BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Sharpe has suggested the three strikers in the frame are names that haven't yet surfaced in the public domain. Names out of the blue. Shall we start the guessing games?

I'll go with Will Keane as one of them. Your turn!

Dion Dublin seems to have been touting himself around on TV a lot, recently. He could be in the frame if we are looking for an upgrade on what we have.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Sharpe has suggested the three strikers in the frame are names that haven't yet surfaced in the public domain. Names out of the blue. Shall we start the guessing games?

I'll go with Will Keane as one of them. Your turn!

I'll go with Wesley. Has terrible scoring record so will fit right in with Gally 😁

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Slow as fuck is Greggy.   Whatmore should have been here, not crappy Millwall 

"Crappy Millwall", or "Ambitious, looking upwards, make clever signings to address gaps, Millwall"? 

It isn't catchy, admittedly. And I don't really rate Whatmore, anyway. Better than what we have got right now, though.

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Slow as fuck is Greggy.   Whatmore should have been here, not crappy Millwall and Onomah possibly going to nobdale 🤷‍♂️

Both paying better wages i'd wager.

2 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

"Crappy Millwall", or "Ambitious, looking upwards, make clever signings to address gaps, Millwall"? 

It isn't catchy, admittedly. And I don't really rate Whatmore, anyway. Better than what we have got right now, though.

I hope they don't manage to go upwards. Their fans are the worst in the country, true scum in every sense of the term.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I've struggled to understand the variety of punishments handed out over FFP over the years. It's often seemed like they're, ya know, making it all up as they go along... (and perhaps also that having money helps you get out of these scrapes..)

Sheffield Utd have basically rolled the dice on promotion this year - they'll pay the fine (which will be paltry compared to their PL earnings) next season.

Realistically they should be punished with a significant points deduction. As you say the EFL make it up as they go along, unfortunately - as we saw with the Buckley suspension. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

In that case, I think they should make a move for me. I'll be very happy with 1k p/w. I'm 38 and injury prone but I scored 18 goals across my last two 5-a-side matches.

Hang on nevermind, I've just had a call from Middlesbrough...

Is Benson in net by any chance?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Speaking of 'Boro, Aaron Ramsey has joined on loan. Bet that's going to cost them a fair whack!

They sold two players for a combined £26m in the summer (they brought in £11m during that time too). Even with the big wages they're paying out to all these loans and free agents I'm sure they're fine for a year or two financially. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Probably the better Aaron Ramsey at this point in their careers tbh - 3 goals and 3 assists in 20 games for Norwich this season, apparently. He's very highly thought of in the game - and no he won't be cheap.

Be a hell of a lot cheaper than the other one.

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I reckon Bristol City signing Anis Mehmedi is the best move so far in our division. 1.8M is the rumour - or a Sammie Szmodics in another currency. 

Never seen him, but his League One goals record is pretty similar to Szmodics, slightly worse in fact. But he is only 22 so could improve anyway.

1 minute ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

What time will we have missed out on all targets? I reckon they will string us along till 10ish 

Yeh shortly after the game I reckon JDT will say nothing is happening (or maybe just nothing else...I feel like we will squeeze a player in somewhere, but they might not be any good). So the time we hear it's all done may depend on whether we get extra time and penalties...

• Like 1