BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

33 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I personally, and I know of other like minded, do not think our owners and senior managers care about the club.  IMO, there are too many connected to the club only because it's a gravy train.  I do not see a hunger, a passion, a can do attitude that will move the club forward or start to rebuild a meaningful relationship with the fans.  I think we are now a club without a soul.

I recall the days when you would see the likes of Derrick Keighley, Bill Bancroft and David Brown out about in the area and they'd be only too happy to have a word or two with you.

Make no mistake, seismic changes in ownership and management from top to bottom are needed at Rovers.  We need people who really do bleed blue and white.  Sadly, it might never happen and for that reason, I feel many supporters have been lost for good.

For once we agree.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BigHoz said:

I’ve stopped going for the last 3 years, nothing exciting going on with the club, no direction, passion, I got miserable being at ewood with it being so empty and with a  dead atmosphere, when it starts ruining your weekends it just gets to the point why am I doing this, sad thing is now I’m starting to not miss it, at one point there must of been 10-20 meeting up for the games and now none of them go. Sad times. 

I really don't know how you can complain if you never go.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I think you’re missing the point, which is there is no reason we can’t do our business early and efficiently. Those scrambling around at the end are the poorly run clubs 

Sorry I'm just gonna be blunt- I'm not missing the point, you don't have one that stands up. We can do early business whether there is or isn't a world cup break. We just don't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

Most good lawyers that I have known, look at things from the viewpoint of whoever is paying them.

They're not good lawyers, they're mercenaries.

Good lawyers see a dispute, understand all sides of it, and advise their clients on the merits of their particular viewpoint accordingly within the context of the law applicable to the dispute so that the client can give informed instructions. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

And it always is for others.

Not always but too often. Would you try to argue we are a well-run Club?

From Football League World:

Even if those deals for O’Brien and Brierley are completed, the fact both players are midfielders means the window will close, without Blackburn signing a centre forward.

That means that since the departure of then top scorer Adam Armstrong in the summer of 2021, Blackburn have signed just one senior forward, in the form of the aforementioned and now departed Hirst, who failed to make an impact during his stint at Ewood Park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

According to someone who posted earlier, it's the coaches job to get them scoring.

It's that simple, so let's just find the best goalscoring coach and give them millions. Going up going up going up!!!!!

That was me.

Tomasson's remit is largely to work with the players coming through at the club and those already involved in the first team. Whether you or i like it or not is irrelevant. 

Which goalscoring sensation would you have us sign for no money in this window? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

That was me.

Tomasson's remit is largely to work with the players coming through at the club and those already involved in the first team. Whether you or i like it or not is irrelevant. 

Which goalscoring sensation would you have us sign for no money in this window? 

No idea, but then I don't have a recruitment team.

Which superhuman do you want to make Sam Gallagher a prolific goalscoring superstar?

59 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Where does this leave Brierley ? The look on that photograph says “ What have I done !”

Well presumably we will still look to sign him, but for free, in the summer when his contract expires. Since he was only a prospect who was hardly likely to have an immediate impact, that one might actually work out better if it happens that way.

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

Hang on, the whole tenor of my post was that if Rovers have dropped a bollock, then legally they're in a very tight spot.  I was in essence agreeing with Rev but, in his insatiable desire to blame the club for everything & explicitly stating it was a deliberate act of sabotage to drop said bollock (by who, goodness only knows), he misread my caveat that the fact that O'Brien's deal was last minute was not the club's fault.

And it wasn't. Put it another way, could a deal for O'Brien have been done earlier in the window? No it couldn't; he only became available to us once WBA and Sheff Utd thrown their hands in at what, 3pm yesterday.

Then Rev chose to antagonize by making it personal in questioning my ability as a lawyer to understand the situation correctly, despite me having stated that in my legal opinion we were in a tough spot!!!

The mind boggles.

No, you hang on, Im not going to post again on this, but you've completely changed the goalposts with your post above.

In your original post , you correctly pointed out how imperative it was to serve Court proceedings  in the manner prescribed by  regulations, then, essentially said (I'm paraphrasing slightly) that it looked as though an employee at the Club might have committed an administrative error therefore it didn't appear the Club were at fault.

When I pointed out that that was absolute nonsense you grudgingly agreed with me and admitted the Club were vicariously liable.

If someone at your firm cocked up the service of Court proceedings with the result a Client's claim was struck out you wouldn't dream of trying to make out it wasn't your firm's fault so I don't know why you're trying to make out it's not Rovers fault in this instance.

As for leaving dealings until the last minute, we can debate until the cows come home whether that's a desirable thing or not but no matter how late negotiations take place we know the regulations and the time deals have to be done by and should know exactly  what paperwork has to be filed for each different type of deal so failure to comply with that is either negligent or a deliberate omission.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

The LOB issues are pretty specific. So I’m confused as to why the young lad is in the same boat. 

Don't start asking awkward questions which get to the nub of the matter.

Maybe, despite the line Sharpe has been fed he isn't. It will look very odd if his deal goes through and the major one doesn't. You'd expect that if both deals were genuinely under review by the EFL for the same reason both deals would either stand or both would fail.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

All depends who fault is it for this? Is it Rovers fault? If so who fault is it? 

In other news, we might look at a free agent striker 

Its pretty simple. We went into the window needing whatever you believed, how does that compare to what we have got? 

Only Sorba Thomas would be a terrible window. O'Brien would be a great addition in a position I felt was crucial but you didnt, but it seems that we have fucked up the deal anyway. If he joins, the window IMO goes from terrible to ok whilst missing a key priority, a striker.

If we had a great window, you would never question if we were lucky, yet if we have a rubbish one you start defending it basee on external factors.

If the O'Brien deal was fucked up, many will lose faith in Broughton and I wouldnt be the only one in questioning his role in our future. Would you lose confidence in him?

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Ian Sylvestor is responsible for player registrations, he was also responsible for the "fax machine fiasco"

Sylvestor strangely enough brought in during the Anderson regime continues to go under the Radar and on numerous occassions peddled the line "i just do as im told".

Lets take a look at his roll of honour.

1. Applied for work permits for staff, covered up the fact that Shaw hid the said permits, which left us running with a skeleton medical crew for 3 months. (Have evidence and testimony to support)

2. Was explicit in the Formica fake passport/paperwork deal. (Have evidence, emails and testimony to support)

3. Leaked transfer information to 3rd party agents and player contract information of existing players. 'Have emails, text and testimony to support"

4. Threatened a shareholder that the club would recind his shareholding if he transfered ownership of the said shares to a supporter group. These threats in which i have all the letters are incredible reading.

Sylvestor is in a unique position that he can stop any transfer, if the agenda dont suit.

He was placed in the club by SEM (strange he is still there and holds significant influence on things like transfer deadline day)

I guess SEM never really totally disappeared then, which means someone from th very dark days, could still have an influence at the club. Assuming he still deals with the people who ran that organization, us fans need to be very afraid. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

All depends who fault is it for this? Is it Rovers fault? If so who fault is it? 

In other news, we might look at a free agent striker 

They're just carrying on playing people for fools, stringing them along

I can almost picture it now. Waggott sat in his office at Brockhall well aware that fans will be annoyed at the lack of business so he needs to offer something. So lets throw the old 'possible free agent striker' out to Rich Sharpe to run with. That will keep them quiet for a few days working out who that might be and whether we will get them. 

• Like 4