BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 3/9/22

12 minutes ago, BigBar said:

As fans we tell ourselves that this player is good and that our manager is good and it's purely a coping mechanism. In truth we have alot of shite. A new signing comes and we tell ourselves they are great, an academy graduate gets a game and we find any reason to praise because we desperate. Venkys made us desperate, we were attracting champions League winners, premier League winners, established internationals. We were an attractive club and had great squads in the not so distant past. Now we are bickering, myself included, over the Pickerings, Buckley's, Dolan's of the world. They are not good enough and they are not the only ones. Ewood is a revolving door of 6/10 players coming and going. No plan, no pride and no heart from the owners and board.

We need massive improvement and investment and we deserve it, just drifting around in midtable obscurity and worse for over a decade. It's so disheartening and deflating.

Absolutely bang on. Great post.

• Like 1

Our first touch and passing was horrendous today. Bristol took full advantage by scoring 2 goals on the counter which pretty much sunk us. 

Team is completely unbalanced with 3 of our first choice back 4 out. It’s the same issues we had last season as soon as a few injuries were picked up. 

15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

We're 3-2 down. So what the fuck does kaminski do? He rolls out to the defender. No urgency.  Boot the f*cking thing down the line

90 per cent chance it goes straight out of play. An appalling kicker of the ball in all scenarios.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

We are left in a limbo situation.  We got rid of a dinosaur manager but because of how weak the squad is, jdt can't fix it because there's not enough funds to revamp the squad.  Venkys won't put in enough capital to bring in the sort of players jdt needs to do the job properly so he's asking players to do some they are not good enough to do. We are in a never ending cycle of mediocrity.  I'm backing jdt to come good but that will take at least a full season. But that's another season we are stuck going nowhere.  Venkys selling the club is the answer but they won't relinquish their hold on the club.  I really don't see how we are going to move forward. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Conceding too many goals, only going to lead one way. 

Worrying times.

It’s a makeshift defence and think we would be a lot more solid with the missing players back.

Some severe over reactions on here again today. We are inconsistent, but are NOT relegation material 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BigBar said:

As fans we tell ourselves that this player is good and that our manager is good and it's purely a coping mechanism. In truth we have alot of shite. A new signing comes and we tell ourselves they are great, an academy graduate gets a game and we find any reason to praise because we desperate. Venkys made us desperate, we were attracting champions League winners, premier League winners, established internationals. We were an attractive club and had great squads in the not so distant past. Now we are bickering, myself included, over the Pickerings, Buckley's, Dolan's of the world. They are not good enough and they are not the only ones. Ewood is a revolving door of 6/10 players coming and going. No plan, no pride and no heart from the owners and board.

We need massive improvement and investment and we deserve it, just drifting around in midtable obscurity and worse for over a decade. It's so disheartening and deflating.

Got to agree,watching some of the mid table Premier league teams like Wolves or Southampton,they're never going to challenge for a title but after us being out of the top league for the last decade we are now light years behind even that dross in the league above.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BigBar said:

To be successful in football, you need to have the wherewithal to spend money hand over fist, and be willing not to see any return on that money, at least not immediately. 

Turns out, to get relegated twice and generally be total shit and hopeless, with venkys it takes similar amounts of money. Who knew? What would they have to write off in order to make a success of the club? 

Disheartening and deflating? Ain't that the truth. The first thing these clueless twats will get right is when they put the club up for sale. But when will they? We live in hope, but not expectation

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 5

Crikey no real words to describe what I sat through today. Very odd tactics (whatever they were). Not signing a right back could be a massive mistake, without Travis in midfield theres absolutely no steel. Did Morton make a single tackle today?? Pickering was pulled apart, again, and I’m not entirely sure what Jack Vale actually does or is capable of doing. Very poor day at the office.

14 minutes ago, superniko said:

I’m often a critic of the man but we’re also missing Gallagher.

Dolan the best player for us on the pitch. Deserves to hold his place.

Replacing Dack and Hedges at half time a proper head scratcher. Wharton and Hirst the two to come off for me and move Travis into the middle.

Glad we have 12 points thanks to that 3 game start or I’d be seriously worried about relegation. 

