BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

11 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

The buck does stop with Broughton though and in hindsight he should have made sure the processes in place were water tight, should he leave the the club though? Not for me, I'm optimistic he can turn things around for us. As much as we want him to, he can't transform the club overnight 

Very defeatist from my point of view. In particular I'd love you to explain how or why you're "optimistic he can turn things around for us."

What evidence is there for that?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Reading this thread - the players are shit, the manager is shit, the board are shit and the owners are shit - yet we're in play-off contention. Not dismissing the issues at the club but the "sack the lot of them" line is a bit over the top. 

I remain optimistic about GB, it didn't work out this time and he has to put it right for next time. We've all acknowledged there's a lot wrong at the club and to try and change that with the likes of waggot and the venkys around must be like trying to turn an oil tanker with a rowing boat. With all the issues around scouting, getting the owners to sign off on transfers, wage structures etc getting LOB to the stage it was in a short space of time would have been the stuff of fiction this time last year. The forms should have been the easy part of the process the GB didn't need to tinker with so I can forgive him for following the process we always followed and having a degree of faith in the legal / clerical staff being competent. The buck does stop with Broughton though and in hindsight he should have made sure the processes in place were water tight, should he leave the the club though? Not for me, I'm optimistic he can turn things around for us. As much as we want him to, he can't transform the club overnight 

Spot on

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

We don't have to accept.

Lets put this differently.

Rovers have made a number of people redundant over the last 8 months to help pay for Broughton. Loyal employees in some cases who were here long before Venkys.

Over the Venkys reign loads have been made redundant to cover the ever increasing cost cutting exercise.

People losing their jobs are the "doers" not the ones wheeled out in front of the press or holding the office in the boardroom.

Rovers are in a promotion race, (how is another story) however the facts are the table does not lie. We are there and there on merit.

The Raos signed off the spend, sanctioned the wages, sanctioned the compulsory purchase as our BOARD and MANAGER strongly believe we can go up this season. It doesn't matter if you or I think they can or cant, that was the business case apportioned to these signings.

The Raos could claw back every penny they've spent on a £250 to £300 million promotion jackpot.

Our players if we went up, rise significantly in transfer value.

These signings as part of the business case have a forecasted potential sell on value.

Our season ticket/match tickets take up increases by promotion.

Our sponsorship, retail and marketing opportunities increase.

Now lets look at the other side of the coin.

None promotion, with our star assets for the second season running walking away for free means we wont have a transfer budget in the summer. We have no income to reinvest, and no strikers.

More innocent lower level employees will lose their jobs.

Seasin ticket and match tickets will rise, but the uptake will likely decrease.

The manager unless we sack him ( unlikely to pay a manager £2 million to sack him anyway as we've no money) may walk with the knowledge not only does he have no money to spend, but will also have to sell three or four players to balance the book.

Economy wise in football, wages and transfer values will continue to increase, so where rovers are currently shopping at a jumble sale, next season the one after etc, we will be at shopping at the football version of food banks.

Level of players we attract becomes worse than what we have, and we become closer to being in the 3rd tier of football for only the 4th time in our history.

This almighty cock up on Tuesday is not isolated to having 2 less players. The knock on affect could be terminal 

Why should Mrs Jones who runs the safeguarding get sacked because GB the guy who was brought in to look after transfers has royally fucked up? 

Why should the fans pay an extra £50 a season ticket next season to pay for this incompetence and contribute towards his £160k base salary, plus his £120k benefit package?

The reality is what you see as a setback, is far more to the wider picture when those not involved feel it in the pocket.

They all need to be removed, this aint championship manager, this is real life 

Had I cocked up a potential £250 million frame work in my own job, that would probably see 600 plus redundancies and me heading of to the job centre.

2 days a year, yes just two days, we have to be slick, punctual and get it right. On all counts we have not, time for them to go.

Bloody hell, you really rate O'Brien!

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I am just wondering if a deputy, vice assistant will get thrown under a bus.

I just listened again to GB. I picked up a nuance that the actual club process in place for the last "8-10 years" is a problem.

Hard not to note that this coincides with our Indian ownership. Any possibility that this is about awaiting sign off from people .....not directly involved?

Also, I can't help wondering where Swag is/was in all this. I know that literally he was in Birmingham...but how does he feel about the fact that he is now removed from matters associated with the playing side..and GB is in the driving seat. 

GB is seen to fail. Is this good or bad for Swag? Hey ho

I reckon anyone working in vice is doing such a good job that a promotion is more likely than becoming bus fodder.😯

Edited by AllRoverAsia

22 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Reading this thread -  the players are shit, the manager is shit, the board are shit and the owners are shit - yet we’re in play-off contention . Not dismissing the issues at the club but the "sack the lot of them" line is a bit over the top. 

