BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Anyone seen JDT's comments in the Telegraph? Hope it's a case of lost in translation... 🤔

6:47pm

JDT: “So far I think we’ve had a good season, in the last 16 of the FA Cup, in the other cup we were in the last 16, something Rovers haven’t been for many years.

“We’ve been in a good position in the league all year.

“Is it too high? If you look at our squad and the rest of the money involved in this great league, yes it’s too high.

“Is that our target to up there? No, but we can dream about it.

“We are not favourites, I’ve said that from day one, we’re under construction, and where we’re trying to build over time.

“That’s the situation here.”

Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic: LIVE match updates | Lancashire Telegraph

If it isn't our target then let's just shut the place down and start playing rugby or some other shit.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead

Anyone seen JDT's comments in the Telegraph? Hope it's a case of lost in translation... 🤔

JDT: “So far I think we’ve had a good season, in the last 16 of the FA Cup, in the other cup we were in the last 16, something Rovers haven’t been for many years.

“Is it too high? If you look at our squad and the rest of the money involved in this great league, yes it’s too high.

“We are not favourites, I’ve said that from day one, we’re under construction, and where we’re trying to build over time.

Success? No thanks mate. Embarrassing.

• Like 4

Luton Town’s manager’s comments in build up to West Bromwich match (mid January) - compare and contrast:

In front of a sold-out Kenilworth Road, the boss wants his players to maintain their levels and continue fighting ‘every day and every game’.

“We have to be relentless in what we do,” Edwards said in his pre-match press conference. “We have to keep working hard, keep training really hard and keep doing the things that get us success and try and keep doing them better. It’s about being relentless now, that is what football is really, especially in the EFL. 46 games of really hard work and it can be a slog but if you’re successful, it can be really worth it.”

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Luton Town’s manager’s comments in build up to West Bromwich match (mid January) - compare and contrast:

In front of a sold-out Kenilworth Road, the boss wants his players to maintain their levels and continue fighting ‘every day and every game’.

“We have to be relentless in what we do,” Edwards said in his pre-match press conference. “We have to keep working hard, keep training really hard and keep doing the things that get us success and try and keep doing them better. It’s about being relentless now, that is what football is really, especially in the EFL. 46 games of really hard work and it can be a slog but if you’re successful, it can be really worth it.”

Any chance we can swap?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Any chance we can swap?

He'd never come here. He's got some decent forwards at Luton of the quality that we aren't ever likely to see, thanks to our recruitment policy, or lack of.

Can we swap Vale and Gallagher for Morris and Adebayo?

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

This is the shitbag that negotiated behind Forest Green's back with Watford, right? Then was unceremoniously sacked before October?

No ta. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
33 minutes ago, booth said:

He'd never come here. He's got some decent forwards at Luton of the quality that we aren't ever likely to see, thanks to our recruitment policy, or lack of.

Can we swap Vale and Gallagher for Morris and Adebayo?

I'd swap them for a pair of traffic cones at this point.

• Like 1

I read last night that Jones has been training with us recently, but no idea if there’s anything in that.

Even if United released him from his contract, we wouldn’t be able to sign him until the summer.

That said, I’d take him (injury record and all), on a heavily permanent-related incentivised contract.

• Like 1

We don't realistically need another cebtre back but I always thought Jones could be converted to defensive mid, before he left I'm sure he played there a couple of times. Stranger things have happened I guess although I've no idea how we'd get round the wages issue

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ElTwis said:

We don't realistically need another cebtre back but I always thought Jones could be converted to defensive mid, before he left I'm sure he played there a couple of times. Stranger things have happened I guess although I've no idea how we'd get round the wages issue

I don’t think his legs are up to a midfield role these days.

• Like 2