BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

A good signing - wouldn't bet against Delap reaching double figures.

Think PNE will finish higher in Championship than Rovers.

Ryan Lowe was a very good appointment - a manager who knows what he's doing.

I can't see PNE finishing higher than us. Don't want any bet with you before you ask. 

Delap is decent striker but I feel we need a striker who has pace is what we need so different to Gallagher. 

Lowe is a good appointment for PNE but I don't why you rated him higher than JDT and Rovers

4 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Wouldn't say Pears is crap at all. Had a howler against Wigan last season but hasn't disappointed in the Cup games this season 

Exactly. He would be a number 1 keeper at league 1 level and he has been very good this season when he has played. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Barlaser

Would he improve our midfield? what type of midfielder is he? he is box to box midfielder or tackling midfielder or deep midfield playmaker? 

48 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If Kilkenny is the best our over hyped recruitment department can come up with then they should all be fecked off without further ado.

Totally hopeless, unimaginative and uninspiring.

Lets wait a second and take a step back. We haven't putting a bid in for him. Maybe someone at Bournemouth has possible offered him to us if they recalled him on loan. That why the link is there. 

I am sure Rovers will strength and bring in the right players before the transfer window ends. People need to calm down and don't over reaction to every link or players mention in the media. I can understand the frustration that we haven't signed anyone but @JoeHpost from last night about early January signings was spot on totally. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Sharpe has said Kilkenny isn't happening.

He'll sign tomorrow. 

O’Rourke is quite reliable as far as ‘twitter journalists’ go. 

Would be strange if he’s off the mark, or it could all be agent talk. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Literally (intentionally or otherwise) paraphrasing the response Waggott gave in the fans forum minutes.

It was Mike Cheston who said I believe according to fans forum minutes but he is right. It also a point posters on here have made on here before on this. We seem BBD's comments on promotion this season

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Iv noticed O'Rourke is not as reliable as he was in the past.

He had Mike Ashley deal done to buy Birmingham city in the summer and a lot of his transfer links come to nothing.

In the past most of his rovers bits had legs.

Didn't he also say that Joe Rothwell to Bournemouth for 3 mill was a done deal last january?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Iv noticed O'Rourke is not as reliable as he was in the past.

He had Mike Ashley deal done to buy Birmingham city in the summer and a lot of his transfer links come to nothing.

In the past most of his rovers bits had legs.

I'd really start to doubt the recruitment if they didn't.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am sure Rovers will strength and bring in the right players before the transfer window ends. People need to calm down and don't over reaction to every link or players mention in the media. I can understand the frustration that we haven't signed anyone but @JoeHpost from last night about early January signings was spot on totally. 

Call me a grumpy badger if you like but I generally think evidence should influence my opinion!

And it's not as if we haven't had 12 years of misrule, an incongruous transfer policy (increase value yet contracts running down) and the fact we arsed up near the exact situation last year - not to mention imo an average summer transfer window -- to make us sceptical it will right this year. 

All of those things bar the transfer window are absolute facts. So I struggle to see how people can't see why others aren't relaxed about the window. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Give it a rest.

Delap who has scored 3 goals in 22 games in the league and has never hit double figures- Mercer reckons he double figures.

Rates Lowe as a manager who before Preston was a league 1 manager- but reckons JDT is rubbish and we ahead in the league and he has won league titles. 

I think we should wait and see who we actually sign because we seem to get our business done without people knowing and that’s a great thing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He's played less than 200 minutes of senior football in the past year, he's 5'7" short, he may or may not be still recovering from an injury, he's someone else's player and we already have young and inexperienced ... I know because JDT mentions it every time he breathes.

Based on the above I confidently expect this someone I'd never heard of 5 minutes ago to be our No1 target this window.

Way to go Rovers.... you never cease to feck with my gray matter.

At least there's plenty of T20 to watch.

Doesn't hit and giggle mess with your gray matter? If it's not Lancashire or England I don't care. 

8 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Call me a grumpy badger if you like but I generally think evidence should influence my opinion!

And it's not as if we haven't had 12 years of misrule, an incongruous transfer policy (increase value yet contracts running down) and the fact we arsed up near the exact situation last year - not to mention imo an average summer transfer window -- to make us sceptical it will right this year. 

All of those things bar the transfer window are absolute facts. So I struggle to see how people can't see why others aren't relaxed about the window. 

