BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I can't ever understand this point of view, that fans pop up with from time to time. This regime has really done a number on the ambition of the fanbase.

Financially alone, this club desperately needs promotion. Even if we came straight back down. 

One thing I wouldn't like is VAR the way it is done at the moment. I am old fashioned in the way, that if we score a goal, and the linesmans flag is down, I celebrate.

55 minutes ago, 47er said:

That article of Sharpe's  is as blunt and honest as I can remember the LT publishing. Fair play to him. I hope they're listening,

This is one of those moments that you just  instinctively know have long-term repercussions----like the 1960 Cup Final or Shearer leaving or Kean being appointed manager. You just know they are fateful days. and much will spring from them one way or another.

Or selling Fred Pickering. On the cusp of winning trophies to downhill all the way to division 3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

One thing I wouldn't like is VAR the way it is done at the moment. I am old fashioned in the way, that if we score a goal, and the linesmans flag is down, I celebrate.

Well, I would love to have VAR too.

27 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Personally, I'd run with what we've got now. Genuinely blood the youngsters - see who's made of what and then hopefully we're clear on who we're going to retain in the summer and who is surplus to requirements.  

I see no benefit in promotion if I'm being honest as I think it would make next season a car crash of epic proportions, but I would prefer to see the likes of Leonard, Wharton, Garrett etc. all being given genuine chances to show if they're going to sink or swim. If you're good enough you're old enough.

Shocking statement. I'd take a car crash if it meant a massive chunk of the clubs debt was taken care of along with the parachute payments a year later, and reset on FFP.

I think you speak for a lot of fans though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Don´t know who this Alan Richardson is, or if it's meant as a joke, but he posted this on twitter on hour ago:

He said that Danny Guthrie was signing last week.

I would guess this won't be true.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Personally, I'd run with what we've got now. Genuinely blood the youngsters - see who's made of what and then hopefully we're clear on who we're going to retain in the summer and who is surplus to requirements.  

I see no benefit in promotion if I'm being honest as I think it would make next season a car crash of epic proportions, but I would prefer to see the likes of Leonard, Wharton, Garrett etc. all being given genuine chances to show if they're going to sink or swim. If you're good enough you're old enough.

At least it would be a crash for cash. 

😂

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

He said that Danny Guthrie was signing last week.

I would guess this won't be true.

Sounds like he likes to link past-it free agent midfielders called Danny to Blackburn Rovers. Bit of a niche but whatever gains him followers I guess...

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Sounds like he likes to link past-it free agent midfielders called Danny to Blackburn Rovers. Bit of a niche but whatever gains him followers I guess...

Well he's amassed 21 followers so far so i would say he needs to be more creative!

• Like 2

Classic diversion and distraction tactic from Broughton here.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/sheffield-united-transfer-haunts-blackburn-26165804

We don't hear from him for months, something he accepts responsibility for goes belly up and he talks about a player he wanted to sign in the Summer.

They insult our intelligence.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Classic diversion and distraction tactic from Broughton here.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/sheffield-united-transfer-haunts-blackburn-26165804

We don't hear from him for months, something he accepts responsibility for goes belly up and he talks about a player he wanted to sign in the Summer.

They insult our intelligence.

Is that not a valid point though? Ex premier league pays more than it can afford and we lose out? We are seemingly playing a different game at the moment… looking at the City situation.

13 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Is that not a valid point though? Ex premier league pays more than it can afford and we lose out? We are seemingly playing a different game at the moment… looking at the City situation.

It is - I never said otherwise. It's the timing of this article which I was questioning.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Course he can talk sense but can he ensure a form gets properly filled out and in on time? Does he care enough---we do.

So this is where I feel he needs defending. I wouldn't expect someone with 'Director' in their job title to be so down in the detail as to be checking whether or not you spell Sharpe with or with out an 'e'. He owns the process of player recruitment but he doesn't do each and every step himself. It's the people he's trusted to do their jobs and have been in post for some time that have let him down. If he doesn't fix things and these mistakes get repeated then that is absolutely his negligence. 

It's like he says the hard bit was done - we targeted a quality championship player and got venky sign off on wages that blow our apprent wage structure out the water and a potential record transfer fee on top, all in a short space of time. That's the sort of thing we were screaming out for to be changed in previous windows.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

And its laughable to suggest that the site wants" immediate results".

