BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what that based on? 

Underwhelming goal record, Cardiff fans seemingly in unison that he isn't very good, and whenever I have seen Cardiff on Sky and he has played, he has been part of an impotent Cardiff attack.

Granted I didn't watch the game at Cardiff earlier in the season as I was away in which he did score a very good goal.

Mark Harris, Sam Gallagher and Jack Vale would be possibly the worst set of strikers in the league.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Underwhelming goal record, Cardiff fans seemingly in unison that he isn't very good, and whenever I have seen Cardiff on Sky and he has played, he has been part of an impotent Cardiff attack.

Granted I didn't watch the game at Cardiff earlier in the season as I was away in which he did score a very good goal.

Mark Harris, Sam Gallagher and Jack Vale would be possibly the worst set of strikers in the league.

I don't based opinions on other fans opinion on their player. 

On Harris, I don't know much about him so don't have opinion him or what is best position is cos when you look into where he has played its in 3 different positions whether its as the number 9 or left of the attack or right of the attack. 

He did score a very good goal against us

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't based opinions on other fans opinion on their player. 

On Harris, I don't know much about him so don't have opinion him or what is best position is cos when you look into where he has played its in 3 different positions whether its as the number 9 or left of the attack or right of the attack. 

He did score a very good goal against us

Do you base your opinions on player records?

1403596086_Screenshot2023-02-05at16_23_03.thumb.png.80e4de05be7cf3cd737b3f073019f7cd.png

9 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Transfer related, we all know that BBD is going to Villa Real but unless I have missed it, is this still to be officially confirmed ? Maybe they will add it in as a footnote to a failed appeal statement on Tuesday 🙈

So, apparently he hasn’t committed to Villa Real as yet. Probably the worst case scenario now, he has no contract from June and will be shit scared of getting injured and jeopardising future contract / earning potential as without the safety net of a signed and sealed 5 year contract.

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

So, apparently he hasn’t committed to Villa Real as yet. Probably the worst case scenario now, he has no contract from June and will be shit scared of getting injured and jeopardising future contract / earning potential as without the safety net of a signed and sealed 5 year contract.

We haven't seen him for 11 games anyway tbf. 

12 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Thought we had a 'data based' recruitment team now? Would be very interested to see the data they crunched to come up with prolific Mark F##king Harris

At least he's quick - but yes, they were clearly at the bottom of their potential list at that point.

Doesn't matter anyway, we wouldn't have got the paperwork sorted in time. 

the recruitment policy of signing only young players so their value theoretically increases is so flawed its unreal,players only increase in value if you go up the league,win games and score goals,we don`t look like doing any of those in the near future,it`s very worrying,in fact in the next two years if this lot continue,we`ll have a side full of 18 yr olds getting bullied off the park

• Like 1

4 hours ago, booth said:

Do you base your opinions on player records?

1403596086_Screenshot2023-02-05at16_23_03.thumb.png.80e4de05be7cf3cd737b3f073019f7cd.png

This is the what we are going to get though they are clearly fishing around for the next BBD type project striker.  

Hirst, loan to buy 5 mill fee agreed - flop, sense seen and sent back, on to the next one, freebie but will probably cost double in wages now.  

Maybe he'll price himself out of it.

If i was JDT i'd be telling them in no uncertain terms when Ben leaves we need a proper goalscorer otherwise we are fecked and i'm off !

Edited by tomphil

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the recruitment policy of signing only young players so their value theoretically increases is so flawed its unreal,players only increase in value if you go up the league,win games and score goals,we don`t look like doing any of those in the near future,it`s very worrying,in fact in the next two years if this lot continue,we`ll have a side full of 18 yr olds getting bullied off the park

The 2 main signings in terms of money spent are Hyam and Szmodic.

You wouldn't describe either as kids both coming into their prime 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The 2 main signings in terms of money spent are Hyam and Szmodic.

You wouldn't describe either as kids both coming into their prime 

did`nt broughton state the clubs transfer policy is to bring young players to the club,increase their value and sell them on to be self sufficient,flawed thinking because you need to get good ones and register them on time,i doubt the lad from rochdale and mark harris from cardiff had the ability to increase their value,irrelevant anyway because the current backroom regime is`nt of the required standard to purchase players to get us up the league and increase the players values

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

did`nt broughton state the clubs transfer policy is to bring young players to the club,increase their value and sell them on to be self sufficient,flawed thinking because you need to get good ones and register them on time,i doubt the lad from rochdale and mark harris from cardiff had the ability to increase their value,irrelevant anyway because the current backroom regime is`nt of the required standard to purchase players.

Fixed.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

did`nt broughton state the clubs transfer policy is to bring young players to the club,increase their value and sell them on to be self sufficient,flawed thinking because you need to get good ones and register them on time,i doubt the lad from rochdale and mark harris from cardiff had the ability to increase their value,irrelevant anyway because the current backroom regime is`nt of the required standard to purchase players to get us up the league and increase the players values

Why do you doubt an 80k youngster from Rochdale can increase in value? He was being bought for the future not to be put into the first team straight away, all clubs make such signings. Sheffield United also wanted him 

They say a lot of things but at the end of the day our 2 main signings in terms of money spent were both 27.

They also say promotion isnt on the agenda this year but willing to pay O'Briens wage and Sorba Thomas wage for 6 month whatever they say I do not believe they were doing that to finish tenth this season.

Buying , developing, selling , reinvesting should be the route we are going down if we want to become more competitive in the market.But agreed Broughton not showing he can deliver, an average to mediocre window and an awful one ,got to be third time lucky for this fella .

• Like 3

On 04/02/2023 at 12:52, Exiled_Rover said:

Then most fans you speak to are fools. This hasn't been a well run club since Williams left.

That's a bit harsh, @Exiled_Rover.

I'd like to think that most of us - me included! - on here are reasonably intelligent; even though my eyes cross at some of the higher finance "stuff" we read about on this Board.

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Buying , developing, selling , reinvesting should be the route we are going down if we want to become more competitive in the market.But agreed Broughton not showing he can deliver, an average to mediocre window and an awful one ,got to be third time lucky for this fella .

We’ve been trying to do that for 13 years. We sold an entire PL squad in order to go down that route.

It was the only way for a club like ours, struggling in its attempt to get into 7th place in the PL to push on.

It doesn’t work. That’s a plan that never holds anyone to account, never sets targets and it’s a plan for failure.

Why do some fans fall for this bollocks? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LDRover said:

Thought we had a 'data based' recruitment team now? Would be very interested to see the data they crunched to come up with prolific Mark F##king Harris

Doesn't really shape up that way, data is part of the process but it's not taken over in the way it's sometimes being portrayed.

Director of Football (Gregg) & Head Coach (JDT)
sit above
Head of Recruitment (Gus Williams)
sitting above
Head of UK Scouting, Head of European Scouting & Head of Data Scouting
sitting above
Part Time/Full Time Scouts & Part Time Data Analyst

Data based roles highlighted in red*