BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

I detect a pattern emerging with some of our loan business as well. We seem to be the 'guinea pigs' for young players on loan, often being the first opportunity the players get to go and play in the Championship. It seems to be rare that we bring in players who have played elsewhere on loan at this level previously.

They come here, do ok or well for a season or half a season, and then after that we seem to stand no chance of bringing them back for another spell and instead they head off to rival Championship clubs instead.

I'm thinking here of Tosin, Harwood-Bellis, Khadra, Poveda, Clarkson, Morton, Branthwaite, JPVH

It seems to suggest to me that we are content to take the gamble on these sort of lads, give them their first real opportunity at this level, then once they've come here and done well rival clubs willing to pay more  money get them later. So Khadra going to Sheff Utd/Birmingham, Harwood Bellis to Stoke/Dingles, Tosin to Fulham, next one might be JPVH to Mboro. We hardly seem to have a sniff of getting them back yet rival clubs can get them. I assume this is because having had a heavily subsidised initial spell at Rovers the costs go up considerably with parent clubs demanding far greater wage contributions.

Sorry JH but can't agree. Yes some were first time loanees but many weren't, probably like any other team at our level.

Tosin played a season on loan at W Brom the season before he joined us (& was excellent for us).

Van Hecke played a season at Heerenveen before us (and again was excellent for us).

Giles - was on loan at Cardiff before us.

Then going further back there's the likes of Tom Trybull, Barry Douglas, Greg Cunningham, Harrison Reed, Kasey Palmer. All of whom were experienced pros or had prior loans at our level before.

And the best one of all was Harvey Elliott, who admittedly was a first time loanee but boy (literally!) was he worth it!

So I'd say there's nothing to see here, just appears to be a bit of mischievous stirring on your part, if not a lack of research...

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Could do a lot worse than Anfernee Dijksteel. Out of favour at Middlesbrough, their fans love him. RB or RCB in a back 3.

If they sign a right back it’ll be Ramsay from Liverpool on loan. 

The problem at Rovers is the playing budget is so small they can’t press ‘go’ until they know they can press go on multiple deals. Both incoming and outgoing. Which is why JDT is pissed off that we can’t sign his former no1 keeper because Pompy suddenly decided they wanted someone else and gave back word.

There’s a few very close (so I’m told, but again, I’ve been wrong many times) but there’s lots of knock on effects. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

The problem at Rovers is the playing budget is so small they can’t press ‘go’ until they know they can press go on multiple deals. There’s a few very close (so I’m told, but again, I’ve been wrong many times) but there’s lots of knock on effects. 

What do you mean? What's the holdup in knowing they can press go on multiple deals? Do you mean we can't sign players until players are sold/loaned out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Sam is the man. The Everton fans won't like it but he'll keep them up

Old debate but we'd have been in the Prem for many more years and possibly still now if the twerps hadn't sacked him

Moving on, Sam had Lewandowski lined up for Rovers before he was dumped

Anyone of that calibre coming in this week? 

Would that be the same Lewandowski who was afterwards quoted as saying there was zero chance he would’ve come to Blackburn? And perhaps the same Allardyce who was, with no budget, was reduced to signing Benjani on a free and thence was throwing himself at an Arab club, having been quoted as saying we were a but temporary stepping stone for him to rehabilitate his CV after the Newcastle fiasco?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

What do you mean? What's the holdup in knowing they can press go on multiple deals? Do you mean we can't sign players until players are sold/loaned out?

In principle yes but it’s more complicated than that. 

Pears going out on loan freed enough money up to sign Haikan. Pears didn’t go (might still go), so they can’t afford to sign Haikan because 1) they would have five keepers on the payroll 2) that budget would have knock on effects about which striker / other players they can sign.

They have plenty of options all lined up and know the costs, all the ones we know plus a few others eg Ramsay who could become available. But the combination of which ones we sign relies on the total amount of them all combined. It’s like when you see those graphics where it’s “assemble a five a side team for £10” and you can sign Mbappe he’s priced at £5, meaning your other 4 players can only be £5. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

The problem at Rovers is the playing budget is so small they can’t press ‘go’ until they know they can press go on multiple deals. Both incoming and outgoing. Which is why JDT is pissed off that we can’t sign his former no1 keeper because Pompy suddenly decided they wanted someone else and gave back word.

