BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Did the humor bypass, leave a scar ?

In the context of the post you replied to, it wasn’t extreme enough for me to believe certain posters wouldn’t genuinely say it in defence of JDT !

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I still think Mola has shown for the U21s that he has something. The step up to the first team seems to be too much for him at this time. Perhaps he is a future championship player. I will stick to my feeling that he is best as a left sided midfield player

Really surprised by that response from what (little) Ive seen of Mola. What have you seen that makes you think he's best as a left sided midfielder?

11 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Really surprised by that response from what (little) Ive seen of Mola. What have you seen that makes you think he's best as a left sided midfielder?

Agreed. You have to be able to pass the ball to play left midfield don’t you??

6 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Playing for the U21s Mola has been used as a center-half, he gets drawn out of position and ends up on the left side of midfield. When he is in that position he is very successful. He is aggressive, strong in the tackle, reasonably good in the air. All this said it is only at U21s level, as I stated I think the move up to Championship is too much for him at present time. I wouldn't rule it out for the future. The big question is can we afford to take the risk ? 

31 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Clearly not judging by the fact he names JDT and his “knowledge of the position “ immediately before.

Gonna hazard a guess that JDT had never heard of George Hirst until a week before we signed him. I highly doubt he was chomping at the bit all summer to get him in like Gregg is trying to make out.

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

Not always, what you have to do is win your battle. You then give a simple ball to one of your players who can find a pass.

Fair enough if you think you’ve seen enough in him for that role. Speaking subjectively he’s looked barely good enough for league one to me, in any position

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Three overriding principles for me in this window.

We do not want any 'back up' players for the likes of Pickering etc - Pickering himself barely ticks the boxes.  We DO NOT need mere squad fillers.

We do not want loans like Morton, Hirst or Mola who have contributed little and blocked the progress of our own talents (as Morton has) or are utterly hopeless (Hirst and Mola).  Only loan players I would consider are those you can almost guarantee would be majorly beneficial to our team eg the likes of Harvey Elliott.  I would take Rothwell back in a heartbeat if we could (a class act at this level, makes things happen and  exciting to watch) - feck what Travis thinks, IMO,  he's useless and dispensable.

We only sign players who will command a place in the team and significantly improve it eg Hyam.  That is the only way we will move forward.

Pickering ticks plenty of boxes and we do need a back up if Edun goes. 

Morton contributed plenty since he joined here. Good passes, great in tight situations with the ball at his feet. When he plays well Rovers played well. 

On your Rothwell thing, he couldn't wait to leave and you are forgetting that he and his family wanted to move back down south for family reasons. 

8 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Wouldn’t want simms , slow and cumbersome 

Simms ain't slow. His finish against us shown quick feet and brain. 

Not saying he the right player to sign for striker area. 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Markanday, through the middle, not as a wide striker.

He ain't a striker either. He plays from the right of the 3 behind main striker or right of a front 3.

57 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think anyone expecting cash to be spent on permanent signings, particularly 'proven' calibre players or foreigners, is in for a disappointing window.

Someone like Rothwell would require a hefty contribution by Rovers towards his weekly wage which will stand at upwards of £20,000. 

What I'm expecting is perhaps another investment type signing along the lines of Markandy, Szmodics, Hyam - that being someone who has done well at the lower levels available for a reasonable price - and then perhaps a shuffle around on the loans. If we look at what we did last January I'm expecting similar - small amount of money spent back then on Hedges and Markandy, Giles on loan - that sort of business.

We shouldn't foreign players from overseas when Players from Scandinavia are out of contract or loans from Germany or Belgium?  

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Morton contributed plenty since he joined here. Good passes, great in tight situations with the ball at his feet. When he plays well Rovers played well. 

On your Rothwell thing, he couldn't wait to leave and you are forgetting that he and his family wanted to move back down south for family reasons. 

He ain't a striker either. He plays from the right of the 3 behind main striker or right of a front 3.

We shouldn't foreign players from overseas when Players from Scandinavia are out of contract or loans from Germany or Belgium?  

Erm...Brexit

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Alan Nixon is reporting that Blackburn Rovers are interested in Palace right winger Malcolm Ebiowei

Doesn't fill you with excitement really does it. Another teenager.

Simms looks like an ideal fit to me. Proper target man, links up play, scored goals regularly where-ever he has gone. But I doubt he is coming here... why would Everton sell such a promising looking player for a relatively low amount of money? Would they really rate bringing in Diaz as worth letting go of a promising young player plus cash.

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

He made a big impression at Derby last season which led to his move to Palace. Whenever I watched him on the box last season he impressed me 

I'll reserve judgement until he has a few games for us (if he does), just saying I'm not overly thrilled with it on paper. But if he's quick and can control the ball he's an upgrade on playing Gallagher there!

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Simms looks like an ideal fit to me. Proper target man, links up play, scored goals regularly where-ever he has gone. But I doubt he is coming here... why would Everton sell such a promising looking player for a relatively low amount of money? Would they really rate bringing in Diaz as worth letting go of a promising young player plus cash.

Just done a bit of reading up... I haven't been following the Premier League much. Sounds like Everton are all over the show with no money and desperate for a striker, so selling Simms to buy a striker could be on the cards. That or just giving Simms a go in the Prem. Hmm...

19 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Erm...Brexit

You can still players from Foreign clubs as long as they get enough Work permit points. Players Rakip, Berget, etc do. 

8 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Doesn't fill you with excitement really does it. Another teenager.

He brings pace and ball carrying skills. 

Watch this MALCOLM EBIOWEI - Unreal Skills, Goals & Assists - 2022 - YouTube

or this https://twitter.com/HenshawAnalysis/status/1529522694160404480?s=20&t=EPeqT0TXHqtLE3SYzceOvg

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Maybe its Rovers who want Simms in any BBD deal with Everton. Also BBD would make an impact now whilst I don't think Simms is ready for their first team. 

15 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I'll reserve judgement until he has a few games for us (if he does), just saying I'm not overly thrilled with it on paper. But if he's quick and can control the ball he's an upgrade on playing Gallagher there!

I thought the same but if you look him up, videos etc he looks very good. For his age anyway.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I watched him for hearts last season, slow and shite