I think you got to look at this season on it own as we have brought in a New DoF, head coach and head of recruitment plus a new staff within the recruitment. 

I don't agree on your opinion on the transfer window in the summer window. 

I understand people want quick signings in the window but very few clubs actually do this. The time to judge is end of the window and the rest of he season

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely it matters what he is saying the players and in the dressing room plus Broughton, Waggott, owners more than to fans

Could be possibility if they bring in that winger from France  

When will we play a midfield 3 tho? 

When it is decided that we want promotion.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we don't play that way and we won't. 

Playing 4-2-3-1 formation is the way for us to play

And it has been proven that it is not the formation to get us promoted. Of the 3 in that formation, two play wide and the other one goes forward. That leaves two in midfield against three, and we end up losing the battle for midfield.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

And it has been proven that it is not the formation to get us promoted. Of the 3 in that formation, two play wide and the other one goes forward. That leaves two in midfield against three, and we end up losing the battle for midfield.

4-2-3-1:
Goals Scored Per Game: 1.16
Goals Conceded Per Game: 0.95
W/D/L: 8 - 1 - 8

5-3-2 / 3-4-3 / 4-3-1-2:
Goals Scored Per Game: 0.50
Goals Conceded Per Game: 1.38
W/D/L: 2 - 0 - 6

22/23, All Competitions. Other formations not represented as only used a small amount of times.

Edited by JoeH

I think you got to look at this season on it own as we have brought in a New DoF, head coach and head of recruitment plus a new staff within the recruitment. 

Sorry mate that's nonsense.There's a common denominator over the last 12 years messing us about. To ignore it is daft. For all the new stuff we have - and boy don't they sound similar to the old - there's a ton the same. Most significantly the owners who call the shots. 

And of course we've seen the owners year after year under invest in this team. We've seen contracts run down before. We've had new recruitment strategies and teams before. So all the evidence shows that given the constants and the previous new starts - we still are weak in this area. It's naive to think everything has changed.  It's counter to all the evidence. 

I don't agree on your opinion on the transfer window in the summer window. 

Fair enough that's quite subjective. However I think it would be a stretch to call it a strong window. Two utter clangers, and one of the good players missing 40 percent of the games, and only Hyam vastly improving the first 11. That's not a great window. 

I understand people want quick signings in the window but very few clubs actually do this. The time to judge is end of the window and the rest of he season

Again I refer to the points above! Given the history of the club no wonder people are worried and disappointed we aren't getting bodies through the door. Yes the result at the end of the window matter more however good additions early on could give us an edge in a few games. And I think we can clock how it's gone as a window before the end of the season.b

41 minutes ago, rigger said:

Not really cos Dack has been dropping deep into the centre midfield to make sure we aren't getting outnumbered in there. Done well in doing it. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Sorry mate that's nonsense.There's a common denominator over the last 12 years messing us about. To ignore it is daft. For all the new stuff we have - and boy don't they sound similar to the old - there's a ton the same. Most significantly the owners who call the shots. 

And of course we've seen the owners year after year under invest in this team. We've seen contracts run down before. We've had new recruitment strategies and teams before. So all the evidence shows that given the constants and the previous new starts - we still are weak in this area. It's naive to think everything has changed.  It's counter to all the evidence. 

The past is the past. Can't changed it. 

How have the owners under invest in this team when we have pushed the FFP boundaries most seasons? 

Like I said, People need to calm down and judge the window and signings after it closes. I would rather bring in the right signings and I hopefully we will but we need overreacting cos we don't know what is actually going on behind the scenes and I am pleased nothing is leaking much either. 

Fair enough that's quite subjective. However I think it would be a stretch to call it a strong window. Two utter clangers, and one of the good players missing 40 percent of the games, and only Hyam vastly improving the first 11. That's not a great window. 

Hyam and Morton have improved the team, Brittain is a good signing despite the injuries and Szmodics has an impact games and scored goals and impacts some games. 

Hirst was a disappointed on his limited game time. Mola similar. 

Again I refer to the points above! Given the history of the club no wonder people are worried and disappointed we aren't getting bodies through the door. Yes the result at the end of the window matter more however good additions early on could give us an edge in a few games. And I think we can clock how it's gone as a window before the end of the season.

Given all the any signings signed by Championship clubs which players do you think we should have signed? 

@JoeHgave a very good view of the January transfer window and how it works. He is right.