BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

no chance Mercer. Plus doesn't this post belong in the PL thread not the transfer thread

There is only 1 Dane here in JDT, Cos his number 2 is Dutch and the rest of our staff are British so the story is bollocks ago

English 

18 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I honestly think it should be both undav and gelhart not one or the other.  

Undav

BBD              Dack         Gelhart 

As a front 4, with Hedges, dolan and markandy to compete with them.

Then have a look at bringing in a CM.pot

If we get porteous then great but if JpvH is available now we should go all out for him! He fits the supposed model of buying young up coming talent and selling high, in a few years JpvH could be worth 20 to 30 million

I have reservations about a 4-2-4 formation

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I was in the same boat but we have to find a way to accommodate Dack, I think he's starting to get back that swagger he had. 

In my opinion you don't pick players to accommodate them . You pick your best players, in their best positions, in the best system for your squad.

• Like 1

I'm all for discussion & debate, but the bare facts are that we're paupers, with rich owners who can't or won't write blank cheques. They've spunked £180m+ away in a decade whilst reducing the club's value, but don't feel obliged to throw good money after bad to right their wrongs.

So they've gone down the sustainability & self sufficiency route. On one level that's to be applauded as we all want the club to survive & grow for next generations. Whether we like it or not, that's where we are.

So GB & JDT are working in very tight parameters. They have some budget, but have to wheel & deal to get the right blend of ins & outs, youth & experience, for now & for succession planning. That means having to be patient and wait on other clubs, and / or on the next round of cup games to pass before prem clubs release fringe players.

Folk are impatient due to the stalling under TM. Fair enough I get it, but GB & JDT are a new broom. I listened to the interview GB gave to the ASD today, he clearly knows his onions and understands how important our proud, historic club is to its town. I'm 100% certain he's doing his damndest to bring sustainable success to us. It's unlikely to be immediate, and it might not succeed at all, but I think he and JDT are the best chance we've had since 2012 to get back to being a force at the top table again.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, J*B said:

In principle yes but it’s more complicated than that. 

Pears going out on loan freed enough money up to sign Haikan. Pears didn’t go (might still go), so they can’t afford to sign Haikan because 1) they would have five keepers on the payroll 2) that budget would have knock on effects about which striker / other players they can sign.

They have plenty of options all lined up and know the costs, all the ones we know plus a few others eg Ramsay who could become available. But the combination of which ones we sign relies on the total amount of them all combined. It’s like when you see those graphics where it’s “assemble a five a side team for £10” and you can sign Mbappe he’s priced at £5, meaning your other 4 players can only be £5. 

Thanks Josh. Please keep sharing the info you have. It's very much appreciated by everyone on here 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not having that we have a few deals ready to go at this moment.

Please can you elaborate why you not agreeing with what Josh is saying? 

I think its case of us picking which players we want to sign within the budget so if you want player B on striker target list then you can player A on your midfield list but its player D on your wide attacking list down to budget and fees involved as an example of how transfers work. 

43 minutes ago, roverandout said:

English 

Damien Johnson is Northern Irish, Gus Williams is Welsh, 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Recalling his talks with Blackburn, Lewandowski revealed: “I had the opportunity to join Blackburn.

“But I wanted to see how Blackburn looked, the training ground, the place I met with Sam Allardyce.

“It was in Poland after a game. I thought he was a good guy, a very good coach.

“He was prepared to take a young player who was something new and might be something special.

“He wanted to come to Poland to see me. That was nice.”

Lewandowski continued: “There were a lot of offers to think about when I was leaving Poznan. I wanted to know if I went there, ‘What would I get? What would I learn?’

“I think it would have been fine if I had gone to Blackburn, but I would have liked to go and see the training centre, the stadium. I couldn’t go because of the cloud. It was the volcano. The volcano with the ash cloud. It was one week and nobody could fly in Europe. The flight was booked, but we couldn’t leave. It changed my life. If I had gone to Blackburn maybe I would have stayed there.”

“It was one week and nobody could fly in Europe. The flight was booked, but we couldn’t leave. It changed my life. If I had gone to Blackburn maybe I would have stayed there.”

Isn't it strange how things aren't actually as some would like others to believe.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Out of interest, is that our next league or are you suggesting we'll have them in before the weekend. 

I think we’ll sign two before Saturdays game, three if we can move Pears on. Again, might be wrong. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, J*B said:

They don’t want Pears on the books. They want Pears to have a good second half of the season on loan somewhere so they can sell him in the summer. JDT wants Haikan and Kaminski with a young one as third choice. 

Forgive my naivety. I really don’t understand how we can be so hard up that it doesn’t happen unless someone takes Pears. 

Even if someone (say Pompey) were to pay us £10k per week for Pears - which would be really expensive; that only works out at £250k in savings/income or so until the summer. If our cash flow is so tight that we can’t afford that, with the prospect that we could still offload Pears to someone else before window closes, and/or potential income from Raya / Diaz then how can we afford to bid for Porteous or indeed anyone else?

If the recruitment team really think this deal for the keeper can be completed and he’s the right player for us, just get it done and then work out how to get rid of Pears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Recalling his talks with Blackburn, Lewandowski revealed: “I had the opportunity to join Blackburn.

“But I wanted to see how Blackburn looked, the training ground, the place I met with Sam Allardyce.

“He was prepared to take a young player who was something new and might be something special.

Lewandowski continued: “There were a lot of offers to think about when I was leaving Poznan. I wanted to know if I went there, ‘What would I get? What would I learn?’

“I think it would have been fine if I had gone to Blackburn, but I would have liked to go and see the training centre, the stadium. I couldn’t go because of the cloud. It was the volcano. The volcano with the ash cloud. It was one week and nobody could fly in Europe. The flight was booked, but we couldn’t leave. It changed my life. If I had gone to Blackburn maybe I would have stayed there.”

“It was one week and nobody could fly in Europe. The flight was booked, but we couldn’t leave. It changed my life. If I had gone to Blackburn maybe I would have stayed there.”

Thank you for printing the truth.

You saved me the trouble.

10 minutes ago, Underground, Roverground said:

Forgive my naivety. I really don’t understand how we can be so hard up that it doesn’t happen unless someone takes Pears. 

Even if someone (say Pompey) were to pay us £10k per week for Pears - which would be really expensive; that only works out at £250k in savings/income or so until the summer. If our cash flow is so tight that we can’t afford that, with the prospect that we could still offload Pears to someone else before window closes, and/or potential income from Raya / Diaz then how can we afford to bid for Porteous or indeed anyone else?

If the recruitment team really think this deal for the keeper can be completed and he’s the right player for us, just get it done and then work out how to get rid of Pears.

They don't want another goalkeeper on the books without getting rid of one.

We have a budget and have most likely identified our targets and will know how much of our budget is needed for each deal maybe the wage budget after priority signings are made wouldn't allow another goalkeepers wage on the books without a Pears wages taken off 

Another goalkeeper would leave me rest a little easier if Kaminski got injured  but the majority of the budget should be going on a number 9 and a centre midfielder that are a step up to what we already have at the club  although not been much talk of a centre mid unfortunately anything else would be a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

There was another interview where he said his mind was basically made up already, and that whilst he would have given us fair consideration if he got to come over, he doubts it was going to sway him.