BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

And all this klopp rates him, Dortmund are after him etc. What matters is what we see him doing. Not what could or might happen. I hope more than anyone he improves and has a better output. The manager clearly rates him or there is an agreement in place over how much he has to play. I can't see him him leaving so let's hope he kicks on.

We needed numbers and he has plugged a gap in our midfield. I think we should be focusing our attention on players who are going to come in and better the team. Not just plug gaps. Like in my opinion mola, hirst and Morton have done. Hyam has been class and what a great singing at a good price. Let's hope for more of the same. Either permanent or on loan.

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I personally don't mind Morton. I think he's decent enough on his day, but has a tendency to drift out of games and lose the ball in dangerous positions.

He's no better than Wharton though, yet Wharton is one of ours and should start over Morton for that reason (IMO).

I don't think any of our midfield options - Morton/Wharton/Garrett/Travis/Buckley - are strong enough or consistently good enough (yet) for a side chasing the play offs. To push for a top 6 spot, an additional, solid midfielder, is a necessity.

That is exactly my point surely it would be more beneficial to give our own prospects the game time. Or at least more of it than someone who we could improve and then send back to his club. If he was pulling up trees or an established player then obviously it'd be different. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So why are Dortmund looking to sign him then? 

If they were, do you honestly believe he would be at Rovers?  It would be like Rovers loaning Brereton to Accie!

I'll have a £50 bet with you that next season, Morton is playing no higher than Championship football.  Loser pays to charity of winner's choice?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

And all this klopp rates him, Dortmund are after him etc. What matters is what we see him doing. Not what could or might happen. I hope more than anyone he improves and has a better output. The manager clearly rates him or there is an agreement in place over how much he has to play. I can't see him him leaving so let's hope he kicks on.

We needed numbers and he has plugged a gap in our midfield. I think we should be focusing our attention on players who are going to come in and better the team. Not just plug gaps. Like in my opinion mola, hirst and Morton have done. Hyam has been class and what a great singing at a good price. Let's hope for more of the same. Either permanent or on loan.

If Klopp highly rated him, he wouldn't be on loan here at 20 years old, he'd be in their squad, especially given CM is probably their lightest area.

Elliott 19 years old, Carvalho 20 years old, Jones 21 years old all featuring regularly for them now on the highest stage.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think if he's on £4.5k a week at a PL club he needs to find himself a new agent. I think Waggott is on well over that. 

If the claims are true and we were offering to make Lenihan the top earner and we are paying Ayala a large whack it makes no sense to anyone that Van Hecke is on that at Brighton and is out of contract soon.

How much of Poveda's wage did we pay? I've no idea. Are Blackpool on a similar deal? Unlikely given they don't spend much money.

Van Hecke signed his contract near 4 year ago at Brighton.Brighton wouldn't have been giving him big money when he signed.

Do you really believe we would have been the only championship club to make on offer for Tyler Morton?

Khadra has been recalled by Brighton due to not playing enough and no way should we have been giving any guarantees of gametime to sign him.

10 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Morton is very very similar to Buckley for me. Almost identical players really who sit relatively deep and tick the game over, and try to find the right through balls on the half turn... Adam Wharton is also similar is maybe a bit more of an attacking mid who will end up as a number 10.

Anyway - if Morton became unavailable (Liverpool recall him, or he gets an injury/suspension) I don't really think we would see much improvement or deterioration by having two out of Buckley/Garrett/A Wharton in there. In the few games where Morton hasn't been in the side - such as last weekend - I haven't been sitting there thinking "what we really need is Morton on the pitch..."

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, superniko said:

If Klopp highly rated him, he wouldn't be on loan here at 20 years old, he'd be in their squad, especially given CM is probably their lightest area.

Elliott 19 years old, Carvalho 20 years old, Jones 21 years old all featuring regularly for them now on the highest stage.

He was in their squad last season on multiple occasions.

Including important matches Spurs away springs to mind 

He hasn't had a season of regular football at Senior level when he was let out they had a multitude of players fit and in front of him.

Hasn't been amazing and has had his share of poor games but he will be a top league player, league one is laughable 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I personally don't mind Morton. I think he's decent enough on his day, but has a tendency to drift out of games and lose the ball in dangerous positions.

He's no better than Wharton though, yet Wharton is one of ours and should start over Morton for that reason (IMO).

I don't think any of our midfield options - Morton/Wharton/Garrett/Travis/Buckley - are strong enough or consistently good enough (yet) for a side chasing the play offs. To push for a top 6 spot, an additional, solid midfielder, is a necessity.

Only issue i have with Morton is the first name on the team sheet stuff because of the loan agreement probably.

He's a good player with more potential but like other kids he's inconsistent, lightweight and a passenger at times. So he should be treated as such but he isn't he's guaranteed to start no matter how hes played previous.