There’s a few very close (so I’m told, but again, I’ve been wrong many times) but there’s lots of knock on effects. 

Don’t agree. Circa £4m net spent this summer is one of highest in the league. Got no money narrative isn’t true at all Venkys bankroll us very generously for our income.

RE Pears, what’s the point having 3 senior keepers on the books?

1 minute ago, Realistic Rover said:

Circa £4m net spent this summer is one of highest in the leage Got no money narrative isn’t true at all Venkys bankroll us very generously for our income.

🤣🤣🤣

‘Leave it alone Gav’ ……..

4 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Don’t agree. Circa £4m net spent this summer is one of highest in the league. Got no money narrative isn’t true at all Venkys bankroll us very generously for our income.

RE Pears, what’s the point having 3 senior keepers on the books?

They don’t want Pears on the books. They want Pears to have a good second half of the season on loan somewhere so they can sell him in the summer. JDT wants Haikan and Kaminski with a young one as third choice. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

Would that be the same Lewandowski who was afterwards quoted as saying there was zero chance he would’ve come to Blackburn? And perhaps the same Allardyce who was, with no budget, was reduced to signing Benjani on a free and thence was throwing himself at an Arab club, having been quoted as saying we were a but temporary stepping stone for him to rehabilitate his CV after the Newcastle fiasco?

When was the "afterwards"? When he'd become a big star at Dortmund and Rovers were back down in the second division? 

Speaking in 2017, Lewandowski said: "I could not fly to Blackburn because of the volcano but I wanted to go there just to see what the club is like because I didn't know back then where I was going because if I travelled there, I would then know which is the best club for me.

"Maybe if I went there and saw the club, the stadium and everything, it would have become my first choice".

Ultimately the volcananic ash cloud and John Williams getting cold feet over paying £3-4m for a young Pole ultimately scuppered the deal but there's little doubt he was lined up and could easily have ended up at Ewood

Sam's got some questions to answer but there's no doubt he was good for Rovers and Rovers were good for him. If he'd been given a fraction of the money his successors wasted on poor players we'd have been OK under him for years in the Prem

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

In principle yes but it’s more complicated than that. 

Pears going out on loan freed enough money up to sign Haikan. Pears didn’t go (might still go), so they can’t afford to sign Haikan because 1) they would have five keepers on the payroll 2) that budget would have knock on effects about which striker / other players they can sign.

They have plenty of options all lined up and know the costs, all the ones we know plus a few others eg Ramsay who could become available. But the combination of which ones we sign relies on the total amount of them all combined. It’s like when you see those graphics where it’s “assemble a five a side team for £10” and you can sign Mbappe he’s priced at £5, meaning your other 4 players can only be £5. 

Happily take Mbappe and fill the rest of our squad with academy kids. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Stepping stone... You're absolutely bloody right we were! There's no loyalty in football and he earnt every penny we paid him. 

Greedy bent bastard who got his comeuppance by being fired from England job, karma I’d say. 

• Like 1

I honestly think it should be both undav and gelhart not one or the other.  

Undav

BBD              Dack         Gelhart 

As a front 4, with Hedges, dolan and markandy to compete with them.

Then have a look at bringing in a CM.pot

If we get porteous then great but if JpvH is available now we should go all out for him! He fits the supposed model of buying young up coming talent and selling high, in a few years JpvH could be worth 20 to 30 million

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not having that we have a few deals ready to go at this moment.

Why? It's entirely plausible given that the club moves at glacial speed when it comes to transfers. 

I'm pretty sure they've got a lot of players lined up. The only thing that isn't a surprise is that they can't get them over the line. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not having that we have a few deals ready to go at this moment.

Well you wouldn't, would you?

There's a number of fans on here that just think Broughton / JDT are on the gravy train and aren't desperately trying to improve the playing staff.

Money is clearly ridiculously tight - which goes back to my point about Mowbray extending Gallagher out of spite.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Why? It's entirely plausible given that the club moves at glacial speed when it comes to transfers. 

I'm pretty sure they've got a lot of players lined up. The only thing that isn't a surprise is that they can't get them over the line. 

Sounds like our football, lots of aimless passing and can’t get the ball over the goal line. 

Or maybe the Fax machine is still broken. 

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

is`nt that what our esteemed director of football broughton and/or gus williams the apparent head of recruitment are for,have venkys done a lambert on jdt,it would`nt surprise me