. 1 after all.

A lame lame excuse.

To clarify: clubs will be permitted to use five substitutions, to be made on three occasions during a match, with an additional opportunity at half-time. A total of nine substitutes can be named on the team sheet.”

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

And it clearly wasn’t working going forward. Stevie Wonder could see that. So yeah yeah JDT has to deal with what he’s got but he had players he could have put on earlier for me. I think Morton has been good too and don’t understand why he’s not played more. I really like Buckley but he’s not looked right last two guys. Why not rotate and put Dack and Morton in and rest a couple others seeing as we had some many games in a short space of time. Doesn’t make sense to me when we’ve seen what we’ve seen for a game and a half 

Perhaps JDT is saving our best team and system, for the cup game !

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Horse Shit.

Anyone with eyes can see that Vale and Dolan cannot start a Championship game, and with Pickering being useless and the poor Phillips being treated as a child slave, that's nearly half the outfield.....I'd say that JDT has to own that if he's owning the first 3 games.

If he excluded everyone you have previously stated is useless we’d struggle getting 11 players on the pitch.

A coach’s job is to develop and improve the players he has at his disposal. He won’t do that overnight and he certainly won’t do that without giving those players gametime 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, den said:

Someone mention relegation 😂

I suggest the club takes that threat seriously. We finished last season in relegation form, then saw a host of players decent players leave who we know were of championship standard, who we knew could perform in that league. Maybe they weren’t PL standard maybe they weren’t top championship level,  but they weren’t out of their depth at any point.

Replacements so far consist of two division one players. Continue down that route and division one football is a certainty. Not a possibility, a downright certainty.

Action is vital and needed in what’s left of this window. Will there be known championship quality players available before the end of this window? I wish I thought so. Young kids on loan from PL sides who want their youngsters to get game time is the likelihood but not what we need. I know we got Harvey Elliott in who was a good signing, but we’ve had a lot of these players over the years and not too many of them make a huge difference.

Alarm bells ringway very loudly for me.

That could be Tinitus

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Horse Shit.

He has to rotate due to the fast influx of games so I understand the swap & change. I agree about vale 1000% as whoever was at the QPR game could tell he isn’t cut out…Howveer…JDT literally has no other options. The whole point of all this is squad depth. We have none! 

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

I think the primary aspect to his job is winning games.

Of course it is. But it’s not as easy as just rocking up and winning every game you look at. If you want a team that produces regular, sustained wins and progression over the long-term you have to forward-plan and build that over time. 

Not dismissing the importance of maintaining results short term, that’s why I said we should remain patient as long as we’re not knocking around the drop zone later in the season

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaybes said:

Of course it is. But it’s not as easy as just rocking up and winning every game you look at. If you want a team that produces regular, sustained wins and progression over the long-term you have to forward-plan and build that over time. 

Not dismissing the importance of maintaining results short term, that’s why I said we should remain patient as long as we’re not knocking around the drop zone later in the season

I think the contrast of winning 4 games on the trott to then conceding 6 goals in 2 games without conceding doesn’t help.