BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Coventry join Sunderland, Blackburn and Wigan in Leeds player pursuit | Football League World

Leeds want a club that will pay a big chunk of his wages and give him lots of playing time. 

I thought he played in Markanday/Hedges position? 

If he's any good, he'll play every game for us, regardless of where he plays, our lot are too inconsistent/shite.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Coventry join Sunderland, Blackburn and Wigan in Leeds player pursuit | Football League World

Leeds want a club that will pay a big chunk of his wages and give him lots of playing time. 

I thought he played in Markanday/Hedges position? 

Leeds are certainly right about playing time otherwise what's the point loaning a player out!?

Seemingly, Liverpool's stance exactly the same about Morton.

Bottom line is we should be fine with that providing we are certain the incoming loanee is far better than anything we have in that position and will substantially improve the team.  Elliott did, Morton doesn't, Mola doesn't whilst Hirst, IMO, stunk the place out.

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

Interesting reading some fan opinions about this new goalkeeper. Using translations it sounds like he’s very much a ‘sweeper keeper’ and good with his feet. Although I’m sure Benson will soon get that out of him.

Not aimed at you Mellor.

One or two vocal posters criticised Benson just for the sake of it and that tag seems to have stuck on here, but if you look at the facts, Kaminski and Pears, they’re both better keepers than when they arrived, certainly in Kaminski’s case.

’Eureka moment anyone’?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah that is it really... but instead of "clearly not ready" the idea is that as they get game time they will improve. Agree Jury is out on this theory as Scott Wharton has gone backwards, and theres been no real recent discernible improvement from Buckley, Garrett, Vale, Dolan etc. But this is the direction of travel, so we will see how it works over a longer time fram.

What I am a bit confused by is why many are so keen to sign "experienced players", how many of them over the last 10 years have been better than the players we have now? If I look across the last 10 years of experienced signings theres only really a handful Id choose us to sign now -  Gestede, Rhodes (not that we'd have the money at the moment), Josh King, Scott Dann (again would we have the money?), Graham (would be absolutely perfect for us now). 

We have however signed loads and loads of "experienced" players not any better than we have now (Etuhu, Murphy, Evans, Smallwood, Bennett etc etc)

I don't really think singing experienced players will necessarily solve  our problems. 

Smallwood and Bennett would both bring something to this team

11 minutes ago, BG1492 said:

Give over. 

Both were lucky to even get that last 12 months with us after bringing nothing back then.

That tells you just how weak and unbalanced our midfield is for me to even post that and mean it

i know for a fact Bennett or Smallwood doesn’t let the city player waltz past him on the edge of our box like Morton did yesterday

Edited by Oldgregg86

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

Not aimed at you Mellor.

One or two vocal posters criticised Benson just for the sake of it and that tag seems to have stuck, but if you look at the facts, Kaminski and Pears, they’re both better keepers than when they arrived, certainly in Kaminski’s case.

’Eureka moment anyone’?

Kaminski's distribution has become worse than when he first arrived. I never looked at Kaminski or Pears form before they came to the Rovers, so I cannot comment on whether they have improved.

30 minutes ago, Gav said:

Not aimed at you Mellor.

One or two vocal posters criticised Benson just for the sake of it and that tag seems to have stuck, but if you look at the facts, Kaminski and Pears, they’re both better keepers than when they arrived, certainly in Kaminski’s case.

’Eureka moment anyone’?

Was slightly tongue in cheek to be fair for exactly this reason, however his kicking is without a doubt worse now. Raya’s kicking was equally as bad and soon as he left he turned into a fantastic distributor!

So, as far as I can tell, we *may* have completed the signing of an out of contract keeper from Broughton's old club.  

Every other signing mooted  would appear to have several options, no doubt all of which will be more financially beneficial to either  the selling/loaning club or player.

No real links to any realistic player in  Europe. 

Yet other teams around us have  already strengthened. 

As you were.

59 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Ovie Ejaria anyone? Not wanted by Reading- young, lost his way, bags of potential. Fits the mould. I’d be all over this.

Great shout. He looked a potential worldie when he broke in that side, spoken about in the same terms as Olise who went on to join Palace.

JDT is not impressed with the speed of the recruitment at Rovers if his post-match press conference is anything to go by. He seems quite dejected. When asked if he thinks it'll go down to 31st January to get business done: "Yeah, but not 2024, huh? Hmm... Not 2024. Hopefully this year." Without the usual joking and laughing he sometimes does after saying such things.

Will JDT tolerate this every window while we're still in this league?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

JDT is not impressed with the speed of the recruitment at Rovers if his post-match press conference is anything to go by. He seems quite dejected. When asked if he thinks it'll go down to 31st January to get business done: "Yeah, but not 2024, huh? Hmm... Not 2024. Hopefully this year." Without the usual joking and laughing he sometimes does after saying such things.

Will JDT tolerate this every window while we're still in this league?

Talking nonsense. He was saying it in a joking way after been asked a question. Non story.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Was slightly tongue in cheek to be fair for exactly this reason, however his kicking is without a doubt worse now. Raya’s kicking was equally as bad and soon as he left he turned into a fantastic distributor!

You’re correct on Raya’s distribution, Kaminski has definitely fallen fowl of JDT’s insistence of playing out from the back, but he’s an excellent keeper, the best we’ve had in years and the man himself puts some of that down to Benson personally, which is good enough for me.

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Talking nonsense. He was saying it in a joking way after been asked a question. Non story.

JDT seemed quite subdued compared to his usual self. He didn't seem to be joking to me - at least not in his usual light-hearted way. Just my take on it. Here is the video (as well as Atkins' review of the game). The bit is right towards the end of the JDT interview.

https://twitter.com/BBCLancsSport/status/1617122143703031811?s=2

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1