BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Hope this is Robinson…Anyone know?

36DF3135-2EE8-4A31-A9D5-68C0AFF4804F.png

Just saw that, you’d hope it’s Robinson of all their strikers… but after a look through them all it’s probably Mark Harris, contract expires this year, young, Welsh - no idea who he is though tbh!

Can anyone confirm?

2 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Just saw that, you’d hope it’s Robinson of all their strikers… but after a look through them all it’s probably Mark Harris, contract expires this year, young, Welsh - no idea who he is though tbh!

Can anyone confirm?

Welsh? Hasn't our HoR got a connection to the FAW in his most recent job? 

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Mark Harris.Rovers offered £700,000 but turned down. Contract up in summer, another known to Williams. Scored against us ( cracker actually) but only 3 goals this season.

Nice, hopefully one to look at in the summer. You’d think our advantage of Gus at recruitment can get him over the line. He’s young(ish) n all.

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Is he any good?

Couldn't tell you mate. Can play anywhere across the front line apparently. Scored the winner against us this season. Got a feeling will be a new strikeforce completely next season witn not just bbd on his way

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Couldn't tell you mate. Can play anywhere across the front line apparently. Scored a good goal against us this season. Got a feeling will be a new strikeforce completely next season witn not just bbd on his way

Yeah I posted just before in the Wigan thread. Think Gally will be sold to free up some money & vale will be loaned out. We’d need at least 3 new faces uptop.

• Like 1

If we are looking at Welsh players, Dylan Levitt at Dundee looks a player  - Former Man United youth.  Looks like a natural ball carrier. Someone who fits JDT ball well. 

Looks like Millwall were keeping tabs on him in January. Surley we could out muscle them if we were interested.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If we are looking at Welsh players, Dylan Levitt at Dundee looks a player  - Former Man United youth.  Looks like a natural ball carrier. Someone who fits JDT ball well. 

Looks like Millwall were keeping tabs on him in January. Surley we could out muscle them if we were interested.

Aaron Collins if we going welsh

• Like 2

Am I right in thinking Mowbray said the exact same thing (and rightly got slated) when we were 2nd / 3rd last season?…”I don’t look at the table”

Also this continuous “we are building”, “it’s a project” etc. Are we safe to say JDT and Egg will have failed if we finish with fewer points / lower position to last season? Especially considering we were a 3rd place team in Feb last year, and finished 8th. Say a 12th place finish this year, with less points and worse GD is surely a failure, and no building is done with only a 6 month loan that a rival club are willing to give us. 

506739AE-A7FD-4805-8700-9BF8D5767B86.jpeg

Edited by superniko

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Am I right in thinking Mowbray said the exact same thing (and rightly got slated) when we were 2nd / 3rd last season?…”I don’t look at the table”

Also this continuous “we are building”, “it’s a project” etc. Are we safe to say JDT and Egg will have failed if we finish with fewer points / lower position to last season? Especially considering we were a 3rd place team in Feb last year, and finished 8th I think. Say a 12th place finish this year, with less points and worse GD is surely a failure, and no building is done with a 6 month loan that a rival club are willing to give us. 

506739AE-A7FD-4805-8700-9BF8D5767B86.jpeg

I don't think that is fair to say. Mowbray had over 5 years on his 'project' the high point and culmination of which ended with a disastrous second half to last season with relegation level form which somehow dragged us from a nailed on top 6 spot in January to miss out. 

JDT has had less than 1 year and a fraction of the resources Mowbray enjoyed so seems unfair to expect him to better Mowbray's high point in his first attempt at it. 

We know there is no real project or build but I don't think that is anything to do with Mowbray, JDT or Broughton, it just sounds good to the owners and fans but in reality there is no plan here from the top down other than make ends meet within the budget each year.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I don't think that is fair to say. Mowbray had over 5 years on his 'project' the high point and culmination of which ended with a disastrous second half to last season with relegation level form which somehow dragged us from a nailed on top 6 spot in January to miss out. 

JDT has had less than 1 year and a fraction of the resources Mowbray enjoyed so seems unfair to expect him to better Mowbray's high point in his first attempt at it. 

We know there is no real project or build but I don't think that is anything to do with Mowbray, JDT or Broughton, it just sounds good to the owners and fans but in reality there is no plan here from the top down other than make ends meet within the budget each year.

Perhaps a little unfair then given the time frames I agree.
Regarding resources, didn’t we spend more in the summer than we have since Brereton was signed? He also has an extra years experience on a decent academy bunch (if he actually decided to use Adam Wharton for example)

Agree that the ‘project’ stuff is just empty words, nevertheless frustrating that we just continuously have it rammed down our throats. 

8 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Ive no ill feeling towards Gb or JDT they where led to believe they where joing a normal professional football club. 

You wouldn’t have to look far too realise that isn’t the case. Pro football is a very small world and even the dogs in the street know we’re a basket case of a club. No excuses for anyone thinking Rovers is a normal club, unless they’ve been in a coma for the last 12 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

I don't think so. We've had the club labelled as rotten to the core from owners to CEO to the manager who gave jobs to all his mates, it's a tall order for anyone to come in and change everything that's wrong at the club immediately. 

Maybe also cos I work in public sector and nothing changes within the first 6 months of someone senior starting I just assume its the same everywhere else 🤣

So I appreciate he's not set the world on fire just yet and tbh it's just gut feeling that he's honest / genuine and will get the job done eventually. 

I know 'give it time' seems to be a dirty phrase on here but my gut feeling is that if we give him time he will have a positive impact on the club 

Something changed in less than a week at Everton, same when Big Sam came in here. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Couldn't tell you mate. Can play anywhere across the front line apparently. Scored the winner against us this season. Got a feeling will be a new strikeforce completely next season witn not just bbd on his way

It's needed, i hope we keep Dack he always offers something a bit different but i suspect he'll leave.

Nothing against Gallagher but it's time for a change there they need to perform a minor miracle and get a couple of quid for him before he's another who walks for nowt. His 15/20k a week can certainly be put to better use.

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

No thanks.  Weak as piss

2 hours ago, RoverDom said:

I don't think so. We've had the club labelled as rotten to the core from owners to CEO to the manager who gave jobs to all his mates, it's a tall order for anyone to come in and change everything that's wrong at the club immediately. 

Maybe also cos I work in public sector and nothing changes within the first 6 months of someone senior starting I just assume its the same everywhere else 🤣

So I appreciate he's not set the world on fire just yet and tbh it's just gut feeling that he's honest / genuine and will get the job done eventually. 

I know 'give it time' seems to be a dirty phrase on here but my gut feeling is that if we give him time he will have a positive impact on the club 

Just a feeling, no evidence for it!

You're trying hard to deflect it to the site though, we're not giving him time!

Bit thin.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

24 isn't exactly a whippersnapper... 14 goals in 120 senior appearances, 9 in 74 for Cardiff. That's pretty underwhelming stuff! 

Yes but it’s a free! Why would we turn our noses away at that? Who’s to say that he would be first choice anyway…think it’s defiantly worth a shot.

Edited by BankEnd Rover