That's not on imo especially when we have our own champing at the bit in those positions.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He hasn't had a season of regular football at Senior level when he was let out they had a multitude of players fit and in front of him.

Hasn't been amazing and has had his share of poor games but he will be a top league player, league one is laughable 

I agree League 1 is laughable, but I also think CL with Dortmund is laughable.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, superniko said:

I agree League 1 is laughable, but I also think CL with Dortmund is laughable.

They have been scouting him.When Iv seen him play for Liverpool he has looked comfortable every single time including v Spurs away and he ran the game v AC Milan in the champions League .

I don't think he has shown enough here to warrant being linked with the likes of Dortmund but at the same time he has good attributes and I think he would look a lot better with someone more physical alongside him 

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

but you wouldn't judge him on assist or goals but on his touches and passes he did. 

Yet you had no qualms on judging a fullback purely on goals and assists for at least two years, because you didn’t like him.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Khadra confirmed at Birmingham,

I wouldn't have minded him back here to be honest. He chipped in with a few goals and assists last year and I think we could do with someone this month who is going to contribute there. He would have been an easy and cheap one to do and knows the team already.

Sadly I suspect that even he is out of our price range these days. My belief is we only got him and Van Hecke at the 11th hour because Brighton were happy to send them here to play regularly and were content to subsidise it. The moment other Championship clubs start coming along they will offer more than we will which means we are waiting until the last week to see what happens. 

Guaranteed to play against us in the cup. Old Club syndrome.  

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Honestly think he's a league 1 player at best personally.

I am not his biggest fan, he is not a promotion standard Championship midfielder, but "league 1 player at best?" Behave.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Morton has had some poor games but cmon lads "league one at best"," bang average"?

Is that why Dortmund have been scouting him and according to reports ready to bid £20 million for him in the summer window?

Where have you got that ridiculous rumour from? Gossip aside, I would be flabbergasted if Dortmund bid £20m for Tyler Morton this summer.

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't expect you give me names but I simple outlined the options where we should be looking for one

Oh well. Plenty of fans can see Morton influence on the team and why he had a positive impact on our season

Are any of them affordable tho and it would block Garrett or Wharton path to the first team and we would be better using them plus Morton who has had a positive impact then bring in another loan midfielder. 

Cos I think he could be real asset here under JDT. Plus the fact that he is available cheap or a free makes that deal worthwhile. 

No one has compared to Pirlo tho but you wouldn't judge him on assist or goals but on his touches and passes he did. 

Miles better than League 1 standard 

We are third in the league, the aim should be promotion. To not potentially sign an upgrade on what we have for fear of temporarily blocking the path of a couple of youngsters is loser talk. It's not as if neither can still get game time.

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Agreed on League One being laughable, I think either top Championship or bottom Prem standard eventually. But hadn't Clarkson also featured in predominantly dead rubbers for Liverpool too?

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where have you got that ridiculous rumour from? Gossip aside, I would be flabbergasted if Dortmund bid £20m for Tyler Morton this summer.

There was a media story in Nov or Dec that he was either wanted by Dortmund or being offered to Dortmund in part of a package for Bellingham

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not his biggest fan, he is not a promotion standard Championship midfielder, but "league 1 player at best?" Behave.

We are third in the league, the aim should be promotion. To not potentially sign an upgrade on what we have for fear of temporarily blocking the path of a couple of youngsters is loser talk. It's not as if neither can still get game time.

Agreed on League One being laughable, I think either top Championship or bottom Prem standard eventually. But hadn't Clarkson also featured in predominantly dead rubbers for Liverpool too?

Was spurs away when they were in the mix for the title a dead rubber?

German media reported Dortmund's interest and have had scouts over watching him 

Morton will develop into a fine player. There's no doubt in my mind

This season has been a big learning curve for him but he has natural talent. One thing he needs to get better at is playing on the half turn, but a club like Dortmund or Liverpool will drill that into him

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 3

I know from what GB said during the Hyam announcement that they’re busy behind the scenes and bids/enquiries will go in without us knowing. 

A few clubs in the Championship have made loan additions with Coventry adding two PL loans in a few days.

I just hope we don’t leave it to late and bring in another Hirst upfront.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

During one of our recent live games on sky, one of the commentators pulled out a stat that he has created the most chances in our team this season. Not getting the assist if Gallagher is on the end of it. 

Playing every game this season (or close to) in a playmaking role, this is to be expected surely.

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Morton will develop into a fine player. There's no doubt in my mind

This season has been a big learning curve for him but he has natural talent. One thing he needs to get better at is playing on the half turn, but a club like Dortmund or Liverpool will drill that into him

I don't think he will ever make a CL player, if he does happy to eat my hat. Might - like Buckley or Adam Wharton - make a bottom half Premier League player.

He's a bit like someone like Cleverly who came through at Utd. At a top club from the academy but drifted down the league. 

• Like 1