If Mowbray had made any of those subs he would rightly have been torn a new one.

We had no functioning midfield. No tackling, no aggression and minimal passing ability.

Dolan our best player ....well that about sums this crap up.

• Like 4

Just now, lraC said:

It’s a makeshift defence and think we would be a lot more solid with the missing players back.

Some severe over reactions on here again today. We are inconsistent, but are NOT relegation material 

I don't think the defence is entirely the problem - there are huge gaps on the transition. That won't change even with new personnel in the defence.

I do agree that we're not relegation material, we'll be around mid table. Is mid table championship and getting battered by teams like Bristol City and Reading good enough though?

I can accept the occasional thrashing, bet we're getting well beat most weeks at the moment. 

As quite a few of us have said for a few weeks, the midfield is the big problem at the moment. 

• Like 3

Manager needs time to put his stamp on the side, introduce his style and system.

But if he thinks a European style of slow building from the back will work in this league, we’ll be relegated by February.

Keep the faith, a long way to go.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I was expecting to see jdt shouting, ranting at them from the dugout.  He sat there, Mowbray style looking down.  Contrast that to Pearson who was ranting and raving at every misplaced pass 

I put it down to JDT being in shock

I gave up trying to predict what sort of performance and result we would get from a Rovers team from one week to the next years ago.

Inconsistency is in our DNA.

I can't get over Dolan being rated our best performer today, scary. A lot of running, a goal and an assist cover up the blind alleys. Still he did look better than the asleep BBD.

Edun, a game changer late sub ..... fuck this, I will stop now.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lraC said:

Won 4 lost 4 plus 2 league cup wins. Very inconsistent season so far. 

The first three games it looks to me were a new manager bounce. 

It's only just turned September, so I don't want to start extrapolating a season from the last five games. But if you put a gun to my head I'd say we've had a new manager bounce and are now falling to pieces. 

I'm trying to overcome my natural cynicism and give them a chance but after twelve years of nonsense, I'm finding it hard. Certainly though at Christmas we'll have a much clearer picture 👍 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They literally scored two sucker-punch goals on the break and a third where the ref had blown his whistle before the ball crossed the line.

Wharton looked tired today, so did a lot of our players - thats where the lack of depth comes into play.

Disappointing result, I thought we were good enough for a draw, but that's the Championship for you - Bristol City are built for it - big, strong, allowed to kick lumps out of you and look to hit you on the break. Mid-table mediocrity beckons for them.

Mid table mediocrity? Sounds like sour grapes. City are not a particularly big side and they played through Rovers. They won't get promoted, but they looked very good today. And their first two goals were not sucker punch, at all.

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I don't think the defence is entirely the problem - there are huge gaps on the transition. That won't change even with new personnel in the defence.

I do agree that we're not relegation material, we'll be around mid table. Is mid table championship and getting battered by teams like Bristol City and Reading good enough though?

I can accept the occasional thrashing, bet we're getting well beat most weeks at the moment. 

As quite a few of us have said for a few weeks, the midfield is the big problem at the moment. 

We were pretty solid in the first 3 games with Wharton and Ayala in the middle. Travis will add a bit more bite in midfield, when we get Brittain back. Everyone is quite rightly disappointed tonight, but think we can get this right, once the injured players are back. Still sixth and a win next week, would still represent a decent start. 

• Backroom

Pleased for Dolan to get a great goal and assist but sounds like that’s where any positives stop 

Seem’s that goal and assist gone unmentioned by his critics mind 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, broadsword said:

The first three games it looks to me were a new manager bounce. 

It's only just turned September, so I don't want to start extrapolating a season from the last five games. But if you put a gun to my head I'd say we've had a new manager bounce and are now falling to pieces. 

I'm trying to overcome my natural cynicism and give them a chance but after twelve years of nonsense, I'm finding it hard. Certainly though at Christmas we'll have a much clearer picture 👍 

I agree that we need to wait until Christmas. I can see an up and down season and hope we can be around the play offs for most of it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Pleased for Dolan to get a great goal and assist but sounds like that’s where any positives stop 

Seem’s that goal and assist gone unmentioned by his critics mind 

I’m delighted for the lad. Shame his contribution counted for nothing in the end. 

• Like 1