BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

a happy clapper just goes along with whatever happens,usually slating anyone who dares to criticise anything about the club,players,board and everything else is ticketyboo,they`de still be clapping and whoooing if we ended up in the conference with three stands closed and waggot as the manager

A happy clapper will be saying this isn't the Club's fault! In fact there's a post on the LT site calling fans "ungrateful" for criticising the staff who've stuffed this up. They worked night and day to pull his transfer off and all they get is hostility!

He concluded that Rovers staff will be wondering why they bother!

PS---was going to paste that post but it isn't there anymore!

Edited by 47er

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

The strange thing for me, if I was to rank the latest episode it would rank a lot down the table in terms of the "darkest hours" under Venkys.

However the reaction to this is off the scale in terms of supporter opinion, im struggling to find (since the statement) a single person not baying for blood.

I didnt see this sort of reaction on two relegations

Who'd of thought?

You got one more big fight in you? Whether people agreed with you or not before, they sure as hell should now.

Venkys OUT

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

a happy clapper just goes along with whatever happens,usually slating anyone who dares to criticise anything about the club,players,board and everything else is ticketyboo,they`de still be clapping and whoooing if we ended up in the conference with three stands closed and waggot as the manager

I asked what a non happy clapper does that a happy clapper doesn't? 

Just now, 47er said:

A happy clapper will be saying this isn't the Club's fault! In fact there's a post on the LT site calling fans "ungrateful" for criticising the staff who've stuffed this up. They worked night and day to pull his transfer off and all they get is hostility!

He concluded that Rovers staff will be wondering why they bother!

They didn't!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

The strange thing for me, if I was to rank the latest episode it would rank a lot down the table in terms of the "darkest hours" under Venkys.

However the reaction to this is off the scale in terms of supporter opinion, im struggling to find (since the statement) a single person not baying for blood.

Who'd of thought?

I think it’s because people hoped this transfer was a sign of a much needed change in ambition.

The move collapsing was bad enough but has been added to by that amateurish statement.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Then there’s the repercussions it might have on Rochdale. They went out and signed a few players earlier that day. Were they relying on our transfer fee to fund their deals  ? What went through my mind is they had time to photograph the lad with the Rovers shirt but not enough time to actually sign the bleeding forms !

They'll not get much for 100k. Academy signing 

Edited by Sparks Rover

10 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Who'd of thought?

The straw that breaks the camels back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Who'd of thought?

When Greg and JDT came in the right things got said, bit of optimism, maybe a sense of things are going to go the right way, then a couple of months later bam. Another slap across the face. Things aren’t changing anytime soon until the heads above them leave, wouldn’t matter if it was sir Alex Ferguson and John Williams, aslong those heads are above them things will always be the same, people are finally waking up it seems and fans need to reunite NOW (before it gets swept under the carpet) and let our voices be known. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBar said:

This really has left the sourest of tastes in my mouth, struggled to shake it all day. Fucking shocking. I try tell myself not to be irate but I can't help it.

I’ve been the same all day, I just can’t get over this incompetence from the club! 

Like @glen9mullan has said, there have been worse things that have happened, but this seems to have tipped the fanbase over the edge. The club will be hoping for a win over Wigan on Monday and it will all be forgotten.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Who'd of thought?

There's a few pro venkys/swag 'fans' popping up on Facebook now. I find it impossible to believe they're not club plants, either that or utterly brain washed to the point they won't have a negative word said about the club.

I can't see much of a fan reaction on Monday, unless we get well beaten and people will really go into a meltdown. More likely some vocals directed at the hierarchy next away game.

32 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

My email to SW:

"Dear Mr Waggott,

As a season ticket holder of 30+ years and as a long time silent member of the fanbase in terms of showing outright displeasure at the many failures at the club in recent years, I feel compelled to write to you to express my disbelief at what has occurred these last few days.

We are long suffering fans who have seen this club become a figure of ridicule, both within the fanbase and outside of it. To top off losing 4 top talents at this level for nothing across a 12 month period, we now learn that 2 signings (1 an ambitious short term one to try to help fire us to promotion, the other a long term one to further the "project"), failed to be registered in time due to incomplete and / or unsigned papers being lodged with the EFL in time.

There must be some explanation from the club to the fans as to exactly what happened to give rise to this scenario. I get deals need to be done in a short time sometimes, but to miss 2 deals in one go seems very shoddy indeed. The statement mentions issues beyond the club's control & that independent legal advisors were brought in to assist in the dealings. The club needs to provide more info in that respect.

I have been one of the more patient and understanding fans, accepting the period of transition the club gas gone through since our slide into league 1 was arrested. I've accepted the journey, I accept the project, I'm even at peace with the loss of star players for nothing IF Ben Brereton Diaz is the last of them and new foundations are built to grow the club into the self-sustaining premier league force it supposedly wants to be. But to now be in the situation we're in with these two transfers is, quite frankly, unforgivable and does nothing to breed confidence in anyone in any authority at Blackburn Rovers.

Please can you assure me that a full investigation will be undertaken to determine what happened, how / why and what lessons will be learnt, and that the findings will be made public as soon as it is possible to do so without prejudicing any appeal process? There must be transparency & accountability for what has happened.

We are a town club that has dwindled in significance in the last decade, fans have left in droves, we're competing against big city clubs with much larger fanbases, or with larger income from commercial activities, on field success or tv money. We cannot afford slip-ups like this, reputationally this is a huge own goal.

I would appreciate the courtesy of an early acknowledgement. I'm sure your inbox is filling up rapidly but I feel I deserve that at least."

Was as polite as I could be.

Was sent at 6pm, no reply yet obvs.

What is his email address please? 

45 minutes ago, Gamst said:

I’m intrigued to know why the only successful deal completed on the night was an outgoing at 10.59. Did we prioritise this over a marquee signing? It doesn’t add up and I wonder if we’ll ever find out what really happened. 

A very good point and one that needs clarifying in due course by Swag

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Surely comment sense will prevail, the lad isn’t going to play for the next 6 months, 7 seconds, come on.

Let the deal go through, fine Rovers $50k and donate the money to a youth football program. 

The EFL will be paranoid about a rake of challenges from other clubs that miss out on the play offs, should Rovers make the top 6.

• Like 4