I remain optimistic about GB, it didn't work out this time and he has to put it right for next time. We've all acknowledged there's a lot wrong at the club and to try and change that with the likes of waggot and the venkys around must be like trying to turn an oil tanker with a rowing boat. With all the issues around scouting, getting the owners to sign off on transfers, wage structures etc getting LOB to the stage it was in a short space of time would have been the stuff of fiction this time last year. The forms should have been the easy part of the process the GB didn't need to tinker with so I can forgive him for following the process we always followed and having a degree of faith in the legal / clerical staff being competent. The buck does stop with Broughton though and in hindsight he should have made sure the processes in place were water tight, should he leave the the club though? Not for me, I'm optimistic he can turn things around for us. As much as we want him to, he can't transform the club overnight 

That’s because the league is shit too 😁

• Like 7

don`t really get the optimism about rovers

we let our best players leave for nothing

we can`t sign good ones because there are incompetent tosspots behind the scenes

gregg the egg brings in two of the worst players iv`e seen for a long time in hirst and mola,he`s been here since the summer and done the square root of **** all

we now have no saleable assets playerwise

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

As much as we want him to, he can't transform the club overnight 

He spent all the run up to January looking and sorting players and all he could come up with was a nobody from Rochdale who had already chosen sheff utd and the other we start the ball rolling at lunchtime on the last day....fucking incompetent he is.

He should know how much a boost a couple of good signing would have been to the club, players, fans and manager and he's failed big time....he's guaranteed us mid table.

Broughton Out

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we can`t sign good ones because there are incompetent tosspots behind the scenes

gregg the egg brings in two of the worst players iv`e seen for a long time in hirst and mola,he`s been here since the summer and done the square root of **** all

That's all I don't agree with.

We have tosspots very competent at following instructions.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Is Hirst the worst striker since Chris Brown?

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bloody hell, you really rate O'Brien!

To be fair I truly believe he could have been the difference. Still can’t believe a striker wasn’t signed! 

GB and his incompetent team have cost us any chance of play offs.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Broughton explained the situation and it's one that we have accept it the circumstances which happened during the transfer window. We will learn lessons from it and get better equipped for the next one 

Your naivety is overwhelming 

• Like 6

Still can't get my head around what a monumental fk up this was, just completely unprofessional and in the eyes of the footballing world it has set the clubs reputation back to what it was during the 'keanout' days. 

No self respecting footballer and their agent would touch us now. Back to signing shysters. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Reading this thread - the players are shit, the manager is shit, the board are shit and the owners are shit - yet we're in play-off contention. Not dismissing the issues at the club but the "sack the lot of them" line is a bit over the top. 

Ive no ill feeling towards Gb or JDT they where led to believe they where joing a normal professional football club. 

• Like 2

In the ongoing wake of this debacle I have actually warmed to JDT. In his latest interview he is angry and struggles to keep that in check and correctly once again distances himself from the shenanigans of deadline day.

GB on the other hand is a huge disappointment. I have no idea how culpable he is in the O'Brien and Brierly failures but his inability to find a striker in 2 windows is poor in the extreme.

The signing of Hirst last summer will haunt him for a long time and in this window just Thomas, a good player who was hawked around all Championship clubs by his parent club. Recruitment didn't even have to fire up their laptops to find him.

However what can we really expect from an academy manager/director from a far north league learning on the job how to be a DoF at Championship level exacerbated by it happening at a Circus run by a CEO Mike Lindell lookalike.

I don't accept his recent post window coverup interview that was scripted and full of misdirection.

I hope he is a man if his word and will reveal all once the appeal is lost on Tuesday.

Meanwhile I await news today of what our leaders have leaked to a certain journo.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Very defeatist from my point of view.

I don't think so. We've had the club labelled as rotten to the core from owners to CEO to the manager who gave jobs to all his mates, it's a tall order for anyone to come in and change everything that's wrong at the club immediately. 

Maybe also cos I work in public sector and nothing changes within the first 6 months of someone senior starting I just assume its the same everywhere else 🤣

9 hours ago, 47er said:

In particular I'd love you to explain how or why you're "optimistic he can turn things around for us."

So I appreciate he's not set the world on fire just yet and tbh it's just gut feeling that he's honest / genuine and will get the job done eventually. 

I know 'give it time' seems to be a dirty phrase on here but my gut feeling is that if we give him time he will have a positive impact on the club 

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 3