It does. A fair few on here within 2 weeks of his appointment were moaning about the lack of signings and "what is this clown even doing" 

Same with JDT there were people complaining about him even after 3 wins in 3 because they couldn't see a clear style of play. 

2 hours ago, 47er said:

After all these years of crap, we're still here, still wishing the club to do well, still hanging on in hope.

I'm not disputing the passion and desire and the hope that we do well I'm questioning the patience. We've been stung by Tony mowbrays "Journey" talk to the point that when anyone says 'give it time' it's dismissed as being unambitous and lapping up what we're told. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

So this is where I feel he needs defending. I wouldn't expect someone with 'Director' in their job title to be so down in the detail as to be checking whether or not you spell Sharpe with or with out an 'e'. He owns the process of player recruitment but he doesn't do each and every step himself. It's the people he's trusted to do their jobs and have been in post for some time that have let him down. If he doesn't fix things and these mistakes get repeated then that is absolutely his negligence. 

It's like he says the hard bit was done - we targeted a quality championship player and got venky sign off on wages that blow our apprent wage structure out the water and a potential record transfer fee on top, all in a short space of time. That's the sort of thing we were screaming out for to be changed in previous windows.

It does. A fair few on here within 2 weeks of his appointment were moaning about the lack of signings and "what is this clown even doing" 

Same with JDT there were people complaining about him even after 3 wins in 3 because they couldn't see a clear style of play. 

I'm not disputing the passion and desire and the hope that we do well I'm questioning the patience. We've been stung by Tony mowbrays "Journey" talk to the point that when anyone says 'give it time' it's dismissed as being unambitous and lapping up what we're told. 

I’m concerned how the apparent willingness to bring in a player on possibly twice our highest earner’s wages will go down with the rest of the wasters. It wouldn’t be so bad if he came in and tore up the midfield play. At least he could say then - “ that’s why they pay me what they do “. As it is now it’s the worst of both worlds.

7 minutes ago, booth said:

Shocking statement. I'd take a car crash if it meant a massive chunk of the clubs debt was taken care of along with the parachute payments a year later, and reset on FFP.

I think you speak for a lot of fans though.

It's just an opinion and you know how the saying goes about those. It might be shocking to you but I'm comfortable with it. I'll expand on it though a little.

For me, the Championship is probably the most genuinely competitive league in the world. Most of the teams in the division will, over a season have genuine claims on either promotion/relegation/both of the above, sometimes at the same time. This makes nearly every game meaningful in a way you'd never really see in the Premiership (I'll  accept this season is something of an outlier given how well Brentford, Brighton and Fulham are doing). 

Chasing the money guarantees nothing in terms of our situation given our peculiar set-up and there's something soulless and morally bankrupt about the premiership promised land. A fair chunk of the owners there leave a particularly nasty taste in the mouth.

Have a read of the article below; for sure it'll make you laugh in places (it did me anyhow, Delia Smith at #15, for example). By the same token, after reading it I felt grubby as fuck, in need of a shower and reminded yet again that money doesn't buy class....

https://www.football365.com/news/ranking-premier-league-owners-morals-bin-salman-abramovich-mansour

• Like 1

They always manage to rely on examples of players who have joined the parachute laden clubs and use that as evidence how 'we can't compete'.

I'm yet to come across anyone who seriously expects us to outbid such clubs, it's a fact of life they can offer more, fortunately there are only a small number of rivals with parachute cash, and that doesn't stop recruitment taking place elsewhere, you've just got to be able to move on to other targets quickly.

Interestingly there is little reference to the multiple rival clubs who have been able to get business done rather than whinge about how unfair life is all the time.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So you don’t want to be promoted but instead just butt against a glass ceiling indefinitely (with the odd bad season possibly leading to L1)? 

What would be the point then of any of this?

No, that's not what I'm saying. 

Promotion this season, with this squad would be catastrophic. You make out that going up is nirvana - for every Burnley there's a Leeds/Sunderland/Bolton/Derby. Look at Huddersfield and Cardiff, in the Premier League as recently as 2019 and now 3rd & 4th bottom respectively in the Championship. Cast your eye over Norwich, for all their yo-yoing they look no more fit for promotion than we do and how much money have they received and spunked away over the last few years? 

The 'point of all this' ultimately is to support are club,no? The point, for me, isn't the Premier League in itself, at all costs.. 

• Like 1