BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I cannot understand why the Dutch didn't stay with what worked and play it long to the Dingle. Really stupid by the fool van Whathisname.

They quite literally played about 17 of the 120 minutes, and that was good old route one football. The rest of the match, including extra time, they did absolutely nothing. No clear game plan, no chances created, no tempo, no tackling (unless you count repeated fouls, in which case sure), nada. They made Spain look exciting in comparison. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

That photo shows why no one should support the likes of Argentina. Van Gaal has questions to answer about that poor Dutch performance - why did they only start playing when they went 2-0 down and then retreat back into their shells in extra time? Hopefully Croatia will wipe the smiles off those scumbag Argentinian faces, Messi included

• Like 2

England has to take this chance. We will never ever get an opportunity like this again. No Germany no Brazil no Italy no Spain potentially no France. There's no chance Brazil Spain Germany Italy will be this bad again. We have a golden opportunity to win it as I don't think if we can get past France there are any teams to fear.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

That photo shows why no one should support the likes of Argentina. Van Gaal has questions to answer about that poor Dutch performance - why did they only start playing when they went 2-0 down and then retreat back into their shells in extra time? Hopefully Croatia will wipe the smiles off those scumbag Argentinian faces, Messi included

Messi referred that game, it was pathetic to watch the Spaniard kissing Messi's arse. He blinked, he got a foul.

• Like 1

The Messi dislike on here is mad. How much some try to downplay his ability is just confusing. Yes he walks around but literally every move Argentina make of any quality comes through him. He is absolutely carrying an extremely average team through this world cup.

His assist for the first was one of the best assists I've ever seen. Forget about a player hitting a peach of a pass with the outside of their boot when they've got all the time in the world. He saw the run of the full back a full couple of seconds prior to playing it and calculated where he'd be at the time he made the pass. He'd just dribbled past a couple of players, was under pressure and it was a no-look pass. 

He won them the game... again. Someone said he's got his zimmer frame out. 100% true, yet he's still winning games for the Argies all by himself. Statistically he's one behind Mbappe for goal involvements and has created 16 chances so far this world cup, the most of any player in the tournament. Messi haters simple do not know football. Ronaldo is not and never has been fit to lace Messi's boots. 

One other point, Messi was part of the great Guardiola Barca team who were famous for buzzing around their opponents like a swarm of bees as soon as they lost the ball. He's old now. He can't do that any more. But this old dude who's legs have gone is still single handedly winning games with repeated moments of magic, even with his zimmer frame.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

The Messi dislike on here is mad. How much some try to downplay his ability is just confusing. Yes he walks around but literally every move Argentina make of any quality comes through him. He is absolutely carrying an extremely average team through this world cup.

His assist for the first was one of the best assists I've ever seen. Forget about a player hitting a peach of a pass with the outside of their boot when they've got all the time in the world. He saw the run of the full back a full couple of seconds prior to playing it and calculated where he'd be at the time he made the pass. He'd just dribbled past a couple of players, was under pressure and it was a no-look pass. 

He won them the game... again. Someone said he's got his zimmer frame out. 100% true, yet he's still winning games for the Argies all by himself. Statistically he's one behind Mbappe for goal involvements and has created 16 chances so far this world cup, the most of any player in the tournament. Messi haters simple do not know football. Ronaldo is not and never has been fit to lace Messi's boots. 

One other point, Messi was part of the great Guardiola Barca team who were famous for buzzing around their opponents like a swarm of bees as soon as they lost the ball. He's old now. He can't do that any more. But this old dude who's legs have gone is still single handedly winning games with repeated moments of magic, even with his zimmer frame.

I don't hate messi. Hes been an incredible player I just don’t like Argentina.  They're so overhyped.  They're the epitome of a one man team 

• Like 1

It boils my piss when they ask Rio Ferdinand, Neville, Gerrard, Lampard about their perspective on what the players will feel like. This was a golden generation of players, who should have won it, but subsequently admitted couldn’t give a toss about England and could really put club rivalries aside in the dressing room.

“How would they be feeling right now Rio?” “well if they’re anything like me they’d prefer to be sat in Carrington.”

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, matt83 said:

It boils my piss when they ask Rio Ferdinand, Neville, Gerrard, Lampard about their perspective on what the players will feel like. This was a golden generation of players, who should have won it, but subsequently admitted couldn’t give a toss about England and could really put club rivalries aside in the dressing room.

“How would they be feeling right now Rio?” “well if they’re anything like me they’d prefer to be sat in Carrington.”

Ferdinand has never been the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I cannot understand why the Dutch didn't stay with what worked and play it long to the Dingle. Really stupid by the fool van Whathisname.

Another manager being too smart for his own good. The Argentines were rattled and couldn't handle the big Dutchmen and long balls so what does the manager do? He goes back to the Dutch Disease football of inane, pointless passing and hands the initiative back to Argentina.

You reap what you sow sometimes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He's always walked around the pitch because he finds space that way - then he puts on the turbo chargers with the ball at his feet. One of the 2 or 3 greatest players of all time.

Leave him in space and unmarked, which the Dutch did, and he's a danger even at walking pace with turbo long gone.

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

17 yellows and a late red given by a ref who booked a Dutch player who was run into by Messi who them fell over crying and holding his face.

There were 12 Spanish speaking mates onfield at any given time.

Bent as a nine bob note.

He was absolutely terrible in equal measure for both sides.

11 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Will Southgate go if we lose ?

It's been reported that FA want Southgate to stay on. I think Southgate regardless of tonight results. He has proven his worth to the team and should stay on until the World cup 2026 in USA, Canada and Mexico. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I think an interesting question would be if Southgate leaves (he won’t do) would any top half premier league team take a punt of him. 

I think Spurs might do if Conte leaves at the season if he doesn't get backing he wants. 

If Southgate does leave I think he will decide himself. The FA want him to stay on